Seattle Pacific University Shooting

Cheetoh734Cheetoh734 Senior MemberPosts: 714 Senior Member
I don't know if this has been covered here yet but I just thought I'd throw this on here. This guy undoubtedly saved lives. Since the mass, random shooting things started becoming more common, I am sure we all have run through a "what if" scenario or two...This guy is pretty impressive I thought. The lesson I took here is the fact that he did SOMETHING is the important part. I have wondered about some of these other scenarios what could have been done, if a few people would have reacted differently if there could have been substantially less casualties. I heard that the Mall shooter in Oregon killed himself when he was confronted, even indirectly with a CPL holder there. Anyway I just wanted to make sure we all saw a positive side to these crazy events.

On an happy side note, once his name was released people realized he is getting married in 2 weeks and that his gift registry was online. It was quickly maxed out and then some by well wishers. His honeymoon was completely paid for and there was a "thank you" fundraising account set up in his name. Also it seems Boeing has signed him up for a job right after graduation. I really thought his statement was impressive too.

Local News Story:

http://www.komonews.com/news/local/SPU-hero-Meis-Through-Gods-grace-I-was-able-to-stop-the-attacker-262396311.html