Home Main Category Second Amendment/Politics

Homeland Security Agents Raid Home to Seize Land Rover For Violation of EPA Regulatio

Replies

• Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 11,390 Senior Member
    Check out the comments. Some of those are even scarrier than the article.

Starts with its Bushes fault. He started Homeland Security. Well, that is true, he did start it after 911, but if it was so bad then why did the current administration not stop/defund it? Its only been 1 3/4 terms so far. Seems funny to me that things have gotten more militant like in the last mmm 6 years or so?
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 13,565 Senior Member
    Infowars? Really? That article's about as biased as can be.

BTW, it's not over the EPA regs: it has a possibly altered VIN number and may have been brought in under false pretenses. Edited to add: DHS also includes Customs and the Transportation Safety Authority, both of whom would probably have a hand in enforcing some of the violated regulations.
    Overkill is underrated.
  • Mrs_ChiefMrs_Chief Member Posts: 292 Member
    Infowars? Really? That article's about as biased as can be.

BTW, it's not over the EPA regs: it has a possibly altered VIN number and may have been brought in under false pretenses. Edited to add: DHS also includes Customs and the Transportation Safety Authority, both of whom would probably have a hand in enforcing some of the violated regulations.

Yes, my God an altered VIN.....call in the drones and black helicopters. I think the intent was to stop Weapons/materials of Mass Destruction, not something as silly as an altered VIN.

The entire DHS along with other agencies needs to be reevaluated, restructured/combined or done away with. BC

BTW, I'm not debating that Infowars screams Chicken Little The Sky is Falling, but it did happen and had a link to a regular news channel who reported it. I do feel sorry for the suckers who purchased the vehicle, though.
  • JasonMPDJasonMPD Senior Member Posts: 6,557 Senior Member
    Regardless of this article in particular, this is why I will never go to federal law enforcement.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk
    “There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.” – Will Rogers
    Mrs_Chief wrote: »
    Yes, my God an altered VIN.....call in the drones and black helicopters. I think the intent was to stop Weapons/materials of Mass Destruction, not something as silly as an altered VIN.

The entire DHS along with other agencies needs to be reevaluated, restructured/combined or done away with. BC

BTW, I'm not debating that Infowars screams Chicken Little The Sky is Falling, but it did happen and had a link to a regular news channel who reported it. I do feel sorry for the suckers who purchased the vehicle, though.
    No, I think that Customs and TSA are set up to make sure that we don't have stuff imported illegally or that the vehicles we buy comply with standards. The enforcement officers who do this work just happen to be part of the group tasked with DHS. Same as Border Patrol agents and NOAA fisheries. Even some state agencies that are doing port security are doing it under DHS authority. So if they arrest you, detain you, or do an inspection... it's "Homeland Security" doing the work, at least according to the media. They don't have to report all the truth, just some of it. And I don't believe the local media, either. That piece was clearly done to get people worked up.

As for the folks who purchased the vehicle, they had the best advice: make sure your VIN numbers match and that you can get a clean title.
    Overkill is underrated.
    Yes, Customs, but don't you think they overdid it with that raid from DHS? OK, they fall under DHS now and yes drugs/ illegal counterfeit products and so forth should be intercepted by them.

Of course, the local news overdid it it with a lets scare the :fan: outta folks and keep their viewership up.

Ha, Border Patrol you say....they won't let them do their job.

BC
    My point is.... if a Customs officer shows up, because he's part of DHS... it'll be labelled a DHS raid by some in the media because of what's on their patch. We don't really know how the officers rolled up, do we? Maybe they were dressed in all black because that's their uniform. Maybe it wasn't even a "raid." We don't really know because the media that's been reporting it (including the original station) are all blowing it up to some degree.

us_999219c.jpg
    Overkill is underrated.
    Well, I hope I never see any of them at my house for any reason. BC
  • SlanteyedshootistSlanteyedshootist Senior Member Posts: 3,947 Senior Member
    Yep, those scary folks who bought the Land Rover look like domestic terrorists bent on destroying our air quality to bring down the country.:roll::uhm:
    The answer to 1984 is 1776
  • FisheadgibFisheadgib Senior Member Posts: 5,797 Senior Member
    I'm kinda curious as to how the vehicle got into the country in the first place. I've had several friends that bought vehicles overseas while in the military and shipped them back. The vehicles were always impounded until they were inspected and found compliant with the law. I even went to New Orleans with a friend to change the headlight and turn signals on a Honda CB750 that he bought overseas that came with lights that didn't meet the US standards. One friend of mine tried unsuccessfully to tag an RG500 motorcycle that he bought in Canada and brought back but he had to do a bit of paperwork stating that it was to be used for racing purposes only. It appears that these people had registered and driven the land rover for around a year before the government did this.
    snake284 wrote: »
    For my point of view, cpj is a lot like me
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,457 Senior Member
    The Reichland Gestapo Security needed a new high end 4WD vehicle for cruising around in and saw an opportunity to get one for free. Nothing to see here; move along, move along. :tooth:
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
  • Fat BillyFat Billy Senior Member Posts: 1,813 Senior Member
    Might have had an open recall! :banned: Later,
    Fat Billy

Recoil is how you know primer ignition is complete.
  • jaywaptijaywapti Senior Member Posts: 4,981 Senior Member
    Mrs_Chief wrote: »
    The entire DHS along with other agencies needs to be done away with. BC QUOTE]

FIFY

JAY
    THE DEFINITION OF GUN CONTROL IS HITTING THE TARGET WITH YOUR FIRST SHOT
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    Sorta reminds me the so called "Czars" several POTUS have used.

Why put something that already has an agency or falls under a cabinet position under another, it the agency/heads ain't doing their job fire them. I can see consolidation in certain functions, but they are usually redundant positions which create their own little empires and keep growing like a Goberment Cancer......
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,457 Senior Member
    What I get from it is that the **** government goons confiscated private property without a trial(asset forfeiture). They seize your property as being guilty, and you have to go to court to prove your property is innocent. I hope they get their vehicle back, and it's a freakin' shame that the worthless pieces of excrement that took it can't then be charged with grand theft auto. All the alphabet soup government agencies are turning into little gestapos that would make Hitler have a 5 hour orgasm.
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams