When is a Win. 03/63 Semi Auto .22 a Centerfire Win. 1873 Lever Action?

BigslugBigslug Senior MemberPosts: 7,099 Senior Member
When it's on the History Channel of course!

Some recent show on "American Firepower" slapped a still of the .22 on screen when describing the Gun that Won the West and its compatibility of ammo with the .44-40 Peacemaker.

I suspected they had a case of Rectal / Cranial Inversion on seeing bits of The World Wars, but damn!:bang:
WWJMBD?

"Nothing is safe from stupid." - Zee

Replies

• DanChamberlainDanChamberlain Senior Member Posts: 3,393 Senior Member
    Guns all look alike to "gunsists"
    It's a source of great pride for me, that when my name is googled, one finds book titles and not mug shots. Daniel C. Chamberlain
  • KENFU1911KENFU1911 Senior Member Posts: 1,052 Senior Member
    Well.........at least they are both Winchesters.......close enough for them I guess...........Ken
    My idea of a warning shot is when the 2nd bad guy watches his 1st buddy go down....
  • Gene LGene L Senior Member Posts: 10,321 Senior Member
    I remember running up on .22 WRF shells when I was a kid, but never saw a rifle to use them in. They were well thought of by oldsters, although I don't know the ballistics Nowadays, someone loads ammo for them at around $20 a box. Maybe Aguila?
    Not too many problems you can't fix
    With a 1911 and a 30-06
  • KENFU1911KENFU1911 Senior Member Posts: 1,052 Senior Member
    45 gr lead bullet at 1350..........Winchester does a run ever few years it seams....CCI makes a JHP round once in awhile too.......it's one of those.....if ya see it buy type of deals..........not a day in and day out production type of thing...........Ken
    My idea of a warning shot is when the 2nd bad guy watches his 1st buddy go down....