Home Main Category Second Amendment/Politics

Beretta moving out of Maryland

Replies

• TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,428 Senior Member
    Middle Tennessee gets Beretta, Huntsville Alabama gets Remington and a couple of others, and Volkswagen in Chattanooga is doing a major expansion of their facilities after the workers told the United Outta Workers to go pound sand! Bocephus got it right!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=huCF55wimQE

:up:
    Jerry
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 21,653 Senior Member
    Good for Gallatin Tn :up:
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• bobbyrlf3bobbyrlf3 Senior Member Posts: 2,559 Senior Member
    Couldn't help but smile when I read about this. I'm from Delaware, where the laws are similar. As much as I'd like to move back home, I won't until they have shall-issue, at the very least.
    Knowledge is essential to living freely and fully; understanding gives knowledge purpose and strength; wisdom is combining the two and applying them appropriately in words and actions.
  • jaywaptijaywapti Senior Member Posts: 4,981 Senior Member
    According to the NRA there are now 42 gun or gun parts manufacturers that are in the south, Fl. is #1 with 9, Tx. #2 with 7, and SC. in # 3ed with 6. All I got to say is,

come on down

JAY
    THE DEFINITION OF GUN CONTROL IS HITTING THE TARGET WITH YOUR FIRST SHOT
  • sherwoodsherwood Senior Member Posts: 1,220 Senior Member
    I knew this would happen and so did most of the gun people here in MD. Beretta told the governor we have that they would move out if the new gun laws were passed. I'm sure that the gov will have some BS reason as to why he doesn't care.
    I may be old but I ain't dead!
    DPRMD
  • horselipshorselips Senior Member Posts: 3,628 Senior Member
    This is a win-win for Maryland and Tennessee. Maryland is glad to see them go, and the Democrats are happy to see even more workers reduced to dependency. Employed, tax-paying voters are dangerous to their agenda. Tennessee, operating with a diametrically opposite ideology, is happy to see expanded job opportunities, and increasing tax revenues. Everybody's happy. Party on!
  • BAMAAKBAMAAK Senior Member Posts: 4,484 Senior Member
    It think they would sound more sincere if they moved corporate as well. Guess they can't bothered moving the execs.
    "He only earns his freedom and his life Who takes them every day by storm."

-- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, German writer and politician
    sherwood wrote: »
    I'm sure that the gov will have some BS reason as to why he doesn't care.
    Sounds like they already do
    We're disappointed with this decision, but the common-sense gun safety law we passed, which includes licenses for handgun purchases, is keeping schools, communities and law enforcement personnel safe," said Nina Smith, an O'Malley spokeswoman.
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 11,381 Senior Member
    Not counting lost jobs, does anyone have an estimate on lost business in the surrounding area and tx dollars lost?

People that worked ther used groceries, fuel, purchased homes and appliances, used the dry cleaners and barber shops. The list goes on that folks that either become unemployed or move away stop spending money on, along with the lost commerce and tax money.
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 22,394 Senior Member
    Teach wrote: »
    Middle Tennessee gets Beretta, Huntsville Alabama gets Remington and a couple of others, and Volkswagen in Chattanooga is doing a major expansion of their facilities after the workers told the United Outta Workers to go pound sand! Bocephus got it right!

Jerry

And note how the political mindset has changed in the South. And it's not over race or slavery or any of that BS. For the average Southerner it never was. It's always been about the states having the right to govern themselves without Federal influence. As long as the states stay within the boundaries that unite us as one country, we don't need some Washington Politicians interfering in our lives and taxing us to death.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • BufordBuford Senior Member Posts: 6,721 Senior Member
    These states just don't care about the loss of business.
    Just look at the flowers Lizzie, just look at the flowers.
  • BigslugBigslug Senior Member Posts: 8,500 Senior Member
    Can they take M9 production back to Italy - or better still, to the center of the sun?
    WWJMBD?

"Nothing is safe from stupid." - Zee
  • RazorbackerRazorbacker Senior Member Posts: 4,646 Senior Member
    Teach wrote: »

I thought your link was gonna be this one:

Jerry

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oAFjBSPUQJk
    Teach your children to love guns, they'll never be able to afford drugs
  • 1hogfan831hogfan83 Member Posts: 342 Member
    When colt, Smith and Wesson, kimber, and Weatherby all move, then I'll be impressed. I didn't know that Remington had moved, I guess I'll go out and buy a Remington 1911 with my money from the two Weatherbys I sold. It's time for these gun makers to put their money where their mouth is. Grow a pair!
    "Well he shoulda armed him self" William Munney-Unforgiven"
    "You believe there is one God, that is good, even the demons believe and shudder in fear" James 2:19

Quiet!- - - - - -we did win- - - - - -we just had a better propaganda organization than the U S Marines and convinced them yamdankees they were the winners!

