Home Main Category General Firearms

.22 LR ammo available at Midway

twatwa Senior MemberPosts: 2,245 Senior Member
$10 a freaking box? Remember less than a $1 a box in the not too distant past? Look like the good old days are gone forever.

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/2577315741/product?cm_mmc=pe_weekly-_-availablenow-_-sk_20140827_1-_-AdBlock01

Replies

• NNNN Senior Member NCPosts: 25,221 Senior Member
    Match ammo by the 50 rnd box is usually more expensive than that.
  • twatwa Senior Member Posts: 2,245 Senior Member
    That's ridiculous. :bang:
  • breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Living in a van, down by the river.Posts: 14,033 Senior Member
    Not really. As NN pointed out... it's match ammo.
    I'm just here for snark.
  • twatwa Senior Member Posts: 2,245 Senior Member
    Glad I don't have any matches shooting a .22. Match / Snatch it's still a .22. :tooth:
  • NNNN Senior Member NCPosts: 25,221 Senior Member
    I saw a candle shoot a .22lr
  • wddodgewddodge Senior Member Northwest OhioPosts: 1,150 Senior Member
    NN wrote: »
    Match ammo by the 50 rnd box is usually more expensive than that.

For the good stuff that is true but SK is usually considered entry level or a step above. Before this craze that brick could be picked up for $35-$40.

One of my Kimber G82s shoots Wolf Match Target much better than I ever could. I was getting bricks of Wolf for $35-$45 till the craze hit. Last year I shot the Remington from the CMP store because that's all I had. Maybe I got lucky and had a good year or that 2 cent/shot ammo was better than I hoped for cause my average was 21 points higher than the year before.

I found a brick of the Wolf a month ago for the cheap sum of $80. I just can't get myself to pay that much for Wolff.

Denny

Denny
    Participating in a gun buy back program because you think that criminals have too many guns is like having yourself castrated because you think your neighbors have too many kids.... Clint Eastwood
  • 41magnut41magnut Senior Member The Giant Side Of TexasPosts: 1,303 Senior Member
    Since I have not been able to find 22LR match ammo except Ely @ more than I've been willing to pay. I considered $9.80 an acceptable price, especially considering I opened my last brick of match ammo not long ago.

The price for Wolf match ammo before the current situation was $4.95-5.25 and Match Extra was about $7.50-8.50.
    I consider the SK to be at least equivalent to the Wolf Match. I have heard that the Wolf and SK are made in the same factory, but have no confirmation of same.
    I haven't seen Wolf (my Rem 513T's favorite) since I don't know when, so SK is an acceptable alternative.

Two bricks are on the truck headed my way. I will let y'all know just how the Rem 513 likes it.

Midway indicated that they may have some Winchester T22 match ammo in mid Sept. I've had a case on back order since January so certainly hope it shows up.
    "The .30-06 is never a mistake." Townsend Whelen :iwo:
  • timctimc Senior Member TexasPosts: 6,684 Senior Member
    I am very well stocked with a couple of backorders that finally came in. This is from an email I got today for anyone who is in need...
    http://www.grafs.com/retail/catalog/product/productId/26102
    timc - formerly known as timc on the last G&A forum and timc on the G&A forum before that and the G&A forum before that.....
    AKA: Former Founding Member
  • 41magnut41magnut Senior Member The Giant Side Of TexasPosts: 1,303 Senior Member
    timc wrote: »
    I am very well stocked with a couple of backorders that finally came in. This is from an email I got today for anyone who is in need...
    http://www.grafs.com/retail/catalog/product/productId/26102

WOW, wish I had seen this 48 hours.
    Thanks, KP. I was 99% certain of this but always like to be for sure and for certain before making such statements.