Home Main Category Second Amendment/Politics

Aren't guns banned for civilians in China?

AntonioAntonio Senior MemberPosts: 2,859 Senior Member
If so, can someone explain me how and why this murderous attack against Chinese river police ever happened?

http://edition.cnn.com/2011/10/10/world/asia/mekong-chinese-murders/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

I smell capitalist war-mongers lies to discredit the People's revolution, since gun-control advocates had clearly stated many times that a society without guns is a peaceful, violent crime-free society. Same lies regarding other peaceful countries where civilian gun ownership is severely restricted like Mexico, Colombia, Brazil, Venezuela and Argentina.

Replies

• scottdscottd Member Posts: 87 Member
    Bad guys will always get their hands on guns. That's why they are the bad guys.
  • DoctorWhoDoctorWho Senior Member Posts: 9,496 Senior Member
    "Mexico"

Funny thing Mexico, they only take firearms away from everyday citizens, not violent criminals persay or drug cartels.
    "There is some evil in all of us, Doctor, even you, the Valeyard is an amalgamation of the darker sides of your nature, somewhere between your twelfth and final incarnation, and I may say, you do not improve with age. Founding member of the G&A forum since 1996
  • BufordBuford Senior Member Posts: 6,721 Senior Member
    DoctorWho wrote: »
    "Mexico"

Funny thing Mexico, they only take firearms away from everyday citizens, not violent criminals persay or drug cartels.

Well things have been allowed to get so out of control in Mexico what are you to do. When the bad guys come in and take out the police officers and run the Chief out of town. Whats left but to unharness the military and let them take em out.
    Just look at the flowers Lizzie, just look at the flowers.
  • bruchibruchi Senior Member Posts: 2,581 Senior Member
    Mexico is another country with severe gun laws where getting an illegal gun is incredibly easy, same goes for the Dominican Republic and many others, think Brazil fits in there too. What this governments create by making gun laws so tough is a thriving illegal gun business. Plenty of criminals in NY, Boston, Washington DC, Illinois, California and so on have no problem whatsoever getting guns.
    If this post is non welcomed, I can always give you a recipe for making "tostones".
  • mkk41mkk41 Banned Posts: 1,932 Senior Member
    I'm betting it was Bush & Cheney's fault.
  • PFDPFD Senior Member Posts: 1,533 Senior Member
    "Chiang Rai police colonel Popkorn Khuncharoensuk told CNN that the two ships were raided by a joint task force of army, marine police, local police and paramilitary following the attack, and found almost one million amphetamines on the vessels"

"I can't rule out all possibilities, but initially there appears to be drugs involved," Popkorn said.

Is Popkorn Chinese for "Barney Fife"?
    That's all I got.

Paul
  • robert38-55robert38-55 Senior Member Posts: 3,621 Senior Member
    bruchi wrote: »
    Mexico is another country with severe gun laws where getting an illegal gun is incredibly easy, same goes for the Dominican Republic and many others, think Brazil fits in there too. What this governments create by making gun laws so tough is a thriving illegal gun business. Plenty of criminals in NY, Boston, Washington DC, Illinois, California and so on have no problem whatsoever getting guns.

..... And this is exactly where America is headed and has been headed toward for quite sometime now.... ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    "It is what it is":usa: