Gun X-mas in July!

Mrs_ChiefMrs_Chief MemberPosts: 292 Member
Been awhile since I've had all my guns in one place (14 1/2 years) so finding them and getting them out is a treat.

My oldest brother spent the night with us and bought some ammo/brass/stuff from ALA to our FLA house for me and dropped it off on his way home from a visit to my niece/family on Sand Mountain to a more southerly part of FLA.

It saved me another round trip to Huntsville because my Subaru was packed my last trip.

So getting the guest room ready I dug out some of my rifles to show him, mostly antiques like my Martini Henry, Snider Conversion, two-band Tower Percussion and an Ishapore .308 Enfield (I kept one and sold one that belonged to my late middle brother) and an M-44 and Yugo 59/66 in mint condition I'd all but forgotten about.

Mrs Chief found my Colt Official Police .22 (low sn# under 200) and claimed it as "Hers" and said it "Felt Right" in her hand until I showed her my S&W model 63, that is. She is welcome to one or both and then some and we are both hopeful :angel2: her eye surgery she is having soon to remove scar tissue buildup from previous laser surgeries will improve her vision enough for her to really see good enough to enjoy range visits with me again soon!

Anyway getting re-acquainted with some old "Friends" :group: has been fun.

Many more to go :guns::guns:

Big Chief

Replies

• WeatherbyWeatherby Senior Member Posts: 4,741 Senior Member
    Pretty useless without pictures big guy.
    I hope her surgery goes great.

BTW just one of the colt will do for now
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 23,903 Senior Member
    :angel2:
    A Veteran is someone that served in the Military, it does not matter where they served.
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 10,727 Senior Member
    Just Prayed:angel2: for a successful result from surgery. I second that picture request.
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • Mrs_ChiefMrs_Chief Member Posts: 292 Member
    I have posted pics of most all of them before, but don't 'think they survived the archive loss/crash. maybe some after that. One day I'll get around to taking more pics.

BC

BTW just one of the colt will do for now[/QUOTE]
    OK, I got back to my Photobucket library.[IMG][/img]011908-guns005-1.jpg
    [IMG][/img]011908-guns003-1.jpg
    My .357s

AMT Automag III went to a Nephew. Top are an Enfield and Tower percussion from 1850s...69 or 76 caliber?????

[IMG][/img]marksblackberry137.jpg
    Grandads 38 top right. Colt Official police in .22 and S&W model 63.Oh, Comanche I traded a Heritage SA Rough Rider for and never fired.

[IMG][/img]marksblackberry140.jpg
    Snider Conversion and Martini Henry.

[IMG][/img]0504009.jpg

[IMG][/img]0504006.jpg
    I think my M-44 is in this next to a 91/59 Mosin Nagant

[IMG][/img]011908-guns006.jpg
    And this makes me laugh and maybe gag thunking of my last visit to an Oriental Buffet :yikes::rotflmao:

BC

[IMG][/img]thatwasntchicken.jpg
    Mrs_Chief wrote: »
    [IMG][/img]011908-guns003-1.jpg

Which one did you keep and what was different that made you keep it?
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
    CHIRO1989 wrote: »
    Which one did you keep and what was different that made you keep it?

I still have both the Enfields, a .303 and .308 Ishapore. I have a Comanche .22 revolver and traded a Heritage RR fer it.

I sold one Ishapore that belonged to my late brother for my nephew, but kept the one I've had for about 15 years now.
    I still have both the Enfields, a .303 and .308 Ishapore. I have a Comanche .22 revolver and traded a Heritage RR fer it.

I sold one Ishapore that belonged to my late brother for my nephew, but kept the one I've had for about 15 years now.

How did your Ishapore and your brothers compare? Any noticeable differences in the wear and tear?
    CHIRO1989 wrote: »
    How did your Ishapore and your brothers compare? Any noticeable differences in the wear and tear?

I honestly haven't fired my Ishapore .308 all that much, the Enfield .303 a lot more.

Side by side, I'd say the Enfields made in England/Canada are better built, but can't say why or pinpoint it.

The one I sold had an issue with stiff/stuck bolt when military surplus was fired. It fired my .308 reloads without any problems. Tight chamber??? The buyer got a good discount because of that.

Mine has had only military CAVIM surplus fired in it and it is slick as owl droppings to cycle the bolt and eject brass.

The Ishapores are accurate, just ask bullsi.
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 23,903 Senior Member
    You better find your password before you start wearing a dress like Klinger!!!!!!!2uge4p4.gif
    A Veteran is someone that served in the Military, it does not matter where they served.
  • timctimc Senior Member Posts: 6,583 Senior Member
    Been awhile since I've had all my guns in one place (14 1/2 years) so finding them and getting them out is a treat.

My oldest brother spent the night with us and bought some ammo/brass/stuff from ALA to our FLA house for me and dropped it off on his way home from a visit to my niece/family on Sand Mountain to a more southerly part of FLA.

It saved me another round trip to Huntsville because my Subaru was packed my last trip.

So getting the guest room ready I dug out some of my rifles to show him, mostly antiques like my Martini Henry, Snider Conversion, two-band Tower Percussion and an Ishapore .308 Enfield (I kept one and sold one that belonged to my late middle brother) and an M-44 and Yugo 59/66 in mint condition I'd all but forgotten about.

Mrs Chief found my Colt Official Police .22 (low sn# under 200) and claimed it as "Hers" and said it "Felt Right" in her hand until I showed her my S&W model 63, that is. She is welcome to one or both and then some and we are both hopeful :angel2: her eye surgery she is having soon to remove scar tissue buildup from previous laser surgeries will improve her vision enough for her to really see good enough to enjoy range visits with me again soon!

Anyway getting re-acquainted with some old "Friends" :group: has been fun.

Many more to go :guns::guns:

Big Chief

Glad all the family is together again, remember to give them equal time!
    timc - formerly known as timc on the last G&A forum and timc on the G&A forum before that and the G&A forum before that.....
    AKA: Former Founding Member
    timc wrote: »
    Glad all the family is together again, remember to give them equal time!

Oh, they will all get plenty of TLC. I may even get around to firing them antiques, or at least the Martini Henry .45/.577, the Snider Conversion is .577 caliber and ammo is harder to find. 120 bucks or so for MH ammo box of 20.