NBC’s 3 Steps for Home Invasion Defense

Replies

• Big Al1Big Al1 Senior Member Posts: 7,052 Senior Member
    They need to stick to the three things they do best; American Idol updates, trending Tweets, and hottest videos on UTube.
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 26,106 Senior Member
    Yeah, spraying someone in the face and eyes with a neurotoxin is smart. That stuff is absorbed through the skin and easily absorbed through the eyes.

Car alarms are not even noticed when people are in a parking lot. Not going to be all that much of a deterrent in your driveway unless somebody gets mad and calls the police about the noise.

That last part about not lying to them. Now that is spot on. Saying, "Do what I say or I will shoot you", and meaning it is good advice; bad guys understand that, sometimes. :up:
    If the U.S. Congress was put in charge of the Sahara Desert, there would be a shortage of sand in under six months.

• TrueTone911TrueTone911 Senior Member Posts: 6,045 Senior Member
    Yeah this is the most asinine advice I've heard since I heard some dope advise women that their best defense against sexual assault was passive resistance.
  • BufordBuford Senior Member Posts: 6,661 Senior Member
    Well I've got to rethink my entire home defense strategy now

You go right ahead.
    Somewhere someone thinks this is good advice.
    Just look at the flowers Lizzie, just look at the flowers.
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,429 Senior Member
    Hmmmm- - - -so Jay did it all wrong a couple of days ago- - - -he was supposed to hit the panic button on his car keys and hose down a 16-year-old kid with toxic chemicals- - - - -somehow, I don't think so!
    Jerry
    Hide and wail in terror, Eloi- - - -We Morlocks are on the hunt!
    ASK-HOLE Someone who asks for advice and always does something opposite
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 21,857 Senior Member
    Big Al1 wrote: »
    They need to stick to the three things they do best; American Idol updates, trending Tweets, and hottest videos on UTube.

Well heck, it does now appear that Uncle Joe knows more than SOMEBODY!!! :tooth:
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • DoctorWhoDoctorWho Senior Member Posts: 9,496 Senior Member
    Spraying attackers with chemicals is not My personal favoured method of personal defense, I learned the hard way that wind can dump the chemicals back onto you, and you can in many cases be exposed to those chemicals in small amounts.

The media is a piss poor way to learn about prsonal defense as most of us are well aware.
    "There is some evil in all of us, Doctor, even you, the Valeyard is an amalgamation of the darker sides of your nature, somewhere between your twelfth and final incarnation, and I may say, you do not improve with age. Founding member of the G&A forum since 1996
  • Farm Boy DeuceFarm Boy Deuce Senior Member Posts: 6,083 Senior Member
    DoctorWho wrote: »
    Spraying attackers with chemicals is not My personal favoured method of personal defense, I learned the hard way that wind can dump the chemicals back onto you, and you can in many cases be exposed to those chemicals in small amounts.

The media is a piss poor way to learn about prsonal defense as most of us are well aware.

Could a lead and copper mixture not be considered a chemical compound?
    I am afraid we forget sometime that the basic and simple things brings us the most pleasure.
    Dad 5-31-13
    Buford wrote: »
    You go right ahead.
    Somewhere someone thinks this is good advice.

Yeah I poke fun at nonsense like this but you're right, someone will use this method and that's sad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Fat BillyFat Billy Senior Member Posts: 1,813 Senior Member
    Does Hornady make wasp spray. Just asking. :confused: Later,
    Fat Billy

Recoil is how you know primer ignition is complete.
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 18,869 Senior Member
    Sarcasm.gif
    If they'd included two more steps, it would be the "PERFECT" plan:
    1-3) follow NBC's suggestions
    4) Scream like a little girl
    5) Urinate/defecate all over yourself as you beg for mercy
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

Did you read the part where a guy actually tried to use the wasp spray? Surprise surprise it did not stop the attacker...but a kitchen knife did!

• jaywaptijaywapti Senior Member Posts: 4,527 Senior Member
    Stupidest thing I have ever read.

My 3 steps,
    1) Always be armed
    2) have extra clips mags loaded
    3) see step 1

It also helps to have large dogs.

JAY
    THE DEFINITION OF GUN CONTROL IS HITTING THE TARGET WITH YOUR FIRST SHOT
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    NBC.....NO BRAINS CHANNEL

Reminds me of Hurricane Survival Kits.....no firearms suggested......Idiots!
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
    Big Chief wrote: »
    NBC.....NO BRAINS CHANNEL

Reminds me of Hurricane Survival Kits.....no firearms suggested......Idiots!

LOL!

• JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 15,078 Senior Member
    This ranks up there with whistles and soiling ones self to prevent rape....

Copper and lead applied in copious quantities seems to be most efficacious...
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"