Home Main Category Hunting

Duck... Duck...

JermanatorJermanator Senior MemberPosts: 16,244 Senior Member
New GOOSE gun!!!

A Marlin Goose Gun to be precise. I have wanted one for some time. I may even take it out and shoot some Canadians this fall. I took a photo of it by the door to give you some sort of idea on how cartoonishly long this thing is. It measures 57" from butt to muzzle....
20140603_005644_zps269561c6.jpg
It is a crappy photo, but you will get over it. Those guns aren't lookers anyway. And since I got it out of layaway today, a new one had to go in to replace it. I have always wanted a 10 gauge and I have always wanted a side by side. This is a Spanish "Mercury G-1032" which means 10ga and 32" barrels. Both barrels are full choke. I am betting that the G may stand for "goose". This one should be another fun one to play with...
20140602_161847_zpsac01574c.jpg

Michigan's early goose season starts in September. I am already excited!
Reason obeys itself; and ignorance submits to whatever is dictated to it.
-Thomas Paine

Replies

• orchidmanorchidman Senior Member Posts: 8,365 Senior Member
    Jermanator wrote: »
    New GOOSE gun!!!

I may even take it out and shoot some Canadians this fall............................................................ I am already excited!

I wonder how the Canadians feel about this.?

Hopefully you meant that you are going to take it out and shoot some Canada's..............:devil:

I have always had a hankering to have a Marlin goose gun in the cabinet......no particular reason, but it is something that just appeals to me.
    Still enjoying the trip of a lifetime and making the best of what I have.....
  • Fat BillyFat Billy Senior Member Posts: 1,813 Senior Member
    Joe Biden's choice for home defense and no recoil I bet. Good hunting. Poor ducks! :punch: Later,
    Fat Billy

Recoil is how you know primer ignition is complete.
  • JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 16,244 Senior Member
    orchidman wrote: »
    Hopefully you meant that you are going to take it out and shoot some Canada's..............:devil:
    Ay? The border is just an hour away from here. Last I knew, there was only one Canada. We call those geese Canadians!
    -Thomas Paine
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,457 Senior Member
    I like them both! Good for duck and goose hunting. That double has double triggers so watch out the 'birdie' finger doesn't wander around and find that rear trigger when you're shooting. A double from a 10 ga. double could make you say stuff! :rotflmao:
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
  • PFDPFD Senior Member Posts: 1,738 Senior Member
    New GOOSE gun!!!

A Marlin Goose Gun to be precise. I have wanted one for some time. I may even take it out and shoot some Canadians this fall. I took a photo of it by the door to give you some sort of idea on how cartoonishly long this thing is. It measures 57" from butt to muzzle....
    20140603_005644_zps269561c6.jpg
    It is a crappy photo, but you will get over it.

Think of all the money you'll save on shells.

You should be able to just poke them out of the sky with the muzzle! :tooth:
    That's all I got.

Paul
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 18,147 Senior Member
    The bird is a Canada Goose....
    A Canadian Goose is something you get when you bend over in Montreal...

That being said...I had a 3 1/2"10 gauge Spanish Double (Zabala) like that for many years....hard on the shoulder, but deadly on waterfowl...Nothing a P.A.S.T. pad won't fix...
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,428 Senior Member
    Here ya go:

MetroGunSystem21.jpg

The Hastings "metro" barrel extension- - - -a 48" long screw-in choke tube!
    Jerry
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 12,197 Senior Member
    Jerry must be feeling much better and enjoying his recoup time. Glad to see it!!!

Jerm if you get that extension you just gotta bring it to next years shoot LOL
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 22,429 Senior Member
    tennmike wrote: »
    I like them both! Good for duck and goose hunting. That double has double triggers so watch out the 'birdie' finger doesn't wander around and find that rear trigger when you're shooting. A double from a 10 ga. double could make you say stuff! :rotflmao:

Yeah! I've done it with a 12 ga. and it'll make you see Jesus!
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 25,146 Senior Member
    tennmike wrote: »
    I had both barrels of a 10 ga go off once and that was enough.
    Teach wrote: »
    Don't tempt me!
    -Thomas Paine
  • bhl2506bhl2506 Senior Member Posts: 2,030 Senior Member
    Hear ya go Jerminator!! Enable mode on!! :jester:

http://www.hastingsdistribution.com/index.php?l=product_list&c=32
    Refusing to conform to the left wing mantra of political correctness by insisting on telling the truth does not make you a loud mouth.
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,457 Senior Member
    Don't tempt me!

