Home Main Category Second Amendment/Politics

Bergdahl could get $350G tax-free, if cleared by Army.

NomadacNomadac Senior MemberPosts: 902 Senior Member
Bergdahl could get $350G tax-free, if cleared by Army. Bergdahl is due approximately $200,000 in back pay for the time he was in Taliban hands. He would be eligible for another $150,000 if an ongoing probe determines he was a prisoner of war. Both sums could be tax free for Bergdahl, who was promoted from private first class to sergeant during the time he was held.
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/07/14/bergdahl-could-get-350g-tax-free-if-cleared-by-army/

With Defense Secretary Hagel and Obama what do you want to bet he will not be charged AWOL or as a Deserter during war time?

This should make anyone that was in the Military livid with the politics going on and the delay to charge him.

Replies

• TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,428 Senior Member
    He needs to get a few $1.00 FMJ's, applied by a firing squad, and then bill his family for the ammo!
    Jerry
  • avmechavmech Senior Member Posts: 856 Senior Member
    Nomadac wrote: »
    With Defense Secretary Hagel and Obama what do you want to bet he will not be charged AWOL or as a Deserter during war time?

Knowing those two, Bergdahl will probably get a medal
    NRA Benefactor Member
  • centermass556centermass556 Senior Member Posts: 3,534 Senior Member
    You guys have no idea how much this makes my blood boil.....
    "To have really lived, you must have almost died. To those who have fought for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know."
  • horselipshorselips Senior Member Posts: 3,628 Senior Member
    Well, if he's cleared by the Army, fine. Pay him. Problem is, I have no confidence in the Army coming to an impartial, fair and unbiased decision. The military has become so politicized and corrupted by this administration, as have all the departments and agencies of the civil service as well, that it has lost all credibility with me. So, no matter what the Army says or decides, I believe I will never know the whole truth.
  • Gene LGene L Senior Member Posts: 12,068 Senior Member
    Bergdahl isn't going to beat the rap. Too many witnesses against him, and only one for him: Bergdahl.

It won't go to trial for at least a year, maybe two, which is good. I predict by 2016 there will be some major changes in the Army, and some major changes in Congress in November. Point being the atmosphere will undergo a sea change and be a lot less tolerant of goobers who leave incriminating notes, mail all their personal stuff home, and walk off of a FOB in a hostile nation. There will be no need to make the prisoner swap look good for the CIC.

It could come out, although I don't know how, that he actually materially aided and gave comfort to the enemy. And the opposite of the witness situation works here: the Taliban ain't gonna testify in his behalf. Or against him.

He will almost certainly have to testify in his own defense. And that will be an interesting testimony.
    Concealed carry is for protection, open carry is for attention.