Charter .44 Pug Owners

twatwa Senior MemberPosts: 2,231 Senior Member
I have an older model Charter Arms .44 Special, but am thinking of getting the stainless pug version (2 1/2" barell). My excitement for big bores has been fueled the last 6 months or so. I know a few guys have them here, let me know any first hand experience with the shorter / newer models if you would. Any change since Taurus took them over?

Here is my old classic, time for an updated version maybe??

DSCN0907.jpg

Replies

• sakodudesakodude Senior Member Posts: 3,272 Senior Member
    Whatcha going to do with the old one:love: love those and have a bunch of 44spl ammo with no platform:jester:

Sako
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 10,945 Senior Member
    If you are asking us if you should buy another .44 special in a snub version to compliment you current one, yes, get on it.
    http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=437159698
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • jaywaptijaywapti Senior Member Posts: 4,527 Senior Member
    twa wrote: »
    . Any change since Taurus took them over? QUOTE]

Taurus doesn't own Charter arms, they are an American corporation. I have a new stainless .44spc. 2 1/2"bbl, love it

JAY
    THE DEFINITION OF GUN CONTROL IS HITTING THE TARGET WITH YOUR FIRST SHOT
  • twatwa Senior Member Posts: 2,231 Senior Member
    jaywapti wrote: »
    . Any change since Taurus took them over? QUOTE]

Taurus doesn't own Charter arms, they are an American corporation. I have a new stainless .44spc. 2 1/2"bbl, love it

JAY

Well that is good news! Not sure why I was thinking they had bought them out. :uhm:
  • twatwa Senior Member Posts: 2,231 Senior Member
    sakodude wrote: »
    Whatcha going to do with the old one:love: love those and have a bunch of 44spl ammo with no platform:jester:

Sako

I learned about 20 years ago that I have regretted almost every trade I made or gun I sold, so I have vowed to not do that unless absolutely necessary or I just HATE the gun. I don't hate that one. :jester:
  • sakodudesakodude Senior Member Posts: 3,272 Senior Member
    I learned about 20 years ago that I have regretted almost every trade I made or gun I sold, so I have vowed to not do that unless absolutely necessary or I just HATE the gun. I don't hate that one. :jester:

Don't blame you. My dad had one like that 25 or so years ago that I shot a bunch but he traded it for something. Not sure if he regrets it but I sure do:bang:

Sako
  • horselipshorselips Senior Member Posts: 3,628 Senior Member
    You're better off buying an older stainless steel Pug - from the time your Bulldog was made.
  • bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 9,731 Senior Member
    I have one of the newer stainless bulldogs. It is a good shooter, and carries well.
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
  • jaywaptijaywapti Senior Member Posts: 4,527 Senior Member
    We now have 3 of them a much older blue .38spc. , a S/S .44spc and the wife's new S/S .38/.357

JAY
    THE DEFINITION OF GUN CONTROL IS HITTING THE TARGET WITH YOUR FIRST SHOT