Get it!Get it!Get it!Get it!Get it!Get it!Get it! You know you want it! :tooth:
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
  • ZeeZee Senior Member Posts: 27,578 Senior Member
    I like them both.
    "To Hell with efficiency, it's performance we want!" - Elmer Keith
    Now, load that 10ga when you get it..............turn on the video camera............and pull both triggers on a buckshot load.

Post the video.
    We used to have a member here that was dumb enough to do that kind of stuff. You probably would have got along with him pretty well.
    -Thomas Paine
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 12,197 Senior Member
    Don't tempt me!

Dude you know you "NEED" IT!
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
    Diver43 wrote: »
    Dude you know you "NEED" IT!
    Well yea! How else would I be allowed to to exterminate them on golf courses?
    -Thomas Paine
    We used to have a member here that was dumb enough to do that kind of stuff. You probably would have got along with him pretty well.

Probably.
  • artart New Member Posts: 21 New Member
    Zee wrote: »
    Now, load that 10ga when you get it..............turn on the video camera............and pull both triggers on a buckshot load.
    Post the video.
    Probably never killed anybody....
    Had on old navy arms magnum 12x12 loaded up hot....and it doubled.....ripped off the ramrod retainer...
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 25,146 Senior Member
  • Six-GunSix-Gun Senior Member Posts: 8,155 Senior Member
    Very cool selections, Jerm. The goose gun is definitely a great conversation piece as well as an assuredly capable waterfowl gun. I've never used a 10GA afield, but it seem like another cool niche gun to own in a double-barrel rig.
    Here ya go:

MetroGunSystem21.jpg

Jerry
    Just put a bayonet on it and you remove the need to ever pull the trigger!
    Accuracy: because white space between bullet holes drives me insane.
    I was stuck in bed with a bad back all last week. Now I am at that place again. Sigh. And no, I haven't heard crap from Colt either.
    -Thomas Paine
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 14,293 Senior Member
    Probably.

Nah, you own a Savage, HE never would:)
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 14,293 Senior Member
    Here ya go:

MetroGunSystem21.jpg

Jerry

I keep trying to get my cousin to get one of these for the buck in his backyard in the middle of a Minneapolis suburb, he is afraid it will stumble into the neighbors yard.
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • KENFU1911KENFU1911 Senior Member Posts: 1,052 Senior Member
    Very cool.....always wanted one of those....no idea why,,,,,,,,,just a damn that things weird....I want....same with the SxS.......but if I found a SxS in 10 Ga..........Ii would cost me a Tax Stamp..............Ken
    My honest to goodness strategy for finding a Marlin Goose Gun at the LGS's? Scan the used rack. If one barrel sticks up waaaaaaaay above the rest, it is most likely a Goose Gun. There are lots of old shotguns out there with 36" barrels, but that bolt action makes them really freaking long. They stick out like a sore thumb.
    -Thomas Paine
  • bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 12,088 Senior Member
    Wambli Ska wrote: »
    My only experience with 10 ga was rather painful :tooth:

I have 2. Ithaca Roadblocker- Not bad, very cool. H&R Single Shot sawed off to 18"- Awful. Painful. Uncool.

BTW, one of those Bolt Action Marlin 12Ga shotguns was the first gun I ever fired at the age of 7. I want to get one again. Nice score.
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
  • MississippiBoyMississippiBoy Senior Member Posts: 819 Senior Member
    bullsi1911 wrote: »
    H&R Single Shot sawed off to 18"- Awful. Painful. Uncool.

My shoulder started aching when I read that. Single shot, 18" barrel, 10 gauge? Do your ears start bleeding when you shoot it?
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 22,429 Senior Member

Post the video.
    Yeah from the hospital, :yikes: :bang: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.