New wheel gun

Farm Boy DeuceFarm Boy Deuce Senior MemberPosts: 6,083 Senior Member
This afternoon I was able to trade for a Smith and Wesson 681. Four inch barrel two sets of grips two speed loaders.
20140726_194929_zpsxemqcf0i.jpg
The best part is I was able to trade off a subpar 9mm, the worst part is I had to let go of my SKS.
This is my first S&W. The trigger is AWESOME! Balance is perfect. Someone had the barrel ported, it looks like Magna Porting.
I am afraid we forget sometime that the basic and simple things brings us the most pleasure.
Dad 5-31-13

Replies

• Elk creekElk creek Senior Member Posts: 5,766 Senior Member
    Nice smith! Should shoot great with the ports....... Never shoot with out earplugs!!!!!!
    Aim higher, or get a bigger gun.
  • Mrs_ChiefMrs_Chief Member Posts: 292 Member
    Congrats and enjoy your S&W :guns::guns:

BC
  • Farm Boy DeuceFarm Boy Deuce Senior Member Posts: 6,083 Senior Member
    cpj wrote: »
    What kind of 9mm?

An Arcus 98 DAC. It is a Bulgarian High Power copy with a DA/SA trigger. Pretty accurate pistol but it was never reliable enough to be a carry gun or a HD gun.
    I am afraid we forget sometime that the basic and simple things brings us the most pleasure.
    Dad 5-31-13
    Elk creek wrote: »
    Nice smith! Should shoot great with the ports....... Never shoot with out earplugs!!!!!!

My little brother thought he would be tough and shoot a cylinder full without ears. He did it but he looked dazed and confused afterwards.
    Dad 5-31-13
  • jbohiojbohio Senior Member Posts: 5,511 Senior Member
    Nice looking Smith! Well done.
  • timctimc Senior Member Posts: 6,684 Senior Member
    That is a sweet looking Smith! Don't worry about the SKS, those you can find anywhere.
    timc - formerly known as timc on the last G&A forum and timc on the G&A forum before that and the G&A forum before that.....
    AKA: Former Founding Member
  • coolgunguycoolgunguy Senior Member Posts: 6,503 Senior Member
    So, you traded a crappy hi-power knockoff and an SKS?!?

I hate you.:wink:

Can I bring you with the next time I'm buying/trading something?
    "Bipartisan" usually means that a bigger than normal deception is happening.
    George Carlin
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 19,018 Senior Member
    Nice :worthy:
    :yousuck:
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 10,731 Senior Member
    That's purty! I love that model, and the grips have just enough honest wear to give it character.
  • HvyMaxHvyMax Senior Member Posts: 1,786 Senior Member
    Really nice piece. Being rid of the Arcus was a good decision. I bought a stack of SKS's years ago for the price of an AR so they were always great trade fodder. Now that Shernic has their bullpup stock out I am glad I still have a few.
    Wal Mart where the discriminating white trash shop.
    Paddle faster!!! I hear banjos.
    Reason for editing: correcting my auto correct
    coolgunguy wrote: »
    So, you traded a crappy hi-power knockoff and an SKS?!?

I hate you.:wink:

Can I bring you with the next time I'm buying/trading something?

I promise that it usually does not go this well for me.
    Dad 5-31-13
    Thank you gentlemen. I hope to be able to slip away from the house long enough today to shoot a group or two. Maybe I will put the other stocks on it and see how they feel.
    Dad 5-31-13
  • HvyMaxHvyMax Senior Member Posts: 1,786 Senior Member
    Houge grips always seem to bring revolvers to my natural point of aim but YMMV.
    Wal Mart where the discriminating white trash shop.
    Paddle faster!!! I hear banjos.
    Reason for editing: correcting my auto correct
  • SlanteyedshootistSlanteyedshootist Senior Member Posts: 3,947 Senior Member
    Good trade. Fine score.
    The answer to 1984 is 1776
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 23,987 Senior Member
    :yousuck:
    A Veteran is someone that served in the Military, it does not matter where they served.
  • shootershooter Senior Member Posts: 1,186 Senior Member
    Very nice revolver. A 4" barreled L-frame is a great size for carrying & comfortably shooting magnum ammo.
    I have the 4" 686, which is the same gun with adjustable sights. You did well!
    There's no such thing as having too much ammo, unless you're on fire or trying to swim!
  • HAWKENHAWKEN Senior Member Posts: 1,688 Senior Member
    Nice trade. I like it! Robin
    I don't often talk to people that voted for Obama, but when I do I order large fries!
    Life member of the American Legion, the VFW, the NRA and the Masonic Lodge, retired LEO
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 26,188 Senior Member
    Looks like you got a good one! :up: That porting will make some interesting fireballs at dusk! :up: :up:
    You got the better end of the trade, IMO.
    If the U.S. Congress was put in charge of the Sahara Desert, there would be a shortage of sand in under six months.

tennmike wrote: »
    Looks like you got a good one! :up: That porting will make some interesting fireballs at dusk! :up: :up:
    You got the better end of the trade, IMO.

I am looking forward to some dusk shooting. I did get the better end of the deal.
    Dad 5-31-13
  • bobbyrlf3bobbyrlf3 Senior Member Posts: 2,467 Senior Member
    Nice grab. You suck!
    Knowledge is essential to living freely and fully; understanding gives knowledge purpose and strength; wisdom is combining the two and applying them appropriately in words and actions.
  • bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 9,773 Senior Member
    Very nice! Congrats!!
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov