Home Main Category Second Amendment/Politics

To quote Gomer Pyle, "Surprise, surprise!"

GunnerK19GunnerK19 Senior MemberPosts: 1,089 Senior Member
I'm a Conservative. How conservative? Only Alex P. Keaton has me beat.

Taurus 605 .357, Ruger .45 Vaquero, Colt frontier commemorative .22 SA, Pietta 1860 .44 snubnose

Replies

• KSU FirefighterKSU Firefighter Senior Member Posts: 3,249 Senior Member
    Sad that anyone would have to go through the ordeal that they did. At least they have learned the error of their ways, some anti-gun folks would not have changed.
    The fire service needs a "culture of extinguishment not safety" Ray McCormack FDNY
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,428 Senior Member
    When we used to go hippie-hunting in San Francisco back in the 1970's looking for the ones wearing pieces of military uniforms with American flags sewn onto the butt cheeks, they used to offer up their girlfriends' services to avoid getting a butt-kicking. Problem was, none of us wanted to have anything to to with those dirty skanks!
    Jerry
  • horselipshorselips Senior Member Posts: 3,628 Senior Member
    This evil, awful woman would have deprived all of us of our Constitutional rights if she had the chance. What should the punishment be for that? Haven't we gone to war, burned cities, wrecked countries, and killed millions over that? I wish all anti-gunners would be victims of their warped, twisted ideology. Seriously, too many of them have wished us gun owners dead, and sometimes vengeful tough love is appropriate. Those who would tyrannize us, should be tyrannized in turn. Call it karma, call it just deserts, call it what goes around comes around, whatever.

Remember when anti gun reporters were publishing the names and addresses of CCW permit holders? Remember how offended we were? I do. Maybe it's time we made lists of all the people who don't have permits to own or carry guns, and publicized it, so criminals know who it was safe to mug and rob, and which homes they could invade and plunder. Turnabout is fair play.
  • JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 16,132 Senior Member
    "In the past the two felt they had no need for a gun… but now they keep a loaded gun in a drawer by the bed."

Why in the hell would they offer and publish that information?
    Reason obeys itself; and ignorance submits to whatever is dictated to it.
    -Thomas Paine
  • BuffcoBuffco Senior Member Posts: 6,244 Senior Member
    horselips wrote: »
    I don't care that she got raped and beaten. This evil, awful woman would have deprived all of us of our Constitutional rights if she had the chance. What should the punishment be for that? Haven't we gone to war, burned cities, wrecked countries, and killed millions over that? She got off light, after all, she's still alive. I wish all anti-gunners would be victims of their warped, twisted ideology. Seriously, too many of them have wished us gun owners dead, and sometimes vengeful tough love is appropriate. Those who would tyrannize us, should be tyrannized in turn. To the max. Call it karma, call it just deserts, call it what goes around comes around, whatever.

Remember when anti gun reporters were publishing the names and addresses of CCW permit holders? Remember how we offended we were? I do. Maybe it's time we made lists of all the people who don't have permits to own or carry guns, and publicized it, so criminals know who it was safe to mug and rob, and which homes they could invade and plunder. Turnabout is fair play.

Beyond the pale dude. No one who got raped "got off light".

Rise above.
  • Gene LGene L Senior Member Posts: 12,068 Senior Member
    Pretty harsh, horselips. No one deserves to get raped regardless of her political beliefs. Nor will creating more victims by publishing names of those without CCWs serve any practical purpose I can think of. The publishing of those who do have CCWs was limited to one state, as I recall, and condemned. I can't think of a single crime that resulted from that event.
    Concealed carry is for protection, open carry is for attention.
    Jermanator wrote: »
    Why in the hell would they offer and publish that information?

Because they're too stupid to realize thery're telling the next home invader "Shoot me if I head for the bedroom"?

