Why shoot a person with a knife

2»

Replies

• Gene LGene L Senior Member Posts: 10,233 Senior Member
    It's called "the 21-foot rule."
    Not too many problems you can't fix
    With a 1911 and a 30-06
  • LMLarsenLMLarsen Senior Member Posts: 8,337 Senior Member
    I think that exercise is called the Tueller Drill? After the instructor that came up with it.
    “A gun is a tool, no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.”

NRA Endowment Member
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 19,592 Senior Member
    Buford wrote: »
    Facebook and written text. It must be true. Facebook, really?

Exactly. Ruins any possible credibility as far as I'm concerned. Like Snake, I'm still figuring out how you shoot somebody with a knife - where's the trigger and how do you load one? :roll2:
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 15,055 Senior Member
    snake284 wrote: »
    "Why shoot a person with a knife?"

Man I MUST be slow. I'm still sitting here trying to figure out how to shoot a knife. I own at least 8 knifes and not one of them has a trigger OR a hammer, and even if I could find the trigger or the hammer, I have no clue what kind of ammo to feed it.

:tooth:

The Soviets made a "ballistic knife"spring loaded thing that would discharge the blade quite forcefully and with a fair degree of short range accuracy...
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
  • john9001john9001 Senior Member Posts: 668 Senior Member
    The Russians make all kinds of things, they once made a giant boatplane, it was not a good boat or a good plane.
  • bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 9,728 Senior Member
    zorba wrote: »
    Exactly. Ruins any possible credibility as far as I'm concerned. Like Snake, I'm still figuring out how you shoot somebody with a knife - where's the trigger and how do you load one? :roll2:

You could use a GRAD knife.
    http://www.guns.com/2015/12/01/the-grad-knife-gun/

It looks like an M6 Bayonet had intimate relations with an NAA Mini Revolver, and 9 months later, the GRAD knife popped out
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 15,055 Senior Member
    john9001 wrote: »
    The Russians make all kinds of things, they once made a giant boatplane, it was not a good boat or a good plane.

It was a SPETSNAZ thing...
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
  • earlyearly Senior Member Posts: 4,950 Senior Member
    Im currently reading a book about Jack the Ripper. The Whitechapel murders are most assuredly very lethal and traggic business. Knives are lethal weapons indeed.
    My thoughts are generally clear. My typing, not so much.