Speaking of .410s, new Hornady Flex Tip ammo with .41 cal bullet and two balls

2»

Replies

• topguntopgun Member Posts: 128 Member
    Big Chief wrote: »
    This may be the best option out there for those .410/.45 Colt revolvers, best of both worlds.

http://www.hornady.com/store/410-Critical-Defense-Ammo/

I think Hornady would be better served if they just used the flex-tip projectile with a maximum load of powder to push it.
  • BigslugBigslug Senior Member Posts: 6,945 Senior Member
    Maybe we should rename the Judge "The Barnumator", or possibly "The Minute Gun", to be sold to those suckers that were born every minute.
    WWJMBD?

"Nothing is safe from stupid." - Zee
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,982 Senior Member
    Bigslug wrote: »
    Maybe we should rename the Judge "The Barnumator", or possibly "The Minute Gun", to be sold to those suckers that were born every minute.

I think the upside of "Judge" type revolvers is some folks who would have never bought a handgun bought one. I talked to more than a few who didn't own any other firearm, excpet maybe a shotgun or a rifle of some kind.

I bite my lip though (sometimes), when they start talking the Gun Shop guy behind the counter nonsense about how effective/devastating the .410 is from a handgun. About all I can say is practice and buy the best ammo out there for one.
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,261 Senior Member
    I wonder if a Judge would survive a few of my .45 Colt 300 grain T-Rex loads?
    Jerry
    Hide and wail in terror, Eloi- - - -We Morlocks are on the hunt!
    ASK-HOLE Someone who asks for advice and always does something opposite
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 25,774 Senior Member
    Teach wrote: »
    Jerry

:spittingcoffee: I suspect those you load would strain the milk of a Judge pretty thin! :rotflmao:
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

• topguntopgun Member Posts: 128 Member
    Jermanator wrote: »
    What better to shoot in a stupid gimmick gun than stupid gimmick ammo!

LOL.

Be careful though, the truth hurts.
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 23,898 Senior Member
    Teach wrote: »
    Jerry
    No, and I would not shoot them in your gun

but then I am a wuss
    A Veteran is someone that served in the Military, it does not matter where they served.
  • twatwa Senior Member Posts: 2,231 Senior Member
    I have one and while it is rough in places in "quality" it is a fun gun to shoot with .410 shotshells. A blast to shoot mice in the pole barn and I imagine it would be a great gun to carry in snake country. I personally haven't had any problems with it. Gimmick? Maybe, and a bunch of people buy them for the wrong reason (self denfense). But what is not fun about shooting a handgun that shoots shotgun shells?
2»