NRA style blog?

alphasigmookiealphasigmookie Senior MemberPosts: 8,773 Senior Member
Really? NRA trying to be GQ? No thanks...

http://nrasharp.com/
"Finding out that you have run out of toilet paper is a good example of lack of preparation, buying 10 years worth is silly"
-DoctorWho

Replies

• tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 26,180 Senior Member
    I'm wondering who the target audience is that they are trying to reach. Can't be the old geezers like me, nor the people in your age group, nor the middle aged. Must be the segment of the 16 to 25 group that has the attention span of a gnat.
    If the U.S. Congress was put in charge of the Sahara Desert, there would be a shortage of sand in under six months.

• Pelagic KayakerPelagic Kayaker Banned Posts: 1,503 Senior Member
    I agree. The NRA should go back to the beer drinking overweight white trash redneck stereotype and distance themselves from new membership. I can't believe those morons want to reach ALL future American gun owners. Those Jerks! Jeez, next thing ya know they're gonna try and teach the Constitution to kids.
    "The reflection upon my situation and that of this army produces many an uneasy hour when all around me are wrapped in sleep. Few people know the predicament we are in" ~General George Washington, January 14, 1776
  • olesniperolesniper Senior Member Posts: 3,763 Senior Member
    Looks like it might be a interes...........SQUIRREL!!
    Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
    I will fear no evil: For I carry a .308 and not a .270
  • alphasigmookiealphasigmookie Senior Member Posts: 8,773 Senior Member
    I agree. The NRA should go back to the beer drinking overweight white trash redneck stereotype and distance themselves from new membership. I can't believe those morons want to reach ALL future American gun owners. Those Jerks! Jeez, next thing ya know they're gonna try and teach the Constitution to kids.

I have nothing against the NRA reaching out to other audiences, I advocate for that all the time (being a "non-traditional" gun owner myself). This attempt just falls flat on its face. Kinda like an uncool dad trying to be hip around his teenage kid and their friends.
    "Finding out that you have run out of toilet paper is a good example of lack of preparation, buying 10 years worth is silly"
    -DoctorWho
  • olesniperolesniper Senior Member Posts: 3,763 Senior Member
    Looks a little like this magazine I saw at Sam's Club.

http://gardenandgun.com/
    Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
    I will fear no evil: For I carry a .308 and not a .270
  • bobbyrlf3bobbyrlf3 Senior Member Posts: 2,467 Senior Member
    Didn't seem so bad to me.............but, I'm optimistic to a fault.
    Knowledge is essential to living freely and fully; understanding gives knowledge purpose and strength; wisdom is combining the two and applying them appropriately in words and actions.