SCCY CPX 2..........anyone handle one?

5280 shooter II5280 shooter II Senior MemberPosts: 3,923 Senior Member
Seen the ad for these in various gun magazines......asthetic's wise, I like it.....kind of like a Bersa .380 sized pistol in 9mm.
God show's mercy on drunks and dumb animals.........two outa three ain't a bad score!

Replies

• Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 8,528 Senior Member
    YUP
    Wife has one. Purchased it all on her own. Saw it handled it and liked it.
    Functions flawlessly with all ammo that we have fed it. More often than not you will find it in her purse or the car when we are traveling.
    apunade5.jpg
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • KENFU1911KENFU1911 Senior Member Posts: 1,052 Senior Member
    http://www.gunsandammo.com/reviews/nice-price-nine-sccy-cpx-2-review/

Sounds good........but I have not seen one in person yet.......ken
    My idea of a warning shot is when the 2nd bad guy watches his 1st buddy go down....
  • 5280 shooter II5280 shooter II Senior Member Posts: 3,923 Senior Member
    THX!! Read reviews on it good and bad......some people couldn't hit the broad side of a barn with it......the good review was it functions flawlessly.......to me it's like a Commander......bigger grip shorter barrel........and it looks like it melts in your hand.........but I'm concerned about accuracy......I don't own a handgun that can't hit a golfball at 25 yrds.
    God show's mercy on drunks and dumb animals.........two outa three ain't a bad score!
    THX Ken for the link/review! Another thing I like about it is......there's no rail to add crap onto.........it's a pure simple carry pistol....DAO trigger with second strike capability.......I should jump on this before they get seriously popular and the low price jumps up to Glock levels.
    It is not a 25 yard gun. They make two models one with a manual safety the other without. Its a double action trigger you decide if the safety is needed. She found the manual safety to be in the way and most likely would bite when fired

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • BAMAAKBAMAAK Senior Member Posts: 4,260 Senior Member
    I have one I carry all the time. I really like it, never had a jam of any kind with it, 500 rds maybe. The trigger pull is very long but predictable. Reset is very long too and less predictable. Galloway Precision makes a trigger kit they say reduces the pull. http://gallowayprecision.com/home.php They also list a SS guiderod and soft spring

It's only accurate to about 15yds or so but when you learn the trigger you can do better with it. I think it is very much like the ruger LC9 only double stack.
    "He only earns his freedom and his life Who takes them every day by storm."

-- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, German writer and politician
    Good info guys! Maybe I expect too much and have to see this as it is......a belly gun. So how snappy is the recoil with these? A short barrel 9mm......I'm thinking a Ruger SP101 w/125s kinda recoil.
  • StenfieldStenfield Member Posts: 39 Member
    I was VERY IMPRESSED with the ones I have handled!!
    I would own one now if I did not already have my Kel Tek, heck I still may end up owning one someday.
    The LGS keeps them in stock they have been a good seller for them
  • RazorbackerRazorbacker Senior Member Posts: 4,646 Senior Member
    Good to hear good reports from real people. Countless gunshows and LGS trips later this is one of the few my wife said fit her hand, or anyway she liked it. So what concealment holsters are you folks using?
    Teach your children to love guns, they'll never be able to afford drugs
    Tracy I'm hearing/seeing the universal junk seems to fit a lot for the Glock........gotta admit.....its the first pistol that's got a fire under my butt in a long while.......maybe if I lick CPJ's ear....he could make me a holster?
    We were unable to find any holsters made for the gun. That may have changed now that they have been out for a while.
    Wife carries hers in either a generic nylon holster or when using her dedicated concealed carry purse it has an a adjustable one built in.

Razorbacker that is the exact reason wifey purchased hers. Saw it while I was checking AR stuff and when she held it she liked it a lot.
    Did some research and went back that afternoon and made the purchase. Also, for a long time now she has carried a revolver because she ha RA and always found it difficult to rack the slide on most semi autos. This SCCY is not a problem for her. As for recoil it is minimal for a small pistol. The grip is designed to absorb much of it.

A quick google search just turned up a few holsters for the SCCY guns. The must be becoming more popular.
  • BAMAAKBAMAAK Senior Member Posts: 4,260 Senior Member
    Go here http://sccy.com/faqs and they list a bunch of holsters that will work.
    "He only earns his freedom and his life Who takes them every day by storm."

-- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, German writer and politician
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 10,726 Senior Member
    Tracy I'm hearing/seeing the universal junk seems to fit a lot for the Glock........gotta admit.....its the first pistol that's got a fire under my butt in a long while.......maybe if I lick CPJ's ear....he could make me a holster?
    Cheetos and cash are acceptable holster barter when he made mine:)
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
    I try to not encourage his Cheeto addiction.....:jester:
  • RazorbackerRazorbacker Senior Member Posts: 4,646 Senior Member
    BAMAAK wrote: »
    Go here http://sccy.com/faqs and they list a bunch of holsters that will work.

Thanks man I bookmarked it for future reference.
    Teach your children to love guns, they'll never be able to afford drugs
  • HvyMaxHvyMax Senior Member Posts: 1,786 Senior Member
    Seems like a good gun. For CC though a single stack is way more concealable.
    Wal Mart where the discriminating white trash shop.
    Paddle faster!!! I hear banjos.
    Reason for editing: correcting my auto correct
    Wambli Ska wrote: »
    Wow, are you often attacked by dangerous angry golf balls?!?!?!?

Not angry, just the lazy ones left on the golf range that sits next to a low income neighborhood so night time gunfire is just shrugged at by the Denver PD......I practice long range putting. Nickel cases show up better with a flashlight over brass cases......"Pack in, pack out", plus littering is just rude. :jester: