Middle of the summer EDC thread.

EliEli Senior MemberPosts: 3,074 Senior Member
Since I forgot to do one of these at the beginning of the summer, and since if you're going to get complacent, it's happened by now....

What'cha carrying?

Just came in and threw everything I had on me on the counter, and I've noticed that yes, complacency has definitely set in.
I usually carry two spare mags, but that second one gets heavy after a while. I usually carry two knives, but that second one get irritating, constantly riding clipped to my back pocket.

msedc.jpg

This is everything that was on me today, with the exception of my silicone bracelet (forgot to take it off) and the cell phone that I took the picture with (Galaxy S5).

Maxpedition Spartan Wallet.
Oakley Garage Rock sunglasses.
Benchmade Mini Barrage knife.
Burt's Beez Wax chapstick.
Surefire/VTac L4 light, running a Universal ClipDraw.
Citizen EcoDrive Military watch.
Spare 17 round mag, riding in a US Grunt Gear pouch.
Keys with a Germber Micro Multitool.
Glock 17A wearing an Inforce APL, riding in a Light Bearing IWB from RDR Custom Kydex.
All of it held up by a 1.5" gunbelt from Armour Belts.....seriously guys, check them out.....probably the best value on the market.

http://www.armourbelts.com/

Replies

• EliEli Senior Member Posts: 3,074 Senior Member
    Here's the gun and light, out of the holster.

2kg3.jpg
  • JasonMPDJasonMPD Senior Member Posts: 6,102 Senior Member
    Eli wrote: »
    Since I forgot to do one of these at the beginning of the summer, and since if you're going to get complacent, it's happened by now....

What'cha carrying?

Just came in and threw everything I had on me on the counter, and I've noticed that yes, complacency has definitely set in.
    I usually carry two spare mags, but that second one gets heavy after a while. I usually carry two knives, but that second one get irritating, constantly riding clipped to my back pocket.

msedc.jpg

This is everything that was on me today, with the exception of my silicone bracelet (forgot to take it off) and the cell phone that I took the picture with (Galaxy S5).

Maxpedition Spartan Wallet.
    Oakley Garage Rock sunglasses.
    Benchmade Mini Barrage knife.
    Burt's Beez Wax chapstick.
    Surefire/VTac L4 light, running a Universal ClipDraw.
    Citizen EcoDrive Military watch.
    Spare 17 round mag, riding in a US Grunt Gear pouch.
    Keys with a Germber Micro Multitool.
    Glock 17A wearing an Inforce APL, riding in a Light Bearing IWB from RDR Custom Kydex.
    All of it held up by a 1.5" gunbelt from Armour Belts.....seriously guys, check them out.....probably the best value on the market.

http://www.armourbelts.com/

1. S&W Shield 9mm (extra mag sometimes)
    2. SOG auto knife
    3. Belts of varied types

Non-EDC things...

1. Oakley titanium Crosshair 2.0
    2. Casio G-shock or Tissot T-touch
    3. Running shoes... Sandals are a tactical retardation if worn

Oh and my "go **** yourself liberals" swag...

u3uqyny2.jpg

upude9y5.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk
    “There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.” – Will Rogers
  • ZeeZee Senior Member Posts: 20,564 Senior Member
    EDC: Normal Life
    Handgun (various)
    1-2 spare mags/reload
    2-3 knives
    G2
    SERE Kit (small)

Only thing that varies is the 2nd mag, 3rd knife or G2.
    "To Hell with efficiency, it's performance we want!" - Elmer Keith
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 23,903 Senior Member
    Same as always

attachment.php?attachmentid=2762&d=1354846618
    A Veteran is someone that served in the Military, it does not matter where they served.
  • horselipshorselips Senior Member Posts: 3,624 Senior Member
    Wallet, watch, phone, reading glasses, keys, pen, NAA Mini Revolver. No knife, no extra ammunition, no flashlight. Commando (TMI?). Sometimes I don't bother with the pen or watch (there's a clock on the phone).
    You guys suck at the whole "picture thread" thing.

Except for Ned.....Ned wins the internets for today!
    Eli wrote: »
    You guys suck at the whole "picture thread" thing.

Except for Ned.....Ned wins the internets for today!

My guns vary. My method of carry carries. Even my knives vary in occasion. To many variables to photograph.
    Zee wrote: »
    My guns vary. My method of carry carries. Even my knives vary in occasion. To many variables to photograph.

Eli wrote:

Don't make it difficult there Desert Princess, it ain't a math problem. :wink:
  • USUFBUSUFB Senior Member Posts: 830 Senior Member
    Here's my typical EDC.

Springfield Armory XD40 w/ one spare mag
    Galco King Tuk
    Flip phone (probably one of the only people my age who still uses one)
    5.11 Trainer belt. First carry belt I bought when I got my CHL. It works pretty well, and is stiff enough to support the gear I carry around my waist (just the gun).

