357 sig, 45 grs @2500+ fps. factory load

gaimangaiman BannedPosts: 60 Member
and magsafe velocities prove out on the chronograph. That is a must, since it's their claim to fame. :-)

http://magsafeonline.com/prices_specs.php

I am NOT in favor of bullets made of glue/birdshot. I am just showing that such speeds are feasible to attain (safely) and are controllable in ccw pistols. The bullet should be a solid copper or solid aluminum hp. A large, deep, conical-shaped hollowbase cavity will add considerably more velocity, too. That was proven by the THV Arcane ammo.

So those claiming that rifle type velocities cant be had from ccw pistols are simply ignorant of the facts. It can be done, but such ammo pierces Kevlar vests. THAT'S why it's not readily available, not that it doesn't work just fine on men, aint reliable thru autos

Replies

• NNNN Senior Member Posts: 23,987 Senior Member
    I suspect aluminum bullets will be right abrasive to the barrel
    A Veteran is someone that served in the Military, it does not matter where they served.
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 15,212 Senior Member
    Not now, and never have been a fan of super light, fast bullets in handguns...that's just me..I've seen all the videos claiming they are the next best thing to sliced bread and I still ain't buying it....but hey, if that's what floats your boat...go for it...
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
  • BigslugBigslug Senior Member Posts: 7,099 Senior Member
    Well heck! Figure out a way to mount a 25x Leupold on a Sig P226 and Linefinder's got his next prairie dog rig! These ping-pong balls certainly can't be intended for PEOPLE!:wink:
    WWJMBD?

"Nothing is safe from stupid." - Zee
  • KENFU1911KENFU1911 Senior Member Posts: 1,052 Senior Member
    I want some....and a long Slide 1911...Fine notch rear sight....McGivern gold bead front.could be a fun P-Dog gun around these parts...........oh and Jacks too.......Ken
    My idea of a warning shot is when the 2nd bad guy watches his 1st buddy go down....
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 19,018 Senior Member
    Ever seen a car after being hit by an 18 wheeler at 40 MPH? How about a bumble bee doing 80 (or hit by a car moving that fast)?

Sure, light and fast shows massive amounts of "energy" due to the fact that the formula for figuring foot pounds of energy (FPE)squares the velocity.

Doesn't mean squat once you move from the hypothetical into the real world.

In the hypothetical world my 30-06 has over twice the FPE as my 50 Beowulf.

In the real world, with similar ranges and shot placements, MOST things I shoot with the 30-06 make it 20-40 yards before they die, and nothing I've shot with the "less powerful" 50 'wulf has made it more than 1 step/jump.
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• gaimangaiman Banned Posts: 60 Member
    what do you want? I gave you the link to MS's webpage. anyone can melt the lead out of ball ammo, replace it with epoxy, and work up loads with Bullseye, using a chronograph. Only takes a couple of hours to prove it to YOURSELF. 2200 fps is 1400+ mph, not 80 mph, and bees don't weight 45 grs, and you aint as tough to penetrate as a windshield. I can take rounded pointe 3/8" drill rod,and just LEAN on it, centered between your ribs and it will go all the way thru you.

So who says you have to shoot lots of the duty load thru the gun, hmm? I'd put valve grinding compound on my hi-v bullets, if I could get ANOTHER increase in performance of the % that I got by using the 2200 fps loads(as vs "normal" ammo).

All it takes to see the difference, guys, is shoot afew critters with the CCI 32 gr .22 mag hp (from a rifle) and some more with regular 40 gr .22lr "solids", from a rifle. The 22lr has 25% more bullet weight, same diameter, and the .22 mag load has "only" in increase of 10000 fps of speed, but the difference in performance is AMAZING. Regular .22's, chest hits, from a rifle, no hp, nearly always let feral dogs run off, the CCI Mag rimfire hp's dump them hard, most of the time.

.45 ball has a pathetic 350 ft lbs of power. A 70 gr , 2300 fps .45 load, tho, has 800 ft lbs of power and when you shoot critters with each, you can see the difference in performance, almost with your eyes shut. The reason such loads are not commercially available is that they pierce Kevlar vests. Anybody can get an 18 layer test swatch from Second Chance or Point Blank, etc, and prove that to themselves.

anybody can shot a few dozen critters with .45 ball, as I did, and be shocked at what you see. Most of them will run off with chest hits. Shoot them with 70 gr 223sps, out where the bullets have slowed down to 2300 fps (ie, 200 yd or less) and you'll see MUCH better performance than you'll see with .45 ball at 10 yds. the latter has just had tens of millions of LIES told about it, that's all.
    I believe what he's wanting proof of is their ability to defeat a kevlar vest.

BTW, Magsafe ammo isn't know for "great" penetration in flesh or ballistics gelatin, so, I also strongly doubt their ability to defeat a level III-A vest myself
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• NNNN Senior Member Posts: 23,987 Senior Member
    I was talking to a Base Game Warden, he was telling me about some frangible 45 gr .40 S&W ammo they had.

