Home Main Category Hunting

Your (realistic) dream hunt?

2»

Replies

• RazorbackerRazorbacker Senior Member Posts: 4,646 Senior Member
    A while back on one of the cable hunting shows I saw a hunt where you stayed on a big, nice boat on some river. You could fish if you wanted. But mean time a guide would take you each morning in a smaller boat, hoping for a spot and stalk hunt for Black bear. I think with my health the way it is I could do this.
    However if I can continue my rehab back to a reasonable state of fitness, I'd like to take my wife on a Western horseback hunt.
    Teach your children to love guns, they'll never be able to afford drugs
  • MileHighShooterMileHighShooter Senior Member Posts: 4,871 Senior Member
    I saw a segment last weekend like that. Black bear, fishing, sight seeing, all on a boat. Very cool, great way to hunt alaska
    Wambli Ska wrote: »
    Once again, please refrain from cutting short any baseless totally emotional arguments with facts. It leads to boring, completely objective conversations well beyond the comprehension ability of many.
  • bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 10,798 Senior Member
    I'm past dreaming about hunting dangerous or exotic game. My dream would be living somewhere that I could walk out my back door and be hunting anything from squirrels to deer and hogs, within ten minutes walking time.
  • pardogpardog Member Posts: 423 Member
    I've got 15 bonus points for a local trophy elk unit that I know very well. One day I will draw. Africa and Alaska are definitely on the bucket list but the op asked for realistic.
  • Pelagic KayakerPelagic Kayaker Banned Posts: 1,503 Senior Member
    Shortly after my military service I got to work at a cattle ranch in Northern Arizona. Got all my "dream" hunts in the bag, ...more or less anyway. I would like to hunt Cape Buffalo someday but, like you, my knees are shot to hell ...jumped out of too many airplanes. These days I just relax and go yak fishing or fly fish the Sierra.
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 22,394 Senior Member
    Actually, to me nowadays, Any kind of good hunt is a dream hunt, as long as it's safe. I'm no game hog and I do try to play by the rules, but I won't kid you and tell you it's more about getting outdoors. When I go hunting specifically, it's not about just being out of doors. I can go out doors in plenty of places. I can go to the game reserve here at Austwell or the many Wildlife Management Areas around the state and glass deer and other game and take plenty of pictures, and sometimes I do. But if i specifically go hunting I go hunting to kill something. I love to hunt. If I go deer hunting I want to kill deer, hog hunting to kill hogs, or squirrel hunting I want to kill me some squirrel. I'm not going there just to take pictures or be in the outdoors, Hell I damn near live outdoors. If I say I'm going hunting, I'm going with the purpose of hunting and bagging game.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • Grizz1219Grizz1219 Member Posts: 424 Member
    Red Stag and Tahr in New Zealand... Another trip to Africa as well...
  • HAWKENHAWKEN Senior Member Posts: 1,720 Senior Member
    I think I may have all ready had mine, a couple of years ago I got to go hunt doves in Argentina. I killed 3000 doves in a week, and came home with a purple shoulder, and a grin that stayed for a month. I left home in early August and was not aware that when it is Summer here, it is Winter in South America. I could/should have taken warmer clothes. Other than that, I live in a place that has deer, squirrels, rabbits, wild turkeys, doves, and quail right out my back door. What more could I ask? Keep yer powder dry.......Robin
    I don't often talk to people that voted for Obama, but when I do I order large fries!
    Life member of the American Legion, the VFW, the NRA and the Masonic Lodge, retired LEO