Jerry
  • avmechavmech Senior Member Posts: 856 Senior Member
    BAMAAK wrote: »
    It think they would sound more sincere if they moved corporate as well. Guess they can't bothered moving the execs.

Fully agree. They need to move lock stock and barrel to fully make the point. Keeping the front office in MD is BS
    NRA Benefactor Member
  • MississippiBoyMississippiBoy Senior Member Posts: 819 Senior Member
    There's a 640 acre site close to here that's being cleared for a manufacturer to build a 5.2 million sq. ft. plant on. There's no official word yet as to what kind of facility it's going to be....the people involved are playing their cards close to their vest. But rumor has it that it may be a firearm manufacturer, and there's a particular stupid Hinds County supervisor that doesn't like that idea. http://www.msnewsnow.com/story/26065879/hinds-co-supervisor-stokes-has-concerns-about-rezoning-norell-road-site
    He is just about as dumb as they come. A few months ago at a meeting, he got into a heated debate with somebody, and told them "Yo mama! Yo mama!" a couple of times. What a great leader he is.....

Myself, I hope it is a firearm company. S&W, Remington, Beretta, Colt, Glock, Springfield, Ruger, whomever. I just want to see Kenny Stokes' head explode.
    How many people would a 5.2 million square foot facility employ? That would be huge for Hinds County and Mississippi.....
    Bigslug wrote: »
    Can they take M9 production back to Italy - or better still, to the center of the sun?
    Ummm NO, part of uncle sugar's contract requires them to be built "here"

avmech wrote: »
    Keeping the front office in MD is BS

Be patient- - - -it took Nissan close to 30 years to move its US headquarters to Nashville from Los Angeles after building two big assembly plants in middle Tennessee!
    Jerry
  • BigslugBigslug Senior Member Posts: 8,500 Senior Member
    knitepoet wrote: »
    Ummm NO, part of uncle sugar's contract requires them to be built "here"

I know this. My question still stands.
    WWJMBD?

"Nothing is safe from stupid." - Zee
  • Vic's ViewpointVic's Viewpoint Senior Member Posts: 1,207 Senior Member
    Just to give you some idea of how sick, arrogant and cynical the Maryland State government is, the state representative
    for the district in which the Beretta plant was located actually voted for the bill that finally drove Beretta out of the state. He was quoted as saying words to the effect of, "If I can vote for SB281 [given my district], anyone can." Apparently the rest of the state
    government took his remarks to heart, and passed the bill. The whole thing stinks, really. Christ, I wish I could move. But I can't.
    Member formerly known as "vlafrank."
  • HvyMaxHvyMax Senior Member Posts: 1,786 Senior Member
    Sadly many of our legislators see this as a victory. Every year we have to show up and convince them to spare some of our "rights".
    Wal Mart where the discriminating white trash shop.
    Paddle faster!!! I hear banjos.
    Reason for editing: correcting my auto correct
  • bmlbml Senior Member Posts: 1,075 Senior Member
    There's a 640 acre site close to here that's being cleared for a manufacturer to build a 5.2 million sq. ft. plant on. There's no official word yet as to what kind of facility it's going to be....the people involved are playing their cards close to their vest. But rumor has it that it may be a firearm manufacturer, and there's a particular stupid Hinds County supervisor that doesn't like that idea. http://www.msnewsnow.com/story/26065879/hinds-co-supervisor-stokes-has-concerns-about-rezoning-norell-road-site
    He is just about as dumb as they come. A few months ago at a meeting, he got into a heated debate with somebody, and told them "Yo mama! Yo mama!" a couple of times. What a great leader he is.....

Myself, I hope it is a firearm company. S&W, Remington, Beretta, Colt, Glock, Springfield, Ruger, whomever. I just want to see Kenny Stokes' head explode.
    How many people would a 5.2 million square foot facility employ? That would be huge for Hinds County and Mississippi.....

Kinda off topic, but 5.2 million sq ft is HUGE. That is 120 ACRES under roof!!
    scottd wrote: »
    The milk of human kindness is often out dated and curdled.

This is like watching a bunch or **** trying to hump a door knob.....