Report of Teaparty death greatly exaggerated

samzheresamzhere BannedPosts: 10,923 Senior Member
To paraphrase Mark Twain, "Rumors of the Teaparty death have been greatly exaggerated."

Recently the mainstream media were giggling like schoolgirls at the defeat of a couple of Teaparty candidates. What the press failed to mention was these candidates weren't strong offerings anyway and their opponents were also quite solid. So the loss didn't actually denote anything except specific personal defeats.

Not so in Texas and I wonder whether the driveby media will take notice of the Teaparty sweep in Tuesday's (5/27) Republican runoff.

Top of the ticket was for Lieutenant Governor. In Texas, the office of Governor is mostly ceremonial (due to past corrupt governors, the Tx constitution took much of that power away and handed it to Lt. Gov). Here, the Lt. Gov is the power seat, as he controls the legislative process and determines the agenda to a great degree, decides when and if to call special sessions, presides over the legislature, and so on.

Current Lt. Gov is David Dewhurst, a moderate Republican (Republicans now control 100% of the state, with ALL state lead offices plus solid majorities in both houses, ha ha) -- but you may remember Dewhurst ran against Ted Cruz for Rep. Senate, and ran a shabby and vicious attack on Cruz, and also threatened that if nominated, a true conservative and Teaparty guy like Cruz would certainly be defeated in the general election. And you know what happened, Cruz won a landslide and he's now a strong voice for conservatism in the US Senate.

Likewise, Dewhurst spent over $5mil of his own fortune to attack state senator Dan Patrick. Patrick got his start as a fiery conservative radio talkshow host, and then set a terrific path in the Tx state senate as a top Teaparty leader.

So now, with Dewhurst's 2nd stunning defeat in a row (ha ha), Dan Patrick will face state senator Demo Wendy Davis in the fall election for Tx Lt. Gov. Guess who will win?

By the way, I actually like Wendy Davis. She's tough, smart, honest, and true to her liberal philosophy, unlike many liberal phonies. I just disagree with her policies.

But anyway... Reason I'm posting... Gang, you got to back those true conservative candidates in the PRIMARY elections. Get them nominated in lieu of RINOs or even moderate Republicans.

I understand the frustration many here feel about having to look at a November ballot where the Republican differs little from the Democrat. And you either stay home or write in "M Mouse" as you choice (or vote Libertarian, which has the exact same effect as voting for the mouse guy).

It's the PRIMARY where the true direction of the Republican party is determined, and the only way you can effect that direction is to get behind and work for genuine conservatives in your district.

We in Texas did this several years ago and swept in a full slate of Republicans, mostly conservatives. Now, as the electorate has moved even more conservative, the moderates and RINOs at the top are being voted out.

Bye, bye, Dewhurst.

Outside of a dog, a book is a man’s best friend. Inside of a dog, it’s too dark to read. - Groucho Marx
«13

Replies

  • JeeperJeeper Senior Member Posts: 2,952 Senior Member
    Where's that "Like" button? LOL

    Luis
    Wielding the Hammer of Thor first requires you to lift and carry the Hammer of Thor. - Bigslug
  • samzheresamzhere Banned Posts: 10,923 Senior Member
    Florida is another state similar to Texas in that the conservatives and even moderate Republicans pretty well dominate the state.

    For the past few years we here in Texas have had the enviable treat to often find two or three conservative candidates vying for the same elected position. A fun luxury, to "have to" pick among several conservatives.

    This is a delight and we here feel some what sad about our 2A pals living in "blue" states, where Demos dominate. Eeeek!

    We've debated this issue before, but I want to emphasize a couple points (while maybe flogging a dead mule a bit):

    1- It's during the primary stage of elections that you (the "collective" you) make the biggest difference. Here in Texas the process of, for example, conservative / Teaparty domination has been effected during primaries. If we wait till the general election, it's too late and we have the non-choice of a Demo or a RINO. So gang, get yourselves into the primary process and support the conservatives early on, donate a few bucks, get these folks nominated.