He went to shoot some and the first shot splattered something in his face and the next rnd did not go into battery.

Upon inspection he found that the first bullet was still in the barrel close enough to the chamber to cause the next rnd to
    not let the slide close.

That was enough for him with that ammo, he thinks that if the slide had gone into battery he would have shot another rnd
    into the jammed up barrel.
    A Veteran is someone that served in the Military, it does not matter where they served.
  • gaimangaiman Banned Posts: 60 Member
    you don't even know the difference between jello and Kevlar, eh? it takes fluids to expand-break apart jhp's (and frags) as happens in jello/flesh/water. Kevlar has no fluids, and BESIDES, can you READ? I said I did NOT recommend bullets made out of glue or birdshot. I just used their VELOCITY as an example of what can be had, and then said a solid aluminum (or copper) jhp is the way to go. Actually, there's an additional (very significant0 improvement that I developed for my jhp ammo, but I'm not going to reveal it until the provisional patent is awarded. :-) that can take up to a year. a REAL patent takes 3 years and $5000, and often is not really much in the way of protection. Once you get the provo patent, you have 1 year in which to get the "real" patent, or your idea becomes public property.
  • ZeeZee Senior Member Posts: 20,778 Senior Member
    With baited breath............for sure.
    "To Hell with efficiency, it's performance we want!" - Elmer Keith
    gaiman wrote: »
    you don't even know the difference between jello and Kevlar, eh? it takes fluids to expand-break apart jhp's (and frags) as happens in jello/flesh/water. Kevlar has no fluids, and BESIDES, can you READ? I said I did NOT recommend bullets made out of glue or birdshot. I just used their VELOCITY as an example of what can be had, and then said a solid aluminum (or copper) jhp is the way to go. Actually, there's an additional (very significant0 improvement that I developed for my jhp ammo, but I'm not going to reveal it until the provisional patent is awarded. :-) that can take up to a year. a REAL patent takes 3 years and $5000, and often is not really much in the way of protection. Once you get the provo patent, you have 1 year in which to get the "real" patent, or your idea becomes public property.
    Just as I thought, nothing to back up your bogus claims. just more :blah:

I guess you believe in the old axiom, "If you can't blind them with brilliance, baffle them with bsflag.gif

Bs.gif

BTW, solid copper HPs are OLD news (Barnes, C.O.P, and MagTech to name 3 manufacturers of them), and due to their increased bearing surface due to their lower density than lead, they're not known for smoking fast velocitites, OR penetrating kevlar

And ALUMINUM... 24.gif

• KENFU1911KENFU1911 Senior Member Posts: 1,052 Senior Member
    Actually, there's an additional (very significant0 improvement that I developed for my jhp ammo, but I'm not going to reveal it until the provisional patent is awarded. :-)

Think I saw it........Jaws....or was it DEATH WISH......maybe both......cute trick.................Ken
    My idea of a warning shot is when the 2nd bad guy watches his 1st buddy go down....
  • JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 15,351 Senior Member
    A solid aluminum jacketed hollow point? So aluminum is jacketed around aluminum?
  • USUFBUSUFB Senior Member Posts: 830 Senior Member

I have $5000. Let's get this patented and become millionaires, then laugh at everybody here who doubted us. IM me. Let's get this started!
    Sometimes, I lie awake in bed at night wondering "Why the heck can't I fall asleep?"
    NRA Life Member
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 26,188 Senior Member

All it takes to see the difference, guys, is shoot afew critters with the CCI 32 gr .22 mag hp (from a rifle) and some more with regular 40 gr .22lr "solids", from a rifle. The 22lr has 25% more bullet weight, same diameter, and the .22 mag load has "only" in increase of 10000 fps of speed, but the difference in performance is AMAZING. Regular .22's, chest hits, from a rifle, no hp, nearly always let feral dogs run off, the CCI Mag rimfire hp's dump them hard, most of the time.

Math fail. 32 grains is 80% of 40 grains. And I want some of that 10000+ fps .22 mag. HP ammo. Name the supplier of this fantasy ammunition.
    If the U.S. Congress was put in charge of the Sahara Desert, there would be a shortage of sand in under six months.

• ZeeZee Senior Member Posts: 20,778 Senior Member
    10,000 fps .22 ammo??!!!!

Sweet!!!!!
    "To Hell with efficiency, it's performance we want!" - Elmer Keith
  • breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 13,195 Senior Member
    10,000 fps = 6818.18 mph.

Which is Mach 8.96.

So much win!
    Overkill is underrated.
  • KSU FirefighterKSU Firefighter Senior Member Posts: 3,246 Senior Member
    Boy, think of the barrel life with 10,000 fps .22 ammo. One, maybe two shots? I really think this guy is Gecko45 incognito!
    The fire service needs a "culture of extinguishment not safety" Ray McCormack FDNY