:roll:
    Jerry
  • horselipshorselips Senior Member Posts: 3,628 Senior Member
    OK, I admit I jumped the shark. My bad. I fixed my post.
  • coolgunguycoolgunguy Senior Member Posts: 6,624 Senior Member
    This evil, awful woman would have deprived all of us of our Constitutional rights if she had the chance. What should the punishment be for that? Haven't we gone to war, burned cities, wrecked countries, and killed millions over that? I wish all anti-gunners would be victims of their warped, twisted ideology. Seriously, too many of them have wished us gun owners dead, and sometimes vengeful tough love is appropriate. Those who would tyrannize us, should be tyrannized in turn. Call it karma, call it just deserts, call it what goes around comes around, whatever.

Remember when anti gun reporters were publishing the names and addresses of CCW permit holders? Remember how offended we were? I do. Maybe it's time we made lists of all the people who don't have permits to own or carry guns, and publicized it, so criminals know who it was safe to mug and rob, and which homes they could invade and plunder. Turnabout is fair play.

Strange. Nowhere in the story are either of the couple quoted saying that they had ever been in favor of any sort of gun control. There was one reference to 'never felt the need to own a gun' but again, no quote...just an assertion by the author. On that 'damning' evidence, you are willing to say that they got what they deserved and turnabout is fair play?? I've (easily) met hundreds, if not thousands, of people over the course of my life who 'felt no need to own a gun', but who also had no interest in telling me or anybody else they couldn't own guns. Congratulations horselips, you've tried, convicted and sentenced these folks on the basis of ONE piece of obviously biased information. When does the Democratic Party membership card arrive? :roll:
    "Bipartisan" usually means that a bigger than normal deception is happening.
    George Carlin
  • JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 16,132 Senior Member
    Teach wrote: »
    Because they're too stupid to realize they're telling the next home invader "Shoot me if I head for the bedroom"?

:roll:
    Jerry
    That, and "Break in when we are gone, here is where the free gun is." They may as well tell them where the jewelry and cash is too. Heck, they could even make them a map!
    Reason obeys itself; and ignorance submits to whatever is dictated to it.
    -Thomas Paine
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 17,292 Senior Member
    I fixed my post.

No...you didn't....there isn't any "fixing" that warped kind of thinking....Since when does "not feeling the need to own a gun" become "depriving us of us of our Constitutional rights" or make one "evil and awful".... There was nothing in that article that indicated that these people advocated gun control in any way... Frankly, people like you are more of a threat to our cause than a couple of misguided people who think the world is a safe place ever will be....
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
    Jermanator wrote: »
    "Break in when we are gone, here is where the free gun is."

I helped a fellow teacher shop for a nightstand gun- - - -one of a big lot of S&W Model 10 clones from the Royal Hong Kong Police Department that my LGS had bought as a package deal from some importer. Her drug-enthusiast son stole it and sold it a couple of months layer!
    Jerry
  • samzheresamzhere Banned Posts: 10,923 Senior Member
    Buffco wrote: »
    Beyond the pale dude. No one who got raped "got off light".

Rise above.

I got to agree. Nobody deserves to be raped. Sad that it happened.

We can disagree with anti-gunners strongly without stepping over the line into wishing them harm or "celebrating" when that happens. Wrong, horse. I do however agree with your general sentiments, just not that forcefully.
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 22,394 Senior Member
    GunnerK19 wrote: »

What do you mean what do I think? I think these people, like too many others in this country were too slow to realize the reality of violence in the world and the benefits of gun ownership and self defense until they were starring life or death in the face. If they'd had a gun at the ready they could have prevented her being raped and him being disfigured. They were lulled asleep by the media and the liberal left. So many people out there deprive themselves of real security due to the brain washing they have received through the years. These people's realization is great. But these are just a couple of people. Until people like this are confronted by a situation such as this, they will remain ignorant. We therefore need to stand by our guns, Pun intended, and stand by the constitution. This is another reason we need to vote for the lesser of two evils in the General Elections instead of voting for a hopeless third party candidate, giving awav the election and letting the left take over out right.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.