    And don't EVER listen to the whining of the RINO establishment, who tell you that "Oh, a Teaparty candidate can't win, not enough support" -- Bull! Of course a do-nothing dunce with no real credentials isn't going to be garnering broad voter support, Teaparty member or not. But what's essential is that we get GOOD conservative candidates -- smart, hard working, honest people whom the general electorate can indeed vote for.

    2- I tend to slam votes for Libertarians or independents. This is NOT because I don't agree with many Libertarian principles -- the idea of lassez faire is often a good one. My only objection has been that Libertarians simply don't get elected to anything statewide or to a national office very often. It does happen but rarely. What I strongly recommend is working WITHIN the Republican party to ensure that genuine conservative candidates are nominated in the primaries. And yes, they DO get elected to office IF they're good people.

    3- Moderate Republicans aren't RINOs. They're simply moderate, not conservative. Moderate Reps usually are conservative on fiscal issues and somewhat more liberal on social issues.

    In some ways I'm a moderate when dealing with social matters, but I want to clarify this:

    I couldn't care less whether there's same-sex marriage or gays in office or whatever. I cherish my personal liberties and privacy and therefore couldn't want to deter others of their personal behavior. I simply don't care whether someone's gay or white or black or polkadot. So I'm a bit more left-leaning for such social issues than most rock-solid conservatives who might slide toward the "reactionary" side of things. Each issue is separate and stands on its own merits.

    Anyway, in our upcoming general election, we'll likely soon have a true conservative and Teaparty guy as Lt. Gubernator.

    Outside of a dog, a book is a man’s best friend. Inside of a dog, it’s too dark to read. - Groucho Marx
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 19,809 Senior Member
    samzhere wrote: »
    ... Moderate Reps usually are conservative on fiscal issues and somewhat more liberal on social issues.

    In some ways I'm a moderate when dealing with social matters, but I want to clarify this:

    I couldn't care less whether there's same-sex marriage or gays in office or whatever. I cherish my personal liberties and privacy and therefore couldn't want to deter others of their personal behavior. I simply don't care whether someone's gay or white or black or polkadot. So I'm a bit more left-leaning for such social issues than most rock-solid conservatives who might slide toward the "reactionary" side of things. Each issue is separate and stands on its own merits.
    Thank you for saying this - I think the majority of conservatives feel this way. The problem with the GOP is they're all too frequently "reactionary" on social issues - which is why they KEEP LOSING ELECTIONS - *AND* they're left leaning on fiscal issues as well. Then the choice becomes "We're going to get a semi-socialist anyway, we might as well vote Democrat - at least we won't get a Christianist anti-everything in office.

    My wife and I fled the GOP several years ago for the Libertarians. We don't agree with everything they say either, but they're far closer to what we think is right than either of the major parties who only differ in the type of slavery they promote. We just voted in the Ca primary - we pretty much voted GOP down the line, except for Attorney General, where we voted Libertarian (one of the few contests that actually *has* a Libertarian candidate) as the GOP guy was thumping his religious BOOK to a sickening degree. But fat chance anyway, we'll get a bunch of Dems in office regardless.
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

    "If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 21,921 Senior Member
    samzhere wrote: »
    To paraphrase Mark Twain, "Rumors of the Teaparty death have been greatly exaggerated."

    Recently the mainstream media were giggling like schoolgirls at the defeat of a couple of Teaparty candidates. What the press failed to mention was these candidates weren't strong offerings anyway and their opponents were also quite solid. So the loss didn't actually denote anything except specific personal defeats.

    Not so in Texas and I wonder whether the driveby media will take notice of the Teaparty sweep in Tuesday's (5/27) Republican runoff.

    Top of the ticket was for Lieutenant Governor. In Texas, the office of Governor is mostly ceremonial (due to past corrupt governors, the Tx constitution took much of that power away and handed it to Lt. Gov). Here, the Lt. Gov is the power seat, as he controls the legislative process and determines the agenda to a great degree, decides when and if to call special sessions, presides over the legislature, and so on.

