S&W M & P Shield Safety Message

Dr. dbDr. db Senior MemberPosts: 1,541 Senior Member
I recently acquired a DeSantis belt holster for my Shield. As you can see from the attached photo it is possible to trigger the magazine release with a left hand holster. The first time I drew and the mag started to drop I thought I had messed up when I seated the magazine but the holster has a projection that hits the release. My other holster from Diamond custom does not. See photo 2.

Just trying to avoid a Jack Black in Mars Attacks moment for someone.ImageUploadedByTapatalk1402428796.424784.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1402428810.098144.jpg

Replies

• FlashoverFlashover Member Posts: 389 Member
    Looks like dremel time to me
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 23,967 Senior Member
    That DeSantis leather?

Probably can trim it either way as Flashover suggested.
    A Veteran is someone that served in the Military, it does not matter where they served.
  • Dr. dbDr. db Senior Member Posts: 1,541 Senior Member
    I was going to use tin snips. Just wanted people to know.
  • JasonMPDJasonMPD Senior Member Posts: 6,104 Senior Member
    Dr. db wrote: »
    I recently acquired a DeSantis belt holster for my Shield. As you can see from the attached photo it is possible to trigger the magazine release with a left hand holster. The first time I drew and the mag started to drop I thought I had messed up when I seated the magazine but the holster has a projection that hits the release. My other holster from Diamond custom does not. See photo 2.

Just trying to avoid a Jack Black in Mars Attacks moment for someone.ImageUploadedByTapatalk1402428796.424784.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1402428810.098144.jpg

Unless leather is mandatory for your tastes, get a Bladetech kydex IWB holster and don't look back.
    “There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.” – Will Rogers
  • Gene LGene L Senior Member Posts: 10,233 Senior Member
    Kydex holsters are the spawn of the devil. Five minutes with a Dremel tool with a cutting head beats scrapping a good leather holster and going to the $$ of plastic.

I'm not a Kydex fan, although I acknowledge they have advantages. Just not against your body, they make you sweat a lot.
    Not too many problems you can't fix
    With a 1911 and a 30-06