A good reason to stay armed

MississippiBoyMississippiBoy Senior MemberPosts: 819 Senior Member
Good reason to be armed, and to be extremely aware of your surroundings.

http://www.ky3.com/news/local/raw-video-gang-attacks-couple-in-downtown-springfield/21048998_27886102

A bunch of freaking thugs decide to harass a girl leaving a club, so her DJ boyfriend goes outside with her. Then this happens.......
Unbelievable.

Replies

• KSU FirefighterKSU Firefighter Senior Member Posts: 3,245 Senior Member
    If the boyfriend had been armed, and had been able to get a few rounds off into the attackers, the media would be calling for his head.
    The fire service needs a "culture of extinguishment not safety" Ray McCormack FDNY
  • MississippiBoyMississippiBoy Senior Member Posts: 819 Senior Member
    cpj wrote: »
    Yep. Happened in my town. Haven't heard anything about it today. If you saw the video (there's two versions) the cops actually scared them off. So....the cops were LITERALLY seconds away. And the guy and gal STILL got assaulted.

Yeah, there were two links to it. The one I put had a better writeup.....I didn't watch the whole thing, so I didn't realize it cut off. Here's the full video:

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=282_1409879278
  • horselipshorselips Senior Member Posts: 3,624 Senior Member
    If Obama had a few more sons...
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 23,897 Senior Member
    The woman's actions after getting up after being knocked down and squirming around seem a
    bit "ho hum look at me".

I think staged show.

No problem walking with high heels and a fractured ankle.
    A Veteran is someone that served in the Military, it does not matter where they served.
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 10,725 Senior Member
    NN wrote: »
    The woman's actions after getting up after being knocked down and squirming around seem a
    bit "ho hum look at me".

I think staged show.

No problem walking with high heels and a fractured ankle.

I am sure alcohol was involved, and then some adrenalin from the assault, and there are broken ankles and then there are broken ankles, you be surprised what folks can walk on.
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • TrueTone911TrueTone911 Senior Member Posts: 6,045 Senior Member
    I thought she may have been dazed. Looks like she was hit in the face/head twice.
  • RazorbackerRazorbacker Senior Member Posts: 4,646 Senior Member
    I'll just make this observation, I've seen a lot of similar videos and It seems to me that neither one ever gave up, they fought back til it was over. In other videos I've seen, when the victims just covered up, the animals, (there is no other name for them), Took turns trying to kick the victims teeth out and stomping on their heads.
    Teach your children to love guns, they'll never be able to afford drugs
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,980 Senior Member
    The attackers were pissed because they couldn't use their EBT cards in the Club :jester:
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • DoctorWhoDoctorWho Senior Member Posts: 9,496 Senior Member
    A good reason to stay armed?

It is a good way to stay alive, that is a very good reason.
    "There is some evil in all of us, Doctor, even you, the Valeyard is an amalgamation of the darker sides of your nature, somewhere between your twelfth and final incarnation, and I may say, you do not improve with age. Founding member of the G&A forum since 1996
  • 104RFAST104RFAST Senior Member Posts: 1,262 Senior Member
    Seems to me the white with the red shoes would be quickly identifiable.
    I would have a big surprise for him some dark night involving a baseball bat.
    I have a name for people like him!! but I would get banned
    Oh fiddle faddle! How I wish I knew what that is! I guess I will never know.
    "There is some evil in all of us, Doctor, even you, the Valeyard is an amalgamation of the darker sides of your nature, somewhere between your twelfth and final incarnation, and I may say, you do not improve with age. Founding member of the G&A forum since 1996
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,980 Senior Member
    Gang Bang all day
    Assault at night
    Start a fight
    Disappear into night.
    This sheet ain't right

I'm a poet, I know it :jester:
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • shootbrownelkshootbrownelk Senior Member Posts: 2,017 Senior Member
    DoctorWho wrote: »
    A good reason to stay armed?

It is a good way to stay alive, that is a very good reason.

Thou shalt not shoot future choir-boys, athletes and scholars who are "Unarmed BLACK teenagers!
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 21,802 Senior Member
    Good reason to be armed, and to be extremely aware of your surroundings.

http://www.ky3.com/news/local/raw-video-gang-attacks-couple-in-downtown-springfield/21048998_27886102

A bunch of freaking thugs decide to harass a girl leaving a club, so her DJ boyfriend goes outside with her. Then this happens.......
    Unbelievable.

After what happened in Ferguson MO can you blame the cops for not catching them? Hell if the cops would have caught any of them and arrested them Al Sharpton would have been down there in a heartbeat to stir up the local blacks and tell the whole country what racists the local cops were.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
    "Oh my Gawd! Somebody call somebody!"
    Stupid.....you're holding a PHONE!!!!!
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 8,528 Senior Member
    didn't see that on the 6:00 pm news, did ya?
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • HvyMaxHvyMax Senior Member Posts: 1,786 Senior Member
    I must say being from MD. I have been enjoying my LCP here in FLA.
    Wal Mart where the discriminating white trash shop.
    Paddle faster!!! I hear banjos.
    Reason for editing: correcting my auto correct
    Thou shalt not shoot future choir-boys, athletes and scholars who are "Unarmed BLACK teenagers!