    Current Lt. Gov is David Dewhurst, a moderate Republican (Republicans now control 100% of the state, with ALL state lead offices plus solid majorities in both houses, ha ha) -- but you may remember Dewhurst ran against Ted Cruz for Rep. Senate, and ran a shabby and vicious attack on Cruz, and also threatened that if nominated, a true conservative and Teaparty guy like Cruz would certainly be defeated in the general election. And you know what happened, Cruz won a landslide and he's now a strong voice for conservatism in the US Senate.

    Likewise, Dewhurst spent over $5mil of his own fortune to attack state senator Dan Patrick. Patrick got his start as a fiery conservative radio talkshow host, and then set a terrific path in the Tx state senate as a top Teaparty leader.

    So now, with Dewhurst's 2nd stunning defeat in a row (ha ha), Dan Patrick will face state senator Demo Wendy Davis in the fall election for Tx Lt. Gov. Guess who will win?

    By the way, I actually like Wendy Davis. She's tough, smart, honest, and true to her liberal philosophy, unlike many liberal phonies. I just disagree with her policies.

    But anyway... Reason I'm posting... Gang, you got to back those true conservative candidates in the PRIMARY elections. Get them nominated in lieu of RINOs or even moderate Republicans.

    I understand the frustration many here feel about having to look at a November ballot where the Republican differs little from the Democrat. And you either stay home or write in "M Mouse" as you choice (or vote Libertarian, which has the exact same effect as voting for the mouse guy).

    It's the PRIMARY where the true direction of the Republican party is determined, and the only way you can effect that direction is to get behind and work for genuine conservatives in your district.

    We in Texas did this several years ago and swept in a full slate of Republicans, mostly conservatives. Now, as the electorate has moved even more conservative, the moderates and RINOs at the top are being voted out.

    Bye, bye, Dewhurst.

    Sam you are so correct here in that the Primaries are the real battle ground. However, after that, of we don't get the candidate we want, it's time to vote for the lesser of the evils. What people aren't seeing is that if someone is on the Republican ticket, he/she is on the Republican Platform, and if they don't remain loyal to at least the basic issues, such as the Second Amendment, they are short timers. That's how people like McConnell and Boehner survive in office as long as they do because they know how far the can push the envelope. But they're still better than the Dummycrap alternative. However, as you say, if we want to get them out of office we need to do it in the Primaries. We need to vote for the most conservative level headed folks we can find, but in the Primary. If we don't win it there, we ain't gonna win ANYTHING voting for an Independent or alternative in the general election. Once it gets that far, voting for anything other than a Republican is just votiing for the Democrat. And anything is better than that. So Save your efforts at trying to change the party's direction for the Primaries and vote for the lesser of the evils in the General Election. And if you stay home or vote for an unwinnable Independent, you're just helping put people like Obammy back in the driver's seat.

    Oh and yes, let me join you in sending Mr. Dewhurst, one of Texas's Few Rinos out the door of the Capitol in Austin. And as for Wendy Davis, How can she be smart and be such a Blue Dog Dummycrat? That's a no brainer. No such thing as a smart Dummycrap!!!
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • samzheresamzhere Banned Posts: 10,923 Senior Member
    Slight disagreement on 2 issues but otherwise totally agree, snake...

    1- Even a moderate Republican is better than a Democrat. If you're stuck with one, make lemonade and squeeeeeze that moderate so that he/she'll vote more and more conservative. We've recently seen this in Boehner, who has seemed to grow a pair, even if small ones. Guys like him even gradually see the rabid liberals for what they are and will come around to a more conservative stance.

    Re. Wendy Davis, there ARE liberals who are consistent to their beliefs and are straight on that, and aren't phonies. Yeah, they're still annoying (I'm having a running and spirited Facebook battle with a couple lately) but they're good folks still. It's like loving a wayward puppy.

