Elk bugle tubes, how do you use the darn things?

calebibcalebib Senior MemberPosts: 1,701 Senior Member
My dad gave me a ELK Inc Royal Bugle elk call but I can't figure out how to use the damned thing. There are no downloadable instructions on their website and I can't find anything useful anywhere else. Can anybody point me in the right direction or offer some advice?


  • MileHighShooterMileHighShooter Senior Member Posts: 4,768 Senior Member
    diaphragm attached or just the plain ol' tube?

    youtube is your friend
    Wambli Ska wrote: »
    Once again, please refrain from cutting short any baseless totally emotional arguments with facts. It leads to boring, completely objective conversations well beyond the comprehension ability of many.
  • calebibcalebib Senior Member Posts: 1,701 Senior Member
    Diaphram. I looked on youtube and I can't find anything that actually shows you how to use it.
  • U TU T Member Posts: 405 Member
    I guess they want you to buy this video to learn it. To me, it really doesn't look like a diaphram call, but looks like more like reeds. A diaphram usually either goes in the roof of your mouth, or external ones are like a piece of thin rubber that goes over the end of a mouthpiece. It looks like this call uses rubber pieces like a reed and a mouth piece that slides in or out to change the tone, from what I can see. The web site doesn't help much, and am surprised there wasn't instructions with the call? I would call them!
Sign In or Register to comment.
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction


Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services


GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Guns & Ammo stories delivered right to your inbox every week.