Home Main Category Hunting

40 yard shots, barns, dehorned bulls and Gaiman

2»

Replies

• snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 22,429 Senior Member
    jaywapti wrote: »
    I have always considered myself to be an excellent marksman, but in my wildest dreams I would never have attempted a shot like that.

JAY

Next time he needs to try it from the inside...:tooth:
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 24,750 Senior Member
    bisley wrote: »
    You are an example to all of us who remain untested. I'm finally able to admit that I have referred to others, many times, as not being able to 'hit the broad side of a barn,' without ever having proved that I could do it, myself.
    It helps if you're inside the barn.
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
    )O(
  • BigslugBigslug Senior Member Posts: 8,894 Senior Member
    JerryBobCo wrote: »
    I didn't own a .223, but I did have a .222. Since there is only 1 number difference between the two, I figure the .222 must be almost as good as the .223. So, I chose to use my .222 for this venture. . .

Now, for the rest of the story. Some time after my adventure, I heard that the bull was in the barn, and had been cornered by a mama barn cat. . . About the time she was ready to tear him a new one, a bullet came out of nowhere and creased her skull, leaving a bald strip on the top of her head.

You know, it's a good thing you were using that .222. The extra diameter of a .223 would have vaporized that poor cat's noggin for sure. Anything with a .224 bullet probably would have taken down the entire structure.
    WWJMBD?

"Nothing is safe from stupid." - Zee
  • pjames777pjames777 Senior Member Posts: 1,421 Senior Member
    Well why wouldn't the bull become timid? He wasn't horny anymore!
    :cool2:
  • KSU FirefighterKSU Firefighter Senior Member Posts: 3,249 Senior Member
    pjames777 wrote: »
    Well why wouldn't the bull become timid? He wasn't horny anymore!
    :cool2:

Just so you don't start making comments about the bald cat.

P.S. Been a little busy what finally brought down the ban hammer on Gaiman?
    The fire service needs a "culture of extinguishment not safety" Ray McCormack FDNY
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 22,429 Senior Member
    Bigslug wrote: »
    You know, it's a good thing you were using that .222. The extra diameter of a .223 would have vaporized that poor cat's noggin for sure. Anything with a .224 bullet probably would have taken down the entire structure.
    All this to say nothing of the carnage that would been caused by a .225 Winchester.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • olesniperolesniper Senior Member Posts: 3,763 Senior Member
    JerryBobCo wrote: »
    Next time I'll use fewer long words and shorter sentences. :wink:

And pictures..............pictures would really sell it. Miss Mary paints some purty barns.
    Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
    I will fear no evil: For I carry a .308 and not a .270
  • JerryBobCoJerryBobCo Senior Member Posts: 8,227 Senior Member
    Bigslug wrote: »

So I may have saved a mama barn cat's life? That is very comforting to know.
    Jerry

Gun control laws make about as much sense as taking ex-lax to cure a cough.