    Outside of a dog, a book is a man’s best friend. Inside of a dog, it’s too dark to read. - Groucho Marx
  • alphasigmookiealphasigmookie Senior Member Posts: 8,775 Senior Member
    zorba wrote: »
    Thank you for saying this - I think the majority of conservatives feel this way. The problem with the GOP is they're all too frequently "reactionary" on social issues - which is why they KEEP LOSING ELECTIONS - *AND* they're left leaning on fiscal issues as well. Then the choice becomes "We're going to get a semi-socialist anyway, we might as well vote Democrat - at least we won't get a Christianist anti-everything in office.

    My wife and I fled the GOP several years ago for the Libertarians. We don't agree with everything they say either, but they're far closer to what we think is right than either of the major parties who only differ in the type of slavery they promote. We just voted in the Ca primary - we pretty much voted GOP down the line, except for Attorney General, where we voted Libertarian (one of the few contests that actually *has* a Libertarian candidate) as the GOP guy was thumping his religious BOOK to a sickening degree. But fat chance anyway, we'll get a bunch of Dems in office regardless.

    Agree. Difficult to find those who lean fiscally conservative but who are more open on social issues these days from either political party. It's amazing how many people I meet who fit into this general category yet so few of our politicians fit this mold!
    "Finding out that you have run out of toilet paper is a good example of lack of preparation, buying 10 years worth is silly"
    -DoctorWho
  • JasonMPDJasonMPD Senior Member Posts: 6,135 Senior Member
    samzhere wrote: »
    Slight disagreement on 2 issues but otherwise totally agree, snake...

    1- Even a moderate Republican is better than a Democrat. If you're stuck with one, make lemonade and squeeeeeze that moderate so that he/she'll vote more and more conservative. We've recently seen this in Boehner, who has seemed to grow a pair, even if small ones. Guys like him even gradually see the rabid liberals for what they are and will come around to a more conservative stance.

    Re. Wendy Davis, there ARE liberals who are consistent to their beliefs and are straight on that, and aren't phonies. Yeah, they're still annoying (I'm having a running and spirited Facebook battle with a couple lately) but they're good folks still. It's like loving a wayward puppy.

    A moderate Republican is a snake in the grass we don't need. They are weak-kneed about all of their "beliefs" and are a flip-flop danger; especially on social issues--including gun control.

    Moderates agree that "reasonable" gun control is ok.

    And you are not left leaning on the social topics you mention (like gay marriage), you are just plain right (pun intended).

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk
    “There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.” – Will Rogers
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 19,809 Senior Member
    Agree. Difficult to find those who lean fiscally conservative but who are more open on social issues these days from either political party. It's amazing how many people I meet who fit into this general category yet so few of our politicians fit this mold!
    Exactly. I'm all about freedom as much as possible. Neither major party wants freedom, they just want their particular brand of repression/slavery/whatever. Leave the 2A alone. Leave the 1A alone. Repeal the 16A. Etc.

    That's what the Tea Party was originally about, but its been largely co-opted by the mainline GOP.
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

    "If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
  • bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 10,700 Senior Member
    I'm glad to be rid of Dewhurst, finally. He pulled every trick in the DNC handbook, plus spent 20 million trying to beat Cruz, and used the same tactics against Patrick. This should end him, once and for all.
  • samzheresamzhere Banned Posts: 10,923 Senior Member
    bisley wrote: »
    I'm glad to be rid of Dewhurst, finally. He pulled every trick in the DNC handbook, plus spent 20 million trying to beat Cruz, and used the same tactics against Patrick. This should end him, once and for all.

    Absolutely correct. And thing is, Dewhurst's record of voting hasn't actually been all that bad but over the years he's slipped more and more toward the liberal side and his leadership was minimal, when we need a strong conservative as Lt. Gov. Patrick will shake 'em up, just like Cruz is doing.

    We're pretty fortunate here in Texas (other conservative states have it pretty good too) in that we get into a hussle about which Republican to support. In other states it's Demo all the way.

    Which is maybe one reason why so many people are moving to Texas from places like NY.

    Outside of a dog, a book is a man’s best friend. Inside of a dog, it’s too dark to read. - Groucho Marx
  • samzheresamzhere Banned Posts: 10,923 Senior Member
    cpj wrote: »
    Once again, if the republicans can't find a Candidate I can vote for without completely holding my nose, I'll vote libertarian. Or vote Mickey Freakin Mouse. (Which is the same in Sams opinion) I'll also send a cordial email to the party explaining why I didn't vote for the old gray headed bastard they offered me.

