Home Main Category Second Amendment/Politics

Dr. saves lives and now the Media is out to get him.

JeeperJeeper Senior MemberPosts: 2,954 Senior Member
Wielding the Hammer of Thor first requires you to lift and carry the Hammer of Thor. - Bigslug

Replies

• bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 10,798 Senior Member
    They can probably fire him, since he violated their stupid no-gun policy, but he is alive and there's no telling how many others are, too. I hope he keeps his right to practice and moves to a gun-friendly location. If not, he is still better off than he would have been without the gun.
  • CaliFFLCaliFFL Senior Member Posts: 5,486 Senior Member
    The first headline I read was "Psych Patient Shoots Caseworker in Hospital". The DGU wasn't mentioned until the second paragraph. There was no kudos to the Dr. for stopping a massacre or even saving his own life. It was spun in a manner that made the Dr. look like he murdered his patient.

When our governing officials dismiss due process as mere semantics, when they exercise powers they don’t have and ignore duties they actually bear, and when we let them get away with it, we have ceased to be our own rulers.

Adam J. McCleod

• RazorbackerRazorbacker Senior Member Posts: 4,646 Senior Member
    CaliFFL wrote: »
    The first headline I read was "Psych Patient Shoots Caseworker in Hospital". The DGU wasn't mentioned until the second paragraph. There was no kudos to the Dr. for stopping a massacre or even saving his own life. It was spun in a manner that made the Dr. look like he murdered his patient.

I first heard about it on the radio news. The police spokesman was complimentary of the good guy and kept saying how he broke no laws. They also said the the nut used a revolver and had lots of extra ammo and that they believed he meant to shoot many people. He practically patted the good guy on the back. Didn't leave the ABC reporter much room for spin.
    Teach your children to love guns, they'll never be able to afford drugs
  • CaliFFLCaliFFL Senior Member Posts: 5,486 Senior Member
    I first heard about it on the radio news. The police spokesman was complimentary of the good guy and kept saying how he broke no laws. They also said the the nut used a revolver and had lots of extra ammo and that they believed he meant to shoot many people. He practically patted the good guy on the back. Didn't leave the ABC reporter much room for spin.

That's really good to hear. I read the report I mentioned on MSN.

ETA: Speaking of mainstream media spin:

Psychiatrists With Guns Likely More 'Harmful Than Helpful': Experts

Psychiatrists and mental health experts interviewed by NBC News didn’t see gun-toting doctors as a new trend. In fact, they said, guns really aren’t the best protection against a violent patient with severe mental illness.

How can they say that crap with a straight face?!?!?

http://www.nbcnews.com/health/health-news/psychiatrists-guns-likely-more-harmful-helpful-experts-n165286
    When our governing officials dismiss due process as mere semantics, when they exercise powers they don’t have and ignore duties they actually bear, and when we let them get away with it, we have ceased to be our own rulers.

Adam J. McCleod

• TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,428 Senior Member
    bisley wrote: »
    They can probably fire him, since he violated their stupid no-gun policy

That's OK, he's still alive to give them the one-fingered salute as he walks out the door! When there was a credible threat made against my students shortly after the Columbine shootings, I wore a pair of cowboy boots to school with an AMT Backup .45 in one, and a spare magazine in the other one.
    Jerry
  • JeeperJeeper Senior Member Posts: 2,954 Senior Member
    CaliFFL wrote: »
    That's really good to hear. I read the report I mentioned on MSN.

ETA: Speaking of mainstream media spin:

How can they say that crap with a straight face?!?!?

http://www.nbcnews.com/health/health-news/psychiatrists-guns-likely-more-harmful-helpful-experts-n165286

The same way they lie about everything else!

Luis
    Wielding the Hammer of Thor first requires you to lift and carry the Hammer of Thor. - Bigslug
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 22,394 Senior Member
    The Anti Gun left has gone totally Looney Tunes!
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 22,394 Senior Member
    No matter the misery they will no doubt put this doctor through, he seems to be going by the old adage, "It's better to be tried by 12 than carried by 6."
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • Gene LGene L Senior Member Posts: 12,080 Senior Member
    I don't do the MSM. I watch Fox, and there was no criticism there, just a question of whether he'd be in trouble for disregarding the hospital rules about carrying.
    Concealed carry is for protection, open carry is for attention.