Yet another reason I'll never own a condo...

alphasigmookiealphasigmookie Senior MemberPosts: 8,743 Senior Member
https://homes.yahoo.com/news/why-fla-condo-owners-could-150400178.html

This is downright crap. Yet another way the law is tilted to benefit those with the big bucks at the expense of hard working middle class families. And i'm SURE the law was passed to protect people in case of natural disasters and not because it greatly benefited the large real estate developers. Those state legislators are always looking out for the little guys!
"Finding out that you have run out of toilet paper is a good example of lack of preparation, buying 10 years worth is silly"
-DoctorWho

Replies

• RazorbackerRazorbacker Senior Member Posts: 4,646 Senior Member
    The first thing I thought of as I got into the article was taxes on the short sale. And sure enough there it was. If that outfit buying the joint is under a REIT, an appeal to investors might help. otherwise this is just wrong on every level.
    Teach your children to love guns, they'll never be able to afford drugs
  • Pelagic KayakerPelagic Kayaker Banned Posts: 1,503 Senior Member
    One never "owns" condo.
    "The reflection upon my situation and that of this army produces many an uneasy hour when all around me are wrapped in sleep. Few people know the predicament we are in" ~General George Washington, January 14, 1776
  • sgtrock21sgtrock21 Senior Member Posts: 1,607 Senior Member
    One never "owns" condo.
    One never owns any real estate. It is all owned by the government by taxes or condemnation.
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 8,662 Senior Member
    While I am sure that there are several loop holes for large corporations to do things like this, we all know it "just isnt right"
    I hope these people are screaming to the news media and get a break and get the ranking officers on the six oclock new with reports sticking microphones in their face asking how they can ruin someone like this.
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    That sucks hind teat!
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • SirGeorgeKillianSirGeorgeKillian Senior Member Posts: 5,458 Senior Member
    cpj wrote: »
    That's not a reason for me not to buy a condo, the reason that I wouldn't buy a condo is that I'm an eh-hole,and don't want to be that close to my neighbors.
    That.

I came to the conclusion this morning that it isn't the traffic I don't like. I'm a car guy, I like cars. It is people I don't like.
    Unless life also hands you water and sugar, your lemonade is gonna suck!
    Wambli Ska wrote: »
    I'm in love with a Glock
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 15,055 Senior Member
    cpj wrote: »
    That's not a reason for me not to buy a condo, the reason that I wouldn't buy a condo is that I'm an eh-hole,and don't want to be that close to my neighbors.

This :agree:
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"