    Correct. As I mentioned earlier, the situation has to be fixed during primary elections. It's too late if people wait for the general election. But when you say "If the republicans..." you imply that the Republicans are some separate entity. YOU are "the Republicans"! What I mean by that is that "you" (the group "you" not you personally) are the voters who determine exactly which candidates are nominated in the beginning.

    This is the sort of grass roots support that the Teaparty is all about -- supporting the right candidate for the primaries, ensuring that RINOs or slow-minded too-moderate Republicans don't even get nominated.

    You say that moderates don't get voted out. WRONG! David Dewhurst just got exactly that, voted out. He's gone gone gone and in his place will be a sharp, smart, and firebrand true conservative, Dan Patrick.

    Moderates however will stay in office as long as they're re-nominated over and over in the primary. It behooves us conservatives to find smart, tough, and good true conservative candidates and get them nominated. But if we sit back and let the old guard keep running (and ruining) the Republican party, then yes, of course voting M. Mouse is the result. Problem is, that has zero, count 'em, zero effect on the process.

    Outside of a dog, a book is a man’s best friend. Inside of a dog, it’s too dark to read. - Groucho Marx
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 21,921 Senior Member
    samzhere wrote: »
    Slight disagreement on 2 issues but otherwise totally agree, snake...

    1- Even a moderate Republican is better than a Democrat. If you're stuck with one, make lemonade and squeeeeeze that moderate so that he/she'll vote more and more conservative. We've recently seen this in Boehner, who has seemed to grow a pair, even if small ones. Guys like him even gradually see the rabid liberals for what they are and will come around to a more conservative stance.

    Re. Wendy Davis, there ARE liberals who are consistent to their beliefs and are straight on that, and aren't phonies. Yeah, they're still annoying (I'm having a running and spirited Facebook battle with a couple lately) but they're good folks still. It's like loving a wayward puppy.

    Actually Sam, no, we don't have any disagreement on this. I realize and I thought that was sort of the message I conveyed in my post that Even a moderate( Hell even a RINO) is better than a Dummycrap. Like I said, they at least have to stay on the same page as the platform or become great Academy Award potential actors if they are elected as a Republican, especially a president.

    And, I never said a Dummycrap couldn't be good folks. I have several Liberal (Idiot) friends. And yes, they are consistent, But mainly consistently wrong. There are some Libs I have actually liked, though not politically. One was Jimmy Carter. He is a good human being. But he's dumb as a rock politically. Another was George McGovern. He was a World War II hero pilot and a good man, but politically so far left he was off the radar.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 21,921 Senior Member
    cpj wrote: »
    Quote by Snake
    "However, after that, of we don't get the candidate we want, it's time to vote for the lesser of the evils. What people aren't seeing is that if someone is on the Republican ticket, he/she is on the Republican Platform, and if they don't remain loyal to at least the basic issues, such as the Second Amendment, they are short timers."


    Yeah. Just like John McCain. Oh. Wait. Nevermind.
    Moderates don't get voted out. That's why.....they become moderate. They hear a zipper, any zipper, and instantly fall to their knees.
    Once again, if the republicans can't find a Candidate I can vote for without completely holding my nose, I'll vote libertarian. Or vote Mickey Freakin Mouse. (Which is the same in Sams opinion) I'll also send a cordial email to the party explaining why I didn't vote for the old gray headed bastard they offered me.

    Yep I said it and stand by it. Have you ever heard the popular adage that a Bird in Hand is Better than a Bird in the Bush? Well reverse that slightly and look at it like this. A Dummycrap is that bird in the hand, the Rino or Moderate is the bird in the bush. I'd rather have the possibility of that bird in the bush being the bird I want than the positive fact that the Dummycrap in the White House is a full blooming Commie. And the mere thought that I would have helped put him there is the REAL turd sandwich.

