Its that time of year again........Isle of Man TT racing.

orchidmanorchidman Senior MemberPosts: 7,731 Senior Member
You don't have to be crazy to ride in the TT races...........but I guess it helps............that and having a pair that you carry around in a wheel barrow!

Don't know if any of you M/C riders out there follow the races but I do...........

I think have posted this up before but here it is again............a Lap with Michael Dunlop on a 600cc Honda from last years races. .
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YWZG1nhgwgg

This year he is riding BMW's. Its the 75th anniversary of BMW winning the Isle of Man . Just watched a doco of Michael talking about how he wants to repeat the win for BMW and give them the trophy.

Hope all the riders stay safe.
Still enjoying the trip of a lifetime and making the best of what I have.....

Replies

• CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 10,940 Senior Member
    One of the coolest posters I had hanging on my wall as a teenager was a bike poster of some Isle Of Man racers my mom picked up for me while she was over visiting.
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • Gene LGene L Senior Member Posts: 10,251 Senior Member
    I'm sure Teach will enjoy this. :)
    Not too many problems you can't fix
    With a 1911 and a 30-06
  • shushshush Senior Member Posts: 6,259 Senior Member
    Hard work for the bobby's.

cjp wrote: »..... Oh dear God, I've admitted to liking something Limey.I'll never hear the end of this.

Jayhawker wrote: »...But seriously Shush....

Big Chief wrote: ».........walking around with a greasy butt ain't no fun, though!

• SlanteyedshootistSlanteyedshootist Senior Member Posts: 3,947 Senior Member
    I miss Joey Dunlop. RIP
    The answer to 1984 is 1776
  • Farm Boy DeuceFarm Boy Deuce Senior Member Posts: 6,083 Senior Member
    Those dudes are nuts. Absolutely insane. I almost got motion sick watching the video Alec posted.

On second thought the beer and ice cream for desert may have been a factor.
    I am afraid we forget sometime that the basic and simple things brings us the most pleasure.
    Dad 5-31-13
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 26,106 Senior Member
    I watched a couple of the races over the years. Those guys go crazy fast.
    If the U.S. Congress was put in charge of the Sahara Desert, there would be a shortage of sand in under six months.

• jaywaptijaywapti Senior Member Posts: 4,526 Senior Member
    I was a big fan of the race when they used Nortons, Vincent, Norvins, & a 6 cyl bike called the Gileara ( spelling)

JAY
    THE DEFINITION OF GUN CONTROL IS HITTING THE TARGET WITH YOUR FIRST SHOT
  • Fat BillyFat Billy Senior Member Posts: 1,813 Senior Member
    Joey's gone but his Nephew is rocking. First win for BMW in 75 years. Won by over 20 seconds. :up: Later,
    Fat Billy

Recoil is how you know primer ignition is complete.
  • JasonMPDJasonMPD Senior Member Posts: 6,104 Senior Member
    orchidman wrote: »
    You don't have to be crazy to ride in the TT races...........but I guess it helps............that and having a pair that you carry around in a wheel barrow!

Don't know if any of you M/C riders out there follow the races but I do...........

I think have posted this up before but here it is again............a Lap with Michael Dunlop on a 600cc Honda from last years races. .
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YWZG1nhgwgg

This year he is riding BMW's. Its the 75th anniversary of BMW winning the Isle of Man . Just watched a doco of Michael talking about how he wants to repeat the win for BMW and give them the trophy.

Hope all the riders stay safe.

Motorcycle racing is an addiction of mine. Only done a couple track days personally, but I watch MotoGP, AMA superbike and I live Isle of Man TT!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk
    “There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.” – Will Rogers