Question on how to clean up corroded ammo............

2»

Replies

• HAWKENHAWKEN Senior Member Posts: 1,690 Senior Member
    tennmike wrote: »
    Good idea to just pull the bullets.
    Pop the primers and remove them. Take a good stainless steel hook on a piece of wire leader about 2 feet long and pass the wire from case mouth through the primer flash hole. Then make an eye on that end of the wire. Fish are like wimmins; they like shiny stuff. Good lure in FL for spanish mackerel. The flat face of the case head makes it wiggle when you retrieve it. If you want to get fancy, tie some feathers or deer hair on the hook.

Mike is correct. I have made pan fish lures out of fired .22LR cases, the nickeled ones........Robin
    I don't often talk to people that voted for Obama, but when I do I order large fries!
    Life member of the American Legion, the VFW, the NRA and the Masonic Lodge, retired LEO
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 26,365 Senior Member
    Form corroded ammunition to making fishing lures out of fired cases. This thread hasn't drifted at all! :rotflmao:
    If the U.S. Congress was put in charge of the Sahara Desert, there would be a shortage of sand in under six months.

• BufordBuford Senior Member Posts: 6,685 Senior Member
    Loaded rounds are sometimes tumbled at the factory. It would take a loooooong time to break down the powder in a tumbler.

Why would they do this?
    I'm not so sure about the powder, all it has to do is mess up the coating on the powder.
    Just look at the flowers Lizzie, just look at the flowers.
  • JLDickmonJLDickmon Senior Member Posts: 1,726 Senior Member
    I would use the tumbler. Then throw the brass away when you shoot the corroded ones.

dry tumble with aggressive media..
    Never laugh at your wife's choices.
    You are one of them.