    Like Sam and I have both said, The PRIMARIES are the time and place for protests. The General Election is the time and place for Damage Control. Why do people think by staying home on election day or voting for some guy that hasn't got as much chance getting elected as a snow ball in hell, is going to change things? All it's going to do is put who you REALLY don't want in office in office. Now that's a no brainer.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 21,921 Senior Member
    cpj wrote: »
    This attitude is why we have what we have today.

    No it's not. We have what we have today because of too many stupid non thinking uneducated people voting. And also because not enough people give a crap about the Primaries to affect a difference. That has to change. If we can get people off their butts to the polls for the Primaries, that is people that know the issues, then we can change all this. I'm just saying that giving up and staying home or voting for Oscar Unknown is not the answer. It's like playing poker. You try to get the best hand you can. But if you are uncertain and you fold every time you'll never win. But if you Play your hand out, at some point you will win. Voting for the moderate is playing your hand out. But staying home or voting for win won soon is giving it all away. It won't change anything. And if you think that if we just let the Dummycraps have their way enough people will come around, well that may be true. But in the mean time they'll change things to where we'll never get back to anything resembling what we once had.

    Remember this, 40% of the people in this country are on the left and they will never change. That's what they are. All it takes is 10% of us to join them or let them have their way and we are screwed.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • samzheresamzhere Banned Posts: 10,923 Senior Member
    snake284 wrote: »
    Actually Sam, no, we don't have any disagreement on this. etc.

    No problem here, agree totally. I'm not so keen on Jimmy Carter of late, however.

    But Wendy Davis is a liberal from the old school, a Hubert Humphrey type, not the new breed of jerks. Regardless, she's goin' down in the election.

    Outside of a dog, a book is a man’s best friend. Inside of a dog, it’s too dark to read. - Groucho Marx
  • samzheresamzhere Banned Posts: 10,923 Senior Member
    snake284 wrote: »
    No it's not. We have what we have today because of too many stupid non thinking uneducated people voting. And also because not enough people give a crap about the Primaries to affect a difference. That has to change. If we can get people off their butts to the polls for the Primaries, that is people that know the issues, then we can change all this.

    Texas is proof positive of this. It REALLY DOES WORK, taking back control of the Republican party and ensuring that true conservatives are nominated in the primaries.

    And those conservatives who happen to live in totally blue states, well... move? You're welcome in Texas, and Colorado and other states really need the added conservative push.

    Outside of a dog, a book is a man’s best friend. Inside of a dog, it’s too dark to read. - Groucho Marx
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 21,921 Senior Member
    samzhere wrote: »
    No problem here, agree totally. I'm not so keen on Jimmy Carter of late, however.

    But Wendy Davis is a liberal from the old school, a Hubert Humphrey type, not the new breed of jerks. Regardless, she's goin' down in the election.

    Well hells bells, he IS getting old and feable. However, in my opinion, he's always had a problem with his political thought process.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • samzheresamzhere Banned Posts: 10,923 Senior Member
    Well, I've always respected Jimmy for his personal decency, and his Habitat for Humanity work has helped thousands. But he's been very catty about the Bushes when they don't slam him for his failures -- one of the worst foreign policies ever (till Obama, that is).

    Y'know, thinking about the Republican party, an analogy -- faulty of course as all analogies are -- but it's like we bought a small property, wanted to farm it, then walked away and let it lie fallow (like Hamlet says, an unweeded garden grown to rank), and we come back and get all angry that it's not pristine and thriving. Ya gotta tend the garden and keep weeds out. Same for the Republican party, dig out the RINOs.

    Outside of a dog, a book is a man’s best friend. Inside of a dog, it’s too dark to read. - Groucho Marx
  • bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 10,700 Senior Member
    cpj wrote: »
    I agree it's all in the primary's. But getting people to vote PERIOD in the primary, and vote for someone who won't give them a handout is a tall order. I'll do my part in the primary. But again, I've eaten my last turd sandwich.

