More "good work" (not) by the OC crowd

knitepoetknitepoet Senior MemberPosts: 18,732 Senior Member
http://benswann.com/exclusive-more-businesses-tell-gun-owners-to-leave-guns-at-home/#ixzz33s0s9X32

They keep pushing the issue, turning more folks against the "cause" of the 2A and alienating more "sheeple" :silly:
Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

Replies

• Pelagic KayakerPelagic Kayaker Banned Posts: 1,503 Senior Member
    knitepoet wrote: »

They keep pushing the issue, turning more folks against the "cause" of the 2A and alienating more "sheeple" :silly:

That's the plan and people are falling for it hook, line and sinker. Why do you think the media has been covering this day after day? There are better ways to support the Constitution such as voting, attending City Hall meetings, writing (pen and paper) one's elected officials, joining the NRA or other pro-gun organizations etc... I'm willing to bet that many of these so-called demonstrators are in fact part of the anti-gun movement. If you see one ask them to show their NRA membership. Chances are they can't produce.
    "The reflection upon my situation and that of this army produces many an uneasy hour when all around me are wrapped in sleep. Few people know the predicament we are in" ~General George Washington, January 14, 1776
  • CaliFFLCaliFFL Senior Member Posts: 4,627 Senior Member
    If businesses do not want OC in their establishmants, fine. That is what capitalism is all about. If Texas pols want to ban OC, then that is a different issue.

If some of you took the time to educate yourselves instead of whining about these 2A supporters, you'd know that they are not anti-gun. Like it or not, THEY are actually doing something for their cause. None of you are walking around exercising a "shall not be infringed" right. You guys are satisified with hiding the 2A under your clothes.

Write a letter, vote, hammer away at your keybord, join the NRA, are easy acts. Getting off your butt and making a stand publically? Yeah, not so much.

Reading is fundamental.
    Joshua Cook: “What are you trying to accomplish?”

Tov Henderson: “In the state of Texas, we have a peculiar set of laws that allow for an individual to open carry a long gun or a pre-1899 black powder pistol, but not a handgun. In other words, it is perfect okay to sling an AR-15 over your should while you in public, but openly holstering a Glock would make you a criminal. Not only is the concept itself absurd, but it is especially so when you consider the fact that 44 other states already allow some form of open carry handgun.”

“Being that Texas has always held the reputation of being the most gun friendly state in the nation, it almost comical when you consider the reality of how far behind our state actually is on gun rights. Furthermore, we’re not asking for something that is alien, we’re asking for something that is actually the norm in the vast majority of states in this country. What’s the hold up?”

Joshua Cook: “Is your campaign successful?”

Tov Henderson: “We’ve had a great deal of success in our campaign to achieve open carry legislation in the state of Texas. We recently received something we never had before; a committee hearing in Austin that was especially created for us, and occurred as a direct result of what we do every week all across the state.”

“For the first time ever, open carry handgun is a serious topic, and that topic is receiving international attention.”

“Plus, everywhere we do our open carry walks, there is a vast outpouring of support from those we meet. Texans all across the state are showing their support, and looking forward to having the option of open carrying their handgun when they choose to do so.”

“Texans understand that the words, “shall not be infringed”, form a clear statement, and that the government has no Constitutional authority to limit our right to bear arms as we see fit. And we want the legal option to openly bear our handguns as is already clearly permitted by the 2nd Amendment.”
    The question isn't who is going to let me; it's who is going to stop me.

Ayn Rand
    CaliFFL wrote: »
    If businesses do not want OC in their establishmants, fine. That is what capitalism is all about. If Texas pols want to ban OC, then that is a different issue.

If some of you took the time to educate yourselves instead of whining about these 2A supporters, you'd know that they are not anti-gun. Like it or not, THEY are actually doing something for their cause. None of you are walking around exercising a "shall not be infringed" right. You guys are satisified with hiding the 2A under your clothes.

Write a letter, vote, hammer away at your keybord, join the NRA, are easy acts. Getting off your butt and making a stand publically? Yeah, not so much.

Reading is fundamental.

Sorry, ain't buying it Cali. Walking around town with a rifle slung across ones back just to create a scene isn't supporting the Constitution.

This is how we make a difference ...and it works.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_-N9_tnWBo
    "The reflection upon my situation and that of this army produces many an uneasy hour when all around me are wrapped in sleep. Few people know the predicament we are in" ~General George Washington, January 14, 1776
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 25,957 Senior Member
    I don't have a problem with them open carrying rifles/shotguns/cap 'n' ball pistols to make a statement. The problem lies in them swarming businesses and disrupting said business. The business is there to make money; they are decidedly NOT there for a place for the open carry protesters to congregate and cause paying customers to vacate the businesses. Their rights end at the other side of the door if the business does not want them coming in and disrupting the operation. Even a business owner sympathetic to their cause cannot stand the loss of business some of these protesters are causing.

