Home Main Category Hunting

Wall Drug

CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior MemberPosts: 13,656 Senior Member
The actual mounts of record white tails hanging on the walls of the store, son#1 in the pictures for reference, he is 6 foot and about 180.
Just jaw dropping stellar examples of record deer, WELL worth the stop!

Sending from my phone, if a Mod could fix the pictures, that would be much appreciated, they look rotated on my phone.
I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11

Replies

• knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 22,629 Senior Member
    :up:
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    Cool.

In Germany it's very common to see mounts of some terrific looking animals on the walls of restaurants, especially older establishments. I've seen some magnificent stag mounts and some massive boar's heads there. Many are very old and shot right in/near the location before it got populated.
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • U TU T Member Posts: 423 Member
    Did you drive out there, and if so, how many wall drug billboards would you guess there are? I don't know how many miles from the store the first one is, but we saw so many, that we just had to stop. It's a cool place.
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 25,023 Senior Member
  • CaliFFLCaliFFL Senior Member Posts: 5,486 Senior Member
    We were driving from ID to the U.P. a couple years ago and the wife made me stop at Wall Drug. I had never heard of it, but was surprised at how cool the "store" is.
    When our governing officials dismiss due process as mere semantics, when they exercise powers they don’t have and ignore duties they actually bear, and when we let them get away with it, we have ceased to be our own rulers.

Adam J. McCleod

• CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 13,656 Senior Member
    We were guessing that maintaining the bill boards for Wall Drug was a full time job for a 3-4 man crew, lol.
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • FlashoverFlashover Member Posts: 390 Member
    Awesome looking mounts...one that cought my eye was "Hole in the Horn" I remember reading the story about that buck in one of my fathers magazines when I was young.
    Flashover wrote: »
    Awesome looking mounts...one that cought my eye was "Hole in the Horn" I remember reading the story about that buck in one of my fathers magazines when I was young.
    Yeah , me too, I recognized about 1/2 these deer from magazine articles on them, I asked if they were reproductions since there were so many "famous" deer, they said those were THE racks, I asked how much they had to insure them for, the guy behind the counter just smiled.
  • shootbrownelkshootbrownelk Senior Member Posts: 2,035 Senior Member
    U T wrote: »
    Did you drive out there, and if so, how many wall drug billboards would you guess there are? I don't know how many miles from the store the first one is, but we saw so many, that we just had to stop. It's a cool place.

The Ranch Store....See prarie dogs FREE!...None Mean, Real Keen!...No Howl, No Growl...2 Ton Prarie dog! and about 50 others. Only to be outdone by Wall Drug....as seen on American Pickers.
  • JerryBobCoJerryBobCo Senior Member Posts: 8,227 Senior Member
    ****!
    Jerry

Gun control laws make about as much sense as taking ex-lax to cure a cough.
  • CaliFFLCaliFFL Senior Member Posts: 5,486 Senior Member
    CHIRO1989 wrote: »
    We were guessing that maintaining the bill boards for Wall Drug was a full time job for a 3-4 man crew, lol.

No kidding. IIRC, they were at least 150 miles in both directions.
    When our governing officials dismiss due process as mere semantics, when they exercise powers they don’t have and ignore duties they actually bear, and when we let them get away with it, we have ceased to be our own rulers.

Adam J. McCleod

• Elk creekElk creek Senior Member Posts: 7,114 Senior Member
    Did you have the doughnuts??? They are awesome! The coffee is great too. On a trip with the In laws out there my MIL asked for decaf and the guy said " decaf? No one around here sells that stuff" got the same answer from the guy at the gas station going out of town.
    Aim higher, or get a bigger gun.
    Elk creek wrote: »
    Did you have the doughnuts??? They are awesome! The coffee is great too. On a trip with the In laws out there my MIL asked for decaf and the guy said " decaf? No one around here sells that stuff" got the same answer from the guy at the gas station going out of town.

Nope, we had the "home made" ice cream and then wandered about for awhile, I was kind of maxed out on coffee by that point in the trip and was ready for beer, raised or cake doughnuts?.
  • bobbyrlf3bobbyrlf3 Senior Member Posts: 2,573 Senior Member
    Love that place. Bought my wife a black hills gold ring in one of the shops there.
    Knowledge is essential to living freely and fully; understanding gives knowledge purpose and strength; wisdom is combining the two and applying them appropriately in words and actions.
  • Elk creekElk creek Senior Member Posts: 7,114 Senior Member
    Cake, plain and maple. Oh man the maple were......drool worthy
    Aim higher, or get a bigger gun.
    Elk creek wrote: »
    Cake, plain and maple. Oh man the maple were......drool worthy

Well dang, we are no strangers to doughnuts at our house, some how we missed that.