    A little prediction.....republicans are going to lose over the next few years. And lose big. (Nationwide, not Texas) Several factors, the aforementioned selection of turd sandwiches, peoples general dislike for old white dudes, and most importantly....the dems are smarter. What you say!?! Yep. They get that everyone is fed up with BOTH parties. But they are/were smart enough to buy all the votes they will ever need, in order to make themselves the lesser of two evils to what Rush calls "low information voters".

    The Dems ARE smarter, but more importantly, they are unapologetic hypocrites, who play political hardball ALL THE TIME. They are part of a well-oiled political machine that is like a 'buzz saw,' just waiting for those unsuspecting milquetoast Republicans to walk into it and get cut to ribbons, because they don't want to offend anyone.

    Democrat vulnerabilities are so numerous and obvious that a child can point them out, but Republicans don't have the balls to go after them, for fear of offending one block of voters or another.
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 21,921 Senior Member
    cpj wrote: »
    SPOT ON! Which is a HUGE reason I've grown to hate them.

    I agree 100%. In the primaries No milk toast, no Rinos, no apologetic whiners. But once the hand is dealt in the primary then it's whoever the Republican nominee is. That's the only way I can do it. Because I will not cut my nose off to spite my face and pull a kamakazi stunt and let the dems win free and clear. True, the Rino may turn coat and roll over and play dead, but the key operative word here is "May." If you stay home or vote for "No Hope Joe" it's a sure thing the Dummycrap is going back in the driver's seat, no may, and, if, or but. It's a fact that you can't change. Then you get to live for 4 more years watching them destroy this country. I've had all of Obama and his gang of thieves I can take. Also, whoever gets elected, if he's supposed to be a Repulican or conservative, he/she better be or do a damn good impression. Because I think Boehner, McConnell, and the rest rest if the milk toast appeasers are seeing the writing on the wall. They know people are getting tired. But before you blame them only, remember, they are like they are because a majority of their constituents wanted it this way. That can change as it did here in Texas. As Sam said, we used the primary to change things. But everyone has to get pissed off enough to get off their butts and learn all the issues and go vote for good candidates in the Primary.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • Farm Boy DeuceFarm Boy Deuce Senior Member Posts: 6,083 Senior Member
    Mmm turd sandwich! My favorite! That is what you are saying snake. Pull the Big R lever straight down the road to hell. Don't look away just pull the Big R lever.
    I am afraid we forget sometime that the basic and simple things brings us the most pleasure.
    Dad 5-31-13
  • CaliFFLCaliFFL Senior Member Posts: 4,812 Senior Member
    snake284 wrote: »
    I agree 100%. In the primaries No milk toast, no Rinos, no apologetic whiners. But once the hand is dealt in the primary then it's whoever the Republican nominee is.

    So you are saying that you will knowingly and happily vote for mediocrity, liberals, and apologetic whiners in the general election simply because of the party that helped run their campaign?

    That's called blind devotion. It's worse than low information voters, because you should know better.
    The question isn't who is going to let me; it's who is going to stop me.

    Ayn Rand
  • breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 13,178 Senior Member
    Just a thought, but WHEN your primaries are can determine whether or not you're voting for a pretty conservative candidate, or Mitt Romney.

    For instance, in 2008 Fred Thompson was running for President. By the time that the primaries hit Florida, he had dropped out. I had a choice between John McCain, Mitt Romney, Rudy Giuliani, and Ron Paul.

    Of course in 2012 Florida tried to move their primary up and get a wider range of candidates and more relevance, and the party stripped them of half their delegates......

    It's hard to vote for a more conservative candidate when they withdraw by the time the primary rolls around to yours state.
    Overkill is underrated.
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 26,183 Senior Member
    Just a thought, but WHEN your primaries are can determine whether or not you're voting for a pretty conservative candidate, or Mitt Romney.

    For instance, in 2008 Fred Thompson was running for President. By the time that the primaries hit Florida, he had dropped out. I had a choice between John McCain, Mitt Romney, Rudy Giuliani, and Ron Paul.

    Of course in 2012 Florida tried to move their primary up and get a wider range of candidates and more relevance, and the party stripped them of half their delegates......

