Sound like a reasonable deal?

JeeperJeeper Senior MemberPosts: 2,952 Senior Member
$420 delivered. I already have a complete lower... just need a decent upper. Description below. Pics look like its in near new condition.

JSE SURPLUS 20" WILSON HEAVY BARREL 5.56MM COMPLETE UPPER. 1/8 RATE OF TWIST. DPMS FREE FLOATING HANDGUARD. BTE GAS BLOCK. COMPLETE BOLT CARRIER GROUP IS INCLUDED. BORE IS EXCELLENT. FIRED "ABOUT 100 ROUNDS", PER OWNER.

Luis
Wielding the Hammer of Thor first requires you to lift and carry the Hammer of Thor. - Bigslug

Replies

• breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 13,188 Senior Member
    Is it a Wilson Combat or Wilson Arms barrel? Wilson Combat's a $275 barrel. Wilson Arms is $140.

Might be able to get something similar for about $100 more, minus delivery.
    http://www.jsesurplus.com/JSE20WilsonArmsSSBull1x8.223WyldeRifleFloat1RailGasBlockSmo.aspx
    Overkill is underrated.
  • JeeperJeeper Senior Member Posts: 2,952 Senior Member
    I'm sure it's Wilson arms. That MIGHT be the exact same upper (sure looks identical). I'm just thinking that I almost can't go wrong with a complete upper for $420 as long as it functions properly.

I got the complete lower for $120... nothing fancy, but with a total investment of $540 how can I go wrong? :tooth:

Luis
    Wielding the Hammer of Thor first requires you to lift and carry the Hammer of Thor. - Bigslug
  • jbohiojbohio Senior Member Posts: 5,511 Senior Member
    Yeah, a complete upper for $420 is a deal.
  • breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 13,188 Senior Member
    You're definitely saving $100 and shipping charges. And for this project I'd probably go with it. Just wanted to let you know what one costs new for a more informed decision.
    Overkill is underrated.
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 11,029 Senior Member
    Jeeper wrote: »
    I'm sure it's Wilson arms. That MIGHT be the exact same upper (sure looks identical). I'm just thinking that I almost can't go wrong with a complete upper for $420 as long as it functions properly.

I got the complete lower for $120... nothing fancy, but with a total investment of $540 how can I go wrong? :tooth:

Luis

If you don't like the upper, it should be easy to get your money back, get it before it is gone.
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • JeeperJeeper Senior Member Posts: 2,952 Senior Member
    I do not want an A3 configuration. Also do not want a pencil thin 16" barrel, 18" minimum, prefer a 20". 1/7 or 1/8 twist is mandatory. I also prefer a free floating handguard. This fits the bill on all counts.

The SS version you link above is $452.

You are right that there is a glut of the 16" version out there right now.

Luis