NRA says Open Carry Texas demonstrations 'downright scary'

2»

Replies

• samzheresamzhere Banned Posts: 10,923 Senior Member
    JasonMPD wrote: »
    Not always so. Normally "responsible" people perpetrate violent crimes when inebriated--happens all the time. Some people are angry drunks or easily provoked when intoxicated.

That's why a bar is referred to as a "place of nuisance" under Florida's verbiage. They've erred on the side of caution for those reasons.

Is it a 2A infringement? Speculative, but not well discussed.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

Oh, I clearly see the potential problems with CCW in a tavern. It's just that going to and from such places is the most hazard and you're essentially unprotected. I simply wish the law were different, as it is in some states where CCW in a bar is okay.

Sent from my trusty HP Pavilion laptop using Sprint 4G

Outside of a dog, a book is a man’s best friend. Inside of a dog, it’s too dark to read. - Groucho Marx
  • BigslugBigslug Senior Member Posts: 7,156 Senior Member
    bullsi1911 wrote: »
    They should organize marches on Congress Ave here in Austin with everyone in cowboy gear and carrying a brace of cap and ball revolvers. Make it a true protest, and not some attention-whoreing goat rodeo.

Funny. . .I always thought protests WERE attention-whoring goat rodeos. In fact, I would call a protest in front of Congress one attention-whoring goat rodeo in front of another. Heck, bring in a counter-protest and call it a three-ring circus.

I get the point of the open carry crowd - they're trying to bring the "300 million legally-owned firearms killed absolutely NOBODY today" angle into clearer public focus, but they certainly do seem to lack a certain sense of judgement on the matter.
    WWJMBD?

"Nothing is safe from stupid." - Zee
  • CaliFFLCaliFFL Senior Member Posts: 4,908 Senior Member
    When unloaded open carry was the trend in California, the legislature responded by outlawing open carry.
    These guys are trying to provoke the Texas legislature into pulling the same thing. If Texas proposes to outlaw open carry, (which I highly doubt) then we see how pro-gun the Lone Star state really is. If Texas does not outlaw OC, these guys will continue to carry rifles and those of you that are so offended will become bored with their antics and point your righteous indignation at something else.

The Texas OC crowd has played this well. There is really nothing anyone can do except complain. Or possibly support an anti-gun proposal.
    The question isn't who is going to let me; it's who is going to stop me.

Ayn Rand
  • JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 15,392 Senior Member
    I just can't believe that you Texans don't have open carry for handguns. What kind of anti-gun libtard state is it? Why don't you folks come on up and live where there is freedom? Like Detroit, and the rest of Michigan.
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    Jermanator wrote: »
    I just can't believe that you Texans don't have open carry for handguns. What kind of anti-gun libtard state is it? Why don't you folks come on up and live where there is freedom? Like Detroit, and the rest of Michigan.

I think they should sell Detroit to the Chinese real estate investors so they can do a "Flip This City" makeover on that cesspool. :jester:
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!