    It's hard to vote for a more conservative candidate when they withdraw by the time the primary rolls around to yours state.

    I'd like to see ALL states vote in the presidential primary within a one month window. No more of the stuff you're talking about. If you're on one of the states whose primary is later in the year, you're stuck voting from the culls the libtard states have chosen for you. Have numerous debates leading up to that one month voting window, and devil take the hindmost at the polls.
    If the U.S. Congress was put in charge of the Sahara Desert, there would be a shortage of sand in under six months.



  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 19,809 Senior Member
    tennmike wrote: »
    I'd like to see ALL states vote in the presidential primary within a one month window. No more of the stuff you're talking about. If you're on one of the states whose primary is later in the year, you're stuck voting from the culls the libtard states have chosen for you. Have numerous debates leading up to that one month voting window, and devil take the hindmost at the polls.
    :agree::that:

    Yea, the primaries should all be on the SAME day!
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

    "If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
  • breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 13,178 Senior Member
    tennmike wrote: »
    I'd like to see ALL states vote in the presidential primary within a one month window. No more of the stuff you're talking about. If you're on one of the states whose primary is later in the year, you're stuck voting from the culls the libtard states have chosen for you. Have numerous debates leading up to that one month voting window, and devil take the hindmost at the polls.
    I'd prefer them on the same day.
    Overkill is underrated.
  • samzheresamzhere Banned Posts: 10,923 Senior Member
    Mmm turd sandwich! My favorite! That is what you are saying snake. Pull the Big R lever straight down the road to hell. Don't look away just pull the Big R lever.

    Rude to snake when he didn't stoop to such insulting diatribe, pal.

    But generally, ANY Republican is better than ANY Demo, simply because the Republican, whomever, is not wrapped in the Demo party machine system, and therefore is vulnerable to pressure from voters. Boehner's a good example, how he's tended more conservative recently.

    Outside of a dog, a book is a man’s best friend. Inside of a dog, it’s too dark to read. - Groucho Marx
  • samzheresamzhere Banned Posts: 10,923 Senior Member
    Just a thought, but WHEN your primaries are can determine whether or not you're voting for a pretty conservative candidate, or Mitt Romney.

    For instance, in 2008 Fred Thompson was running for President. By the time that the primaries hit Florida, he had dropped out. I had a choice between John McCain, Mitt Romney, Rudy Giuliani, and Ron Paul.

    Of course in 2012 Florida tried to move their primary up and get a wider range of candidates and more relevance, and the party stripped them of half their delegates......

    It's hard to vote for a more conservative candidate when they withdraw by the time the primary rolls around to yours state.

    A good point. Sadly, Fred T didn't turn out to be the strong candidate many (me included) had hoped for. He was wishy washy and bland, whereas we'd hoped that he would be in reality the strong character he'd played on TV. But the transition didn't work.

    You're right about the dates of the presidential primary. I was mostly talking earlier about state primaries.

    What has to be done is to support a good strong conservative by sending $$ to the campaign and therefore keeping that person in the race. Bucks help for sure.

    Outside of a dog, a book is a man’s best friend. Inside of a dog, it’s too dark to read. - Groucho Marx
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 26,183 Senior Member
    I'd prefer them on the same day.

    I would, too, but we're stuck with the mess as it is.
    If the U.S. Congress was put in charge of the Sahara Desert, there would be a shortage of sand in under six months.



  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 21,921 Senior Member
    CaliFFL wrote: »
    So you are saying that you will knowingly and happily vote for mediocrity, liberals, and apologetic whiners in the general election simply because of the party that helped run their campaign?

    That's called blind devotion. It's worse than low information voters, because you should know better.

    No HELL NO!!! You miss the point totally! When you DON't show up and when you vote for No Hope Joe, YOU just voted for WORSE than mediocrity. Because when you let an Obama win he is not Mediocre. He's the best of his kind, a blooming leftist that doesn't leave a stone unturned in pushing his liberal socialist agenda and taking your rights away.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
Sign In or Register to comment.
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Guns & Ammo stories delivered right to your inbox every week.