This shed a little more light for me on Sgt. Bergdahl

timctimc Senior MemberPosts: 6,684 Senior Member
I think he should be tried for desertion and dealt with swiftly. This is his unit talking about him, sounds pretty cut and dry to me.

http://video.foxnews.com/v/3610305696001/exclusive-platoon-opens-up-about-sgt-bergdahls-desertion/#sp=show-clips
timc - formerly known as timc on the last G&A forum and timc on the G&A forum before that and the G&A forum before that.....
AKA: Former Founding Member

Replies

• tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 26,183 Senior Member
    I tend to give a lot more weight to the statement of soldiers in his unit than I do to the White House talking heads. If it can be proved that the increased attacks on U.S. soldiers in the area increased because of what Bergdahl told his captors, then it could be pretty rough on him with the punishment. Anyway, the truth needs to be found out about his 'disappearance' as a POW designation gives him benefits he may not deserve.
    If the U.S. Congress was put in charge of the Sahara Desert, there would be a shortage of sand in under six months.

• jaywaptijaywapti Senior Member Posts: 4,567 Senior Member
    If you Google " bergdahl deserter " there's a lot of info about him deserting.
    Right now I'm leaning towards the fact that he's a traitor.

JAY
    THE DEFINITION OF GUN CONTROL IS HITTING THE TARGET WITH YOUR FIRST SHOT
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 11,008 Senior Member
    timc wrote: »
    I think he should be tried for desertion and dealt with swiftly. This is his unit talking about him, sounds pretty cut and dry to me.

http://video.foxnews.com/v/3610305696001/exclusive-platoon-opens-up-about-sgt-bergdahls-desertion/#sp=show-clips

His platoon mates were pretty fair towards him, seemed like they wanted to talk to him more than anything, they seemed concerned about him but at the same time were obviously not happy he walked off and deserted in their opinions, wonder if we will ever get the truth.
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 10,699 Senior Member
    This is all going to end up being another cover-up, to file away with a hundred others that our corrupted system of checks and balances will fail to get to the bottom of. The likelihood that he was, at best, a deserter, and at worst a traitor is very bad. But it pales in significance to the fact the CIC of our military has given Mullah Omar's war cabinet back to him, thumbing his nose at the 'blood and treasure' that was needed to neutralize them.

We can surmise from this that the CIC of our military views this all as a game, and that our military personnel are just pawns to be moved around on the game board, at his whim.
  • JLDickmonJLDickmon Senior Member Posts: 1,726 Senior Member
    I think I've already said all I'm going to on this subject, and am summarily closing my pie hole.
    Never laugh at your wife's choices.
    You are one of them.
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 21,921 Senior Member
    tennmike wrote: »
    I tend to give a lot more weight to the statement of soldiers in his unit than I do to the White House talking heads. If it can be proved that the increased attacks on U.S. soldiers in the area increased because of what Bergdahl told his captors, then it could be pretty rough on him with the punishment. Anyway, the truth needs to be found out about his 'disappearance' as a POW designation gives him benefits he may not deserve.

This White House only says or does anything for show and to further their Leftist Commie agenda.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 21,921 Senior Member
    bisley wrote: »
    This is all going to end up being another cover-up, to file away with a hundred others that our corrupted system of checks and balances will fail to get to the bottom of. The likelihood that he was, at best, a deserter, and at worst a traitor is very bad. But it pales in significance to the fact the CIC of our military has given Mullah Omar's war cabinet back to him, thumbing his nose at the 'blood and treasure' that was needed to neutralize them.

We can surmise from this that the CIC of our military views this all as a game, and that our military personnel are just pawns to be moved around on the game board, at his whim.

Yes, when you refer to our "CIC" I presume you are speaking of our "KING!"
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.