OK show yer Savages

2»

Replies

• Farm Boy DeuceFarm Boy Deuce Senior Member Posts: 6,083 Senior Member
    I have two.
    Savage 340 .30-30
    DSC00840.jpg
    I have mounted a Williams 5D peep on it now. I have some more tweaking to zero it. I really want to use it for deer season this year.

Savage Model 93 .22 Mag
    I dont have any pictures of this one it seems.
    I am afraid we forget sometime that the basic and simple things brings us the most pleasure.
    Dad 5-31-13
  • tubabucknuttubabucknut Banned Posts: 3,520 Senior Member
    Nice shooting Zee. That is a better group than I have ever shot, so I guess that will do just fine. Though I suspect the abilities of the shooter had more to do with that group than the equipment, it is nice to know the rifle is capable. Thanks for posting. I am starting to see one appearing in my life in the future, and you are an enabler.
    It's because I hate Trump.
  • ZeeZee Senior Member Posts: 20,564 Senior Member
    Nice shooting Zee. That is a better group than I have ever shot, so I guess that will do just fine. Though I suspect the abilities of the shooter had more to do with that group than the equipment, it is nice to know the rifle is capable. Thanks for posting. I am starting to see one appearing in my life in the future, and you are an enabler.

Word of caution, the finish on the metal is crap and will require more care than normal to prevent that "brown" tint from forming.

I actually took it hunting one hot and humid night. The next day, the bolt handle had a covering of rust and the action was wanting a black/bronze coloration.

Savage rifles shoot well for the most part. But, their fit/finish sucks huevos.
    "To Hell with efficiency, it's performance we want!" - Elmer Keith
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,985 Senior Member
    [QUOTE=Zee;

Savage rifles shoot well for the most part. But, their fit/finish sucks huevos.[/QUOTE]

Are them Huevos what they put in bars in a big jar, pickled fer a more zangy taste

:whip2::whip2:
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • JLDickmonJLDickmon Senior Member Posts: 1,726 Senior Member
    110 Heavy Barrel.. standard length action.. 223
    DSCN0245_zps03a4912a.jpg
    Never laugh at your wife's choices.
    You are one of them.
  • olesniperolesniper Senior Member Posts: 3,740 Senior Member
    Savage Mod. 110 FTSS .308 win. 20" SS fluted bull barrel, pre Accu-Trigger.

5pt.jpg

sav.jpg
    Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
    I will fear no evil: For I carry a .308 and not a .270
  • pjames777pjames777 Senior Member Posts: 1,078 Senior Member
    Brand new 11-111 Hunter .308 factory set up. $425.00 + tax + DROS = Happy Me!

• timctimc Senior Member Posts: 6,583 Senior Member
    Zee, and Timc,

How do those hog hunters shoot? Never thought I would buy a savage, but those things look down right handy. I have been looking for a walkin in the woods rifle, and that might fit the bill. What about the .338 win mag? I have several .308s already, and don't want a short barrel .223 in a bolt gun, so it could be worth adding a new caliber to the collection.

Like Zee, mine is very accurate too. I put mine together for sub subsonic shooting but I have had really nice groups with full power loads.
    timc - formerly known as timc on the last G&A forum and timc on the G&A forum before that and the G&A forum before that.....
    AKA: Former Founding Member
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 18,672 Senior Member
    Zee wrote: »
    Word of caution, the finish on the metal is crap and will require more care than normal to prevent that "brown" tint from forming.

I actually took it hunting one hot and humid night. The next day, the bolt handle had a covering of rust and the action was wanting a black/bronze coloration.

Savage rifles shoot well for the most part. But, their fit/finish sucks huevos.
    Go buy some "DuraLube", put some on an old tee-shirt/rag & wipe the metal down with it. Your rust problems will be no mo'
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• sarg1csarg1c Senior Member Posts: 1,705 Senior Member
    Here's mine...IMGP0031_zps05133348.jpgMod 110(270)
    Axis (223)
    IMGP0010_zps3f407346.jpg
    MarkII(.22)heavy barrel
    IMGP0007_zps0e5bdafc.jpg
  • shotgunshooter3shotgunshooter3 Senior Member Posts: 5,379 Senior Member
    No Savages right now, but if I ever live somewhere that I could use it to its potential I would like to build a 300 WM up as a 1K gun.
    - I am a rifleman with a poorly chosen screen name. -
    "It's far easier to start out learning to be precise and then speeding up, than it is having never "mastered" the weapon, and trying to be precise." - Dan C
  • dbrowndbrown Member Posts: 45 Member
    I liked this gun by Savage because of the left hand action. The Remington one you had to switch hands then go back to your grip.
  • dbrowndbrown Member Posts: 45 Member
    I had a 30/30 pump but I loaned to to my Dad and he sold it.
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 10,727 Senior Member
    dbrown wrote: »
    I had a 30/30 pump but I loaned to to my Dad and he sold it.

Um, how does that work?
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • alphasigmookiealphasigmookie Senior Member Posts: 8,590 Senior Member
    .223 11vt

1259f249873a74ab4edcad8d677ced3e.jpg

.308 10fp

08d3e61082b454636c9a46960a947ad5.jpg
    "Finding out that you have run out of toilet paper is a good example of lack of preparation, buying 10 years worth is silly"
    -DoctorWho
  • olesniperolesniper Senior Member Posts: 3,740 Senior Member
    .223 11vt

1259f249873a74ab4edcad8d677ced3e.jpg

Where's the empty bottle?
    Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
    I will fear no evil: For I carry a .308 and not a .270
  • alphasigmookiealphasigmookie Senior Member Posts: 8,590 Senior Member
    olesniper wrote: »
    Where's the empty bottle?
    013db2a290f049d9f324d4fa2d754106.jpg
    "Finding out that you have run out of toilet paper is a good example of lack of preparation, buying 10 years worth is silly"
    -DoctorWho
  • Ernie BishopErnie Bishop Senior Member Posts: 6,978 Senior Member
    Not mine, by any stretch of the imagination, but I did connect on steel several times at 1440 yards with it.
    Factory 6.5-284, with a MAC brake added. No Savages in my possession.
    Collin123Savage_zpsfe4d69bd.jpg
    Ernie

"The Un-Tactical"
  • JerryBobCoJerryBobCo Senior Member Posts: 6,488 Senior Member
    Model 10 .204 Ruger

rass2.jpg

Model 340 .222 Remington

Savage3401.jpg

I also have a Model 110 30-06 that I inherited from my dad, but no pictures.
    Jerry

Gun control laws make about as much sense as taking ex-lax to cure a cough.
2»