REALLY??? Bianchi too?

knitepoetknitepoet Senior MemberPosts: 18,841 Senior Member
Bought this Bianchi 5BH leather holster for my 4" 686 earlier this month.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0000C52W8/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
It's been "okay", still needing to get a little more broken in though. While I was threading it on my belt today, before I went up to where I hunt to do some work, I noticed "Made in Mexico" stamped on it by the belt loop :roll:

When did Bianchi move their manufacturing to Mexico?
Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

Replies

• breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 13,099 Senior Member
    Googling "Bianchi holsters made in Mexico" turns up threads from 2009, so at least 5 years. On the other hand, John Bianchi hasn't owned the company for a while...
    Overkill is underrated.
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 18,841 Senior Member
    Well, the last Bianchi I bought was for my 6" 686 (Lined version) and it was made here. Don't keep up with them, so didn't realize they'd moved south of the border :tissue:
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

It's unfortunate, I agree.
    Overkill is underrated.
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 15,047 Senior Member
    I was looking at a pair of boots the other day...made in Mexico $160.00...the exact same pair made by the same company made in the USA...$600.00....I like to buy American but there are limits....
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 18,841 Senior Member
    JH, I don't know about leather goods, but I know Mexico is only SLIGHTLY better than China in the quality of some other things

• RazorbackerRazorbacker Senior Member Posts: 4,646 Senior Member
    Googling "Bianchi holsters made in Mexico" turns up threads from 2009, so at least 5 years. On the other hand, John Bianchi hasn't owned the company for a while...

Always with the Google-fu with this guy. Could you please just let us be blindly indignant? At least once? We could go on for pages you know. It's great good fun, to, too. two. tu.
    Teach your children to love guns, they'll never be able to afford drugs
  • ZeeZee Senior Member Posts: 20,597 Senior Member
    Always with the Google-fu with this guy. Could you please just let us be blindly indignant? At least once? We could go on for pages you know. It's great good fun, to, too. two. tu.

He a good Search Monkey.
    "To Hell with efficiency, it's performance we want!" - Elmer Keith
  • Farm Boy DeuceFarm Boy Deuce Senior Member Posts: 6,083 Senior Member
    Zee wrote: »
    He a good Search Monkey.

What about a trunk monkey?
    I am afraid we forget sometime that the basic and simple things brings us the most pleasure.
    Dad 5-31-13
  • ZeeZee Senior Member Posts: 20,597 Senior Member
    What about a trunk monkey?

A little tall for that.
    "To Hell with efficiency, it's performance we want!" - Elmer Keith
  • 5280 shooter II5280 shooter II Senior Member Posts: 3,923 Senior Member
    Because Paul costs $15 an hour with benefits........and Paulo costs $5 an hour w/o.......Heck.........the leather's probably cheaper down there too!
    God show's mercy on drunks and dumb animals.........two outa three ain't a bad score!
    Worry I've read about is with the leather: what's it really tanned with, and do you want that against your firearm? Bianchi I would think would do it right.

Other folks.... who knows?
    Overkill is underrated.
  • Mrs_ChiefMrs_Chief Member Posts: 292 Member
    Silly boys, the answer is obvious......Mexican made holsters are sub-par because they don't use them much and carry "Mexican Style" sans holsters, thus not much experience making good ones. :tooth: BC
  • shootbrownelkshootbrownelk Senior Member Posts: 2,025 Senior Member
    It's unfortunate, I agree.

I wonder if Jim Scouten will be reporting on the "Bianchi Cup" from Mexico? The "bean counters" are at it again, is nothing sacred?
  • jaywaptijaywapti Senior Member Posts: 4,517 Senior Member
    Yeah the one I got 3 mos. ago for the .44spc. was made in Mexico.

JAY
    THE DEFINITION OF GUN CONTROL IS HITTING THE TARGET WITH YOUR FIRST SHOT
  • JeeperJeeper Senior Member Posts: 2,952 Senior Member
    The answer is Mernickle Holsters. Made here with quality leather and priced very fairly. I own two of theirs now, and am very happy with both.

Luis
    Wielding the Hammer of Thor first requires you to lift and carry the Hammer of Thor. - Bigslug
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 19,551 Senior Member
    knitepoet wrote: »
    JH, I don't know about leather goods, but I know Mexico is only SLIGHTLY better than China in the quality of some other things
    Better than "Hecho en China" for sure!
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."