I don't have a picture of my knife. Just a cheap S&W branded folder. I think I picked it up at a gun shop for $15-$20. I'll probably upgrade that to a Kershaw or Benchmade one of these days.

Eli, thanks for posting that link. I remember it from another thread, but forgot to save it.

ETA: This isn't just my summer EDC. It's my all year EDC.
    EDC.jpg 81.5K
    Sometimes, I lie awake in bed at night wondering "Why the heck can't I fall asleep?"
    NRA Life Member
  • 1965Jeff1965Jeff Senior Member Posts: 1,597 Senior Member
    Kahr CW-9 , spare mag bianchi IWB holster with kershaw knife. Question for Eli- what sights is your Glock wearing? I am considering replacing the sights on the 21 I just bought, but have not committed to any yet. Thanks.
    cpj wrote: »
    Some mint flavored Chapstick.............. Attachment not found.

Mint, huh?

must..........resist...........
  • jbp-ohiojbp-ohio Senior Member Posts: 9,462 Senior Member
    DSC01766_zpscbbbe32e.jpg

Crappy Razor M
    Swiss thin wallet
    CRKT M16 for GTFOM
    Gerber EAB for cuttin stuff
    Surefire EB1 Backup
    Nail clippers
    Wild Bill's Concealment belt (gotta be near 10 years old)

No gun today. Not even allowed to have it in the car at work......... :mad:
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." Thomas Jefferson
    1965Jeff wrote: »
    ...what sights is your Glock wearing?

10-8 Performance .156" width rear.

Orange Ameriglo ProGlo .220" height front.
  • timctimc Senior Member Posts: 6,583 Senior Member
    My usual summer dress; A nice baggy shirt, preferably Hawaiian, A pair of shorts, sandals, flip-flops or tennis shoes and the following accessories...
    The pistol is a LW Champion Operator made by Springfield, the holster is a bare skin by High Noon Holster, the knife is made by Boker, The Nugget ring with $2.5 gold piece made by my late father, the wedding ring bought by the wife, my 30 years of service gold watch from work, cell phone and spare mag loaded with 185 grain Golden Sabers. I'm good for what the day brings!
    AED1E9BF-4D1F-4F5D-BBE3-7C85268BA1CD_zpsjz4v8eff.jpg
    timc - formerly known as timc on the last G&A forum and timc on the G&A forum before that and the G&A forum before that.....
    AKA: Former Founding Member
  • breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 13,051 Senior Member
    I've changed things up since the last thread. My 1911 wears Strike Industries grips, I'm carrying a Gerber Mini Covert instead of a CRKT Mini My Tighe, and the cell phone is now a cheap flip phone because... water.

e0bedf1c-ff7b-4f5a-9549-587244b0db53_zps5589f41a.jpg
    Overkill is underrated.
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 21,803 Senior Member
    I'm not entirely sure what EDC stands for but then again, I never was great with acronyms. But I assume this is what you carry on an average day in the field.
    in
    I carry either my .357 S&W 586 or my Springfield Armory SS 45 ACP strapped to my belt in their appropriate holster with a speed loader or in the case of the 45 a spare mag. a Kershaw Folding knife strapped to my belt, a small mag light strapped to my belt, some mosquito repellant pads, snake bite kit, garlic pods (Great scent blockers since garlic grows wild down here), and that's about it for a morning or afternoon hunt. If I'm going out for a day, I have a small back pack that I'll put some chocolate bars, an orange or two, or an apple or two, a couple a bottles of water, and a roll of toilet paper. I just take bare essentials usually. If one of my rifles is along, it has a bandoleer on the butt stock that holds 9 rounds. I don't carry any more ammo than that. I figure 12-14 rounds total for my hand gun, depending on which gun I take, and 9 for the long gun is plenty to kill all I'll have an opportunity at. I like the bandoleer on the butt stock of the rifle. I can keep up with my rounds. I only take those nine and I can look at my bandoleer and see what i've got in the rifle. Keeping a visual inventory insures nothing sneaks into the rifle without me knowing about it. It's a good safety measure. It's sort of the same thing with the hand guns. I know I've got six rounds in the Revolver's cylinder, and six rounds in the speed loader. So I can look and know what I've got. With the 45, I know I have 7 rounds in one magazine and 6 in the other. That's the max I can get in either mag. So I know where all my rounds are and I know how many I start out with. This inventory of ammo really pays off when you get back in the truck and go home. You know what you have and you know what you need to account for.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
    Snake, EDC is every day carry. Concealed carry, not what you take into the field. Unless the streets of Port Lavaca are meaner than I thought.
    Sometimes, I lie awake in bed at night wondering "Why the heck can't I fall asleep?"
    NRA Life Member
    USUFB wrote: »
    Snake, EDC is every day carry. Concealed carry, not what you take into the field. Unless the streets of Port Lavaca are meaner than I thought.