Want to make a statement? Go to the capital en masse and lobby the legislators for a change in the law. Starbucks doesn't make the laws; the legislature does.
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

• BufordBuford Senior Member Posts: 6,655 Senior Member
    tennmike wrote: »
    I don't have a problem with them open carrying rifles/shotguns/cap 'n' ball pistols to make a statement. The problem lies in them swarming businesses and disrupting said business. The business is there to make money; they are decidedly NOT there for a place for the open carry protesters to congregate and cause paying customers to vacate the businesses. Their rights end at the other side of the door if the business does not want them coming in and disrupting the operation. Even a business owner sympathetic to their cause cannot stand the loss of business some of these protesters are causing.

Want to make a statement? Go to the capital en masse and lobby the legislators for a change in the law. Starbucks doesn't make the laws; the legislature does.

:that::that:
    Just look at the flowers Lizzie, just look at the flowers.
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 23,939 Senior Member
    CaliFFL wrote: »

Reading is fundamental.
    Thanks for the tip; but, do you really think I and others here are not doing such things just because we haven't asked for someone to pat us on the back.
    A Veteran is someone that served in the Military, it does not matter where they served.
  • bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 9,684 Senior Member
    Ever notice that there is ALWAYS an SKS in these shenanigans?
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
  • FlashoverFlashover Member Posts: 388 Member
    bullsi1911 wrote: »
    Ever notice that there is ALWAYS an SKS in these shenanigans?

or an AR or an AK..you never ever see a bolt rifle or a lever like a win 94 or marlin...nothing cept the tactical crowd.
    since you want to take exception to what I said I will explain myself

1/ They claim to represent the average firearm owner of the United States. Well, unlike the members of this board, the average gun owner in the United States owns the same style of guns their grandfather or fathers used. Bolt action rifles..double barrel shotguns etc. If they expect the firearm owning community to support their cause they have to get that group of uninformed/casual firearm owners to relate to them and include them.

2/ They are trying to make a point to an UNIFORMED/Media brainwashed public by openly carrying a "style" of weapon those people have been trained to fear and hate. If they truly wanted to make a point in regards to actual open carry, that is the exact opposite way to do it because it does nothing but reinforces peoples fears and plays directly into what the left has pounded into their heads. Once again, the point is to create a relationship with a group to gain support. Causing people fear or discomfort using an object they have had punded into their heads to hate is not the way.

3/ Lets be honest here, there is a time and place for everything and slinging a rifle over your shoulder while getting your coffee or buying a burger just isn't it. A more appropriate thing would be to carry a pistol on your hip, quietly and not draw attention to it with a large protest and let the public become more and more accustomed to it. AQnother example would be that it is certainly legal for you to wear nothing but your speedo to the movie theatre, the only result will be that people look at ya like your a nut job and your arse gets stuck to the vinyl seats.
    Those "candyass people" that you refuse to do anything about are the ones that WILL be deciding your elections and therefore YOUR gunrights..so you better learn to HOW to get them on your side or you better just go bury them in the yard now. Sad part is..in principal I agree with you..but practically..I know better..so suit yourself.
  • JasonMPDJasonMPD Senior Member Posts: 6,104 Senior Member
    Sheep don't see an inanimate piece of metal, they see an evil baby killing machine.

You cannot do either of these by showing up like an armed mob to restaurants and cafes:

1. Change their perception of gun owners
    2. Convince them guns are not evil killing machines

The media teaches that amassed gun demonstration is only a hair trigger from a massacre.

Take your chances if you want, but when sheepdogs scare the flock too much, their lines between wolf and sheepdog blur and they may fall victim to a cunning wolf.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk
    “There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.” – Will Rogers
  • breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 13,079 Senior Member
    Regarding bolt-action or lever-action rifles: I've seen photos of them at some OC rallies. But they're always in the background. Possibly because the photographs are taken by photojournalists, and they're trying to tell a story with their photos. They're also trying to sell an interesting story.

Maybe an AR, AK, SKS, or kitted-out shotgun is more visually "exciting" than grandpa's hunting rifle or Uncle Clyde's lever-action?

Here's my problem with the coverage of these things: the people covering them are trying to sell a story, much like some of the quizzes we've seen of people on the beach or on the street. I don't have faith in the people who are doing the coverage that they're not composing photos or editing footage to give you the story THEY want you to see. Such as that people are ill-informed, or that gun people are paranoid nuts.
    Overkill is underrated.
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 18,732 Senior Member
    I like the way this guy thinks
    http://kfmx.com/the-problem-with-open-carry/
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

Amen.

The media is being spanked pretty hard with 90% of NRA membership speaking out against these dumb asses.
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 25,957 Senior Member

True dat! If you got time to parade around like that, then you've got time to parade into the state capitol and lobby the crap out of the legislators and get the law changed. They keep wooling people's fur the wrong way long enough and they might get to meet unintended consequences face to face in the removal of the right to carry long guns openly. Some of the big cities in Texas are pretty Liberal, and numbers count in an election. They might get a state government they don't want.
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

• zeke4351zeke4351 Member Posts: 31 Member
    2y2ezu7u.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk