IRS says it cannot locate Lois Lerner emails prior to 2011

Big ChiefBig Chief Senior MemberPosts: 32,995 Senior Member
I smell a RAT!

There should be copies of all GOVT emails stored on a sever someplace, at least, that's what I've been told that somewhere, someplace a record exist and it doesn't matter if the computer they were sent from or received it crashed/all emails were deleted or had its hard drive replaced.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014/06/13/irs-says-it-cannot-locate-lois-lerner-emails-prior-to-2011/?intcmp=latestnews
It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!

Replies

• knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 18,964 Senior Member
    Big Chief wrote: »
    IRS says it cannot locate Lois Lerner emails prior to 2011

[video=youtube_share;Jm3zV1pCTQ8]
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Posts: 7,190 Senior Member
    Everything done by any organization is backed up with paper and/or electronic files. Lying sacks of sheisen!!!
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
    THE DEMOCRATS ARE THE NEW COMMUNISTS!
  • Pelagic KayakerPelagic Kayaker Banned Posts: 1,503 Senior Member
    God Bless the IRS, without em I'd be filthy rich.
    "The reflection upon my situation and that of this army produces many an uneasy hour when all around me are wrapped in sleep. Few people know the predicament we are in" ~General George Washington, January 14, 1776
  • RazorbackerRazorbacker Senior Member Posts: 4,646 Senior Member
    Just water board this chick and be done with it.
    Teach your children to love guns, they'll never be able to afford drugs
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    Where is the outrage in all this? It should be up there with Watergate and would be if a Republican administration was in the White House. The DEMS would be screaming like raped apes :yikes::yikes:
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
  • shootbrownelkshootbrownelk Senior Member Posts: 2,025 Senior Member
    Just water board this chick and be done with it.

Right Razor, where the heck is Dick the Dodger Cheney when we need him? Probably plugged-in to a battery charger.
  • PFDPFD Senior Member Posts: 1,202 Senior Member
    OK, so fair is fair, right?

I say congress passes a law that says that anyone being audited by the IRS simply has to say "My computer crashed and I lost all of my documents" and the audit is over. No fines or penalties levied. All is forgiven.

I'm sure the IRS would understand that his is perfectly acceptable, right?

Right.
    That's all I got.

Paul
  • JasonMPDJasonMPD Senior Member Posts: 6,135 Senior Member
    No rats, no snakes--that implies deceptive behavior. These mother******s aren't even bothering to hide it anymore. They are all crony, corrupted career politicians.

-Democrats are operating with impunity and boldly in the face of the American people, unabated.
    -Republicans are (as far as I'm concerned) just sitting by as it happens, occasionally bawking and clucking in a passive aggressive protest with no substance or demand for action.

At what point in a narcissistic, tyrant controlled government, do the people step over the Congress's alleged duty to oversee and investigate government criminal activity and drag those pieces of s*** out of the Capitol and demand answers at the business end of a blade?

How much longer are we as a people going to just watch from the bleachers of this Republic and wait, wait, wait for a savior.

Saviors won't come from within, they'll have to come from without.

I've already lost all faith in this government. To get that trust back will take a long, long time.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk
    “There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.” – Will Rogers
  • LMLarsenLMLarsen Senior Member Posts: 8,337 Senior Member
    Lost, my giddy Aunt. Give me ten minutes with her computer and I'll have it.
    “A gun is a tool, no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.”

NRA Endowment Member
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,429 Senior Member
    What are the Frenchies doing with their guillotine these days? Line the bureaucrats up and start lopping off heads! Why should the muslims have all the fun?
    Jerry
    Hide and wail in terror, Eloi- - - -We Morlocks are on the hunt!
    ASK-HOLE Someone who asks for advice and always does something opposite
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 26,183 Senior Member
    Just put the whole lot of them with access to those servers in jail for contempt of court and obstruction of justice charges and let them remain there until the 'lost' E-mails are found. If they remain in jail for the rest of their lives, then so be it. They would also not get paid for duration of the incarceration. Seems fair to me.
    If the U.S. Congress was put in charge of the Sahara Desert, there would be a shortage of sand in under six months.

I heard on Fox news earlier, that attempting to use the IRS to harass political rivals was one of or would have been included in the charges listed on Richard Milhous Nixon's Impeachment proceedings/charges!
  • RazorbackerRazorbacker Senior Member Posts: 4,646 Senior Member
    Teach wrote: »
    What are the Frenchies doing with their guillotine these days? Line the bureaucrats up and start lopping off heads! Why should the muslims have all the fun?
    Jerry

Strapped down face up.
    Teach your children to love guns, they'll never be able to afford drugs
  • JeeperJeeper Senior Member Posts: 2,952 Senior Member
    Totally unacceptable. Fire everyone involved, and bring in some outside techs to locate the data.

Luis
    Wielding the Hammer of Thor first requires you to lift and carry the Hammer of Thor. - Bigslug
    Right Razor, where the heck is Dick the Dodger Cheney when we need him? Probably plugged-in to a battery charger.

Couple of derogatory statements about DC, I don't thunk shootbrownelk cares much fer him :tooth: :rotflmao:

I reckon SBE would decline an invitation to go bird hunting with him too! :devil:
  • bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 10,700 Senior Member
    No Republican administration has had the guts to try the "dog ate my homework" excuse since Nixon and the 18 minute gap. He didn't come close to getting away with it, and if the entire Republican Congress doesn't start demanding a special prosecutor, and quick, we will have a massive data dump to cover all the criminal behavior of this regime for the last six years. If they can get away with this crap, they can get away with anything.
  • Fat BillyFat Billy Senior Member Posts: 1,813 Senior Member
    Call the NSA. They have all emails recorded. Get the hackers to fine them. Next! "imoit: Later,
    Fat Billy

Recoil is how you know primer ignition is complete.
    cpj wrote: »
    Yeah, wishful thinking. The **** who call themselves republicans will lt it go, like always. You know, the ing dickbags that Im supposed to vote for as the lesser of two evils. them, And, the horse they rode in in.

Don't look at it that way - try this: The Democrats are evil, but the Republicans are only worthless and cowardly. Given those two choices, do you want the ones who are pro-actively destroying the republic with the fervor of the true believer, or the ones who are passively watching the Constitution circle the drain?

Er...never mind. :uhm:
    Big Chief wrote: »
    Couple of derogatory statements about DC, I don't thunk shootbrownelk cares much fer him :tooth: :rotflmao:

I reckon SBE would decline an invitation to go bird hunting with him too! :devil:

Right you are Chief, Cheney is not my favorite lying weasel. He did try to do something for his country though, trying to eliminate one lawyer. Dickie boy gets a spot at the front of the organ transplant line, thanks to the taxpayers providing him with the finest health care that we can afford. What was this thread about??
    If we do accept that all politicians are lying weasels, Cheney would be in the top ten of my favorite lying weasels. I fault him for pushing the Patriot Act, but I have to admit that, at the time, I really believed that the damage to our civil liberties would be small and temporary. So, I have to concede that it is possible that he simply was as naïve as I was. The only other 'lie' I can think of is his stated belief that Saddam Hussein had WMD. I also believed that, independent of Cheney's statements, as did a bunch of his political opponents, at the time. It's also entirely possible that Saddam sent his WMD to Syria.

I'm unaware of his other lies, and I know lots of folks who have peppered their hunting buddies, or had it done to them (me included). So, I don't deduct as many points for his failures as a lot of folks do. And, fair or not...if I was looking at certain death and somebody offered me a chance to live a few more years, I'd probably take it. He's not a perfect man, but I agree with him on a few very important things.
    bisley wrote: »
    If we do accept that all politicians are lying weasels, Cheney would be in the top ten of my favorite lying weasels. I fault him for pushing the Patriot Act, but I have to admit that, at the time, I really believed that the damage to our civil liberties would be small and temporary. So, I have to concede that it is possible that he simply was as naïve as I was. The only other 'lie' I can think of is his stated belief that Saddam Hussein had WMD. I also believed that, independent of Cheney's statements, as did a bunch of his political opponents, at the time. It's also entirely possible that Saddam sent his WMD to Syria.

I'm unaware of his other lies, and I know lots of folks who have peppered their hunting buddies, or had it done to them (me included). So, I don't deduct as many points for his failures as a lot of folks do. And, fair or not...if I was looking at certain death and somebody offered me a chance to live a few more years, I'd probably take it. He's not a perfect man, but I agree with him on a few very important things.

Did you forget about..."We'll be treated as liberators" "The war will be over in weeks not months" "Iraq's oil will pay for the war" (That's a Biggie!) and last but not least "The insurgents are in their Death throes". We lost 4,500 brave men & women there at Cheney's urging. And Halliburton made a fortune off the backs of the US taxpayers in a "No Bid" contract that Cheney brokered behind closed doors. My fingers are getting tired. Just my take.
  • topguntopgun Member Posts: 128 Member
    cpj wrote: »
    Riiiight. Computer crashed.

The administration was contemplating a couple of different excuses, and determined that "computer crash" was slightly more believable than "the dog ate them". So far it has been a good choice, because no ones in jail yet.
  • KSU FirefighterKSU Firefighter Senior Member Posts: 3,246 Senior Member
    topgun wrote: »
    The administration was contemplating a couple of different excuses, and determined that "computer crash" was slightly more believable than "the dog ate them". So far it has been a good choice, because no ones in jail yet.

Nor will anyone be going there. The Republicans don't have the stones to go for the jugular, the media will not attack their friends, and finally, the majority of the American people aren't even paying attention, the Kardashians are on somewhere.
    The fire service needs a "culture of extinguishment not safety" Ray McCormack FDNY
  • mohicanmohican Member Posts: 380 Member
    the fact that the IRS presents Lois Lerner's computer crashing as the reason for no Email Records supposes that they think Congress, and We the People don't realize that Emai resides on servers and not just populating on an individual computer. And the fact that several people under Lerner also experiences such "crashes" puts it in the twilight zone.
  • mohicanmohican Member Posts: 380 Member
    so does anyone really thing that "we can vote enough republicans in" and cure this?
  • BigDanSBigDanS Senior Member Posts: 6,807 Senior Member
    This is so totally bogus I cannot begin to start. Emails will be archived on the server for years, and in some cases, forever. A high ranking government official would most certainly have archived files, and therefor the BS detector is going off huge.

They should call in a security expert from the military and have it excavated.

What a jerk!

D
    "A patriot is mocked, scorned and hated; yet when his cause succeeds, all men will join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." Mark Twain
    Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.... now who's bringing the hot wings? :jester:
  • 1965Jeff1965Jeff Senior Member Posts: 1,611 Senior Member
    They reside in the same area as a current photo of Ms. Clinton, the picture of her on her latest book cover must be 20 yr old. You could use a current pic to keep mice out the kitchen. :yikes::yikes::yikes:
  • Dr. dbDr. db Senior Member Posts: 1,541 Senior Member
    Did the hard drives of 6 others also fail? I thought I heard that. If so, has anyone computed the probability that all of the hard drives in that work group failed?
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 26,183 Senior Member
    Dr. db wrote: »
    Did the hard drives of 6 others also fail? I thought I heard that. If so, has anyone computed the probability that all of the hard drives in that work group failed?

I heard that all those hard drives failing on the same day has the same probability as you personally being hit by a meteor. :rotflmao:
    If the U.S. Congress was put in charge of the Sahara Desert, there would be a shortage of sand in under six months.

• FisheadgibFisheadgib Senior Member Posts: 5,706 Senior Member
    The other day on Fox news they interviewed some woman that was supposedly a "former IRS employee" and she claimed that all correspondence with the IRS is stored on three different servers spread out across the country to prevent this very thing from happening along with an outside company being contracted to archive their data as an additional backup. It sounded feasable.
    snake284 wrote: »
    For my point of view, cpj is a lot like me