I remember an unarmed N.Y.C.P.D. Lt. that told 3 unarmed teens to leave the front of his home, they danced on his head, surgeons put his skull back together with plates and screws etc, TBI and many other medical problems, The liberals want to believe in disparity of force, an unarmed teen can kill.
    cpj wrote: »
    I'd find them, if I was the victim.

:that: I doubt I would find them though, roaches run from the light.
    The fire service needs a "culture of extinguishment not safety" Ray McCormack FDNY
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 8,528 Senior Member
    :that: I doubt I would find them though, roaches run from the light.

I trust that you have the skills to burn the vermin out, without taking down the whole neighborhood.
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
    Diver43 wrote: »
    I trust that you have the skills to burn the vermin out, without taking down the whole neighborhood.

No Comment.
  • alphasigmookiealphasigmookie Senior Member Posts: 8,584 Senior Member
    On a more practical note, it's hard to say if a gun necessarily helps in this case or similar cases. Clearly better situational awareness would be required since the group runs up behind him and attacks before he really notices what's going on. Also, at what point can/do you draw and fire your weapon? As others have suggested if you shoot before the assault begins then you just "murdered an unarmed kid". Once the assault starts then it's basically too late because drawing and firing a weapon while trying to defend yourself from half a dozen attackers is less than easy and there's a fair chance you would lose control of the weapon before you got a shot off. Really and truly a dangerous situation. I'd almost say a knife is a better tool in such an altercation.
    "Finding out that you have run out of toilet paper is a good example of lack of preparation, buying 10 years worth is silly"
    -DoctorWho
  • bobbyrlf3bobbyrlf3 Senior Member Posts: 2,465 Senior Member
    On a more practical note, it's hard to say if a gun necessarily helps in this case or similar cases. Clearly better situational awareness would be required since the group runs up behind him and attacks before he really notices what's going on. Also, at what point can/do you draw and fire your weapon? As others have suggested if you shoot before the assault begins then you just "murdered an unarmed kid". Once the assault starts then it's basically too late because drawing and firing a weapon while trying to defend yourself from half a dozen attackers is less than easy and there's a fair chance you would lose control of the weapon before you got a shot off. Really and truly a dangerous situation. I'd almost say a knife is a better tool in such an altercation.

I hadn't thought of it from that perspective but that's a good point. Not that he needed it, but it lends a great deal of validity to Zee's advocacy for proper knife training.
    Knowledge is essential to living freely and fully; understanding gives knowledge purpose and strength; wisdom is combining the two and applying them appropriately in words and actions.
  • Farm Boy DeuceFarm Boy Deuce Senior Member Posts: 6,083 Senior Member
    Even if you have a knife and some training with it in that case you are going to lose. If the first guy has no idea how to fight and you fillet him like a largemouth. Great. Now what about his 35 now really pissed buddies? They may not know how to fight either but numbers still win. If you are close enough to cut them they are close enough to get a hand on you.
    I am afraid we forget sometime that the basic and simple things brings us the most pleasure.
    Dad 5-31-13
    Even if you have a knife and some training with it in that case you are going to lose. If the first guy has no idea how to fight and you fillet him like a largemouth. Great. Now what about his 35 now really pissed buddies? They may not know how to fight either but numbers still win. If you are close enough to cut them they are close enough to get a hand on you.

Yeah, there's no good defense against the mob in that clip at the supermarket. About the only thing you can hope for is to run faster than the other white guy. But I did notice that they all scattered like cockroaches at the first sign of someone with a badge. I guess the Rent-a-Cop at the 42 seconds mark that handed his phone to the woman filming scared them off. So maybe if you either shoot or carve up the first one that gets to you, the others may chicken out. But on the other hand, if they keep coming, you've only made them madder by hurting one of their own, and they're even more angry and out of control than they were.
    I don't know......I don't see a good option......
  • Farm Boy DeuceFarm Boy Deuce Senior Member Posts: 6,083 Senior Member
    Paying attention to your surroundings and what is going on in them. Step two is "Feet don't fail me now!"
    I am afraid we forget sometime that the basic and simple things brings us the most pleasure.
    Dad 5-31-13
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,258 Senior Member
    Even if the mob takes me down, I plan to be standing in a pile of empty brass while I take a few of them with me. I'd rather try to survive and take my chances in court than end up a vegetable like some of the victims of mob violence have. Chances are they will think twice about stepping over a body or three to get to me.
    Jerry
    Hide and wail in terror, Eloi- - - -We Morlocks are on the hunt!
    ASK-HOLE Someone who asks for advice and always does something opposite
    People do not want to get shot, most incidents end without any shots fired.
  • topguntopgun Member Posts: 128 Member
    Paying attention to your surroundings and what is going on in them. Step two is "Feet don't fail me now!"

I'm getting too old to run anymore, us old guys must make a stand. Lesson learned for me here, is to never leave those spare mags. out of arms-reach.