Well, you never know. Did you read Jayhawker's thread about seeing a coyote going down main street with a house cat in it's mouth? You just can't be too careful.....:jester::jester::jester:
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,985 Senior Member
    NN wrote: »
    Same as always

attachment.php?attachmentid=2762&d=1354846618

Friends don't let friends wear Ford Jim Jams or are those Ninja pants? :tooth:
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 23,903 Senior Member
    Their ninja and this will be my EDC today as we are going to the commissary shortly.
    A Veteran is someone that served in the Military, it does not matter where they served.
  • bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 10,552 Senior Member
    Since retiring, I carry a Benchmade Griptilian in my pocket and a GP-100 in the truck, unless I'm going out at night (rare).
    Man alive, Ned's lookin' good there for sure! I love the scoped sword. With something like that now even us old guys can hit the mark.
    Anyway, all silliness aside, well most of it, I can get down to real business and answer Eli's question.
    OK For everyday carry, right now I am briefly without carry permit. But since my old childhood friend is now doing Concealed Handgun Carry classes for the state, I plan to get it again soon. But when I carry everyday, it's only the hand gun in the pocket. that's it
    I usually don't even carry a knife
    not unless I'm hunting. All I carry is the gun and the mag that's in it. whatever that gives me in shots is it
    that's all. I like things simple.

Edited to Add: I forgot since this is a gun forum the gun I will carry is important. I have a SS Springfield Armory 1911-A1 45 ACP. I can carry that if I need to, but normally I would carry my S&W Model 469 9mm. It's not so big and it holds 12 rounds in the magazine and I can put one more in the chamber making 13. That's fairly high capacity and the gun just fits me really nice for a carry weapon. It's not something I'd use in a match, but for self defense distances it is plenty accurate.
    jbp-ohio wrote: »
    DSC01766_zpscbbbe32e.jpg

Crappy Razor M
    Swiss thin wallet
    CRKT M16 for GTFOM
    Gerber EAB for cuttin stuff
    Surefire EB1 Backup
    Nail clippers
    Wild Bill's Concealment belt (gotta be near 10 years old)

No gun today. Not even allowed to have it in the car at work......... :mad:

So? Do they randomly search cars?

Pack heat yourself or get burned by someone else's.

“There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.” – Will Rogers
    USUFB wrote: »

What if you're a rancher (we have some here) or land owner and your EDC is something you carry OWB?

This is my typical summer EDC CCW setup:

1. SW Shield 9mm, stock, 8rnd mag
    2. Blade-Tech Klipt IWB holster
    3. SOG auto knife
    4. Buck folder (for utility work)
    5. Wallet housing my badge... So not thin.

Belts vary... 5.11, Cobra, etc. All 1.75" though. su3umase.jpg

• jbp-ohiojbp-ohio Senior Member Posts: 9,462 Senior Member
    JasonMPD wrote: »
    So? Do they randomly search cars?

Pack heat yourself or get burned by someone else's.

At least once......
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." Thomas Jefferson
  • justin10mmjustin10mm Senior Member Posts: 688 Senior Member
    Interesting that so many carry two knives. I've never been a big knife carrier, I just don't need one all that often and I don't like having something heavy in the bottom of my pocket. That said, now that I've had to start wearing a belt because of the weight loss I've been carrying a Kershaw Mini Skinner in its leather sheath. I don't have a permit but around the ranch most of the time I'm carrying the Glock 20 in a homemade pocket holster.
    justin10mm wrote: »
    Interesting that so many carry two knives. I've never been a big knife carrier, I just don't need one all that often and I don't like having something heavy in the bottom of my pocket. That said, now that I've had to start wearing a belt because of the weight loss I've been carrying a Kershaw Mini Skinner in its leather sheath. I don't have a permit but around the ranch most of the time I'm carrying the Glock 20 in a homemade pocket holster.

Dang dude, how big are your pockets? I have a G20, no way I'd carry it that way.
    NRA Life Member
    justin10mm wrote: »
    Interesting that so many carry two knives.

One defensive and one utility.

Defensive knife goes on the support side. Utility knife goes one primary side. The defensive knife is a sole purpose tool and therefore never dull. The utility knife is a dual purpose tool.

Neither are in the bottom of a pocket, but rather utilize a clip to ride just inside the pocket.

The old adage, "Two is one and one is none" applies here.
  • justin10mmjustin10mm Senior Member Posts: 688 Senior Member
    Pocket clip carry never worked for me. Seems like something would always snag the clip and yank it out never to be seen again.