Home Main Category Second Amendment/Politics

Interesting article!

Big Al1Big Al1 Senior MemberPanama City, Fl.Posts: 8,687 Senior Member

Replies

• tennmiketennmike Senior Member Under a logPosts: 27,457 Senior Member
    I hope that young lady does not get fired for writing that NY Times article. That paper is not known for printing the truth!
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
  • sgtrock21sgtrock21 Senior Member Posts: 1,933 Senior Member
    How did she get that past the New York Times Ministry of Truth Department?
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 22,429 Senior Member
    Big Al1 wrote: »

I love the replys to the article too especially this one by John W:

"John W says:
    September 19, 2014 at 7:24 am
    The truth shall prevail! The democrat’s are responsible for every national gun control law in this country. In 1934 the National Firearms Act was passed by Pres. Roosevelt (democrat). In 1968 the Gun Control Act was passed by Pres. Johnson (democrat). In 1994 the Assault Weapon’s ban passed by Pres. Clinton (democrat). The democrat’s believe that if they tell the lie long enough they will eventually convince American’s to believe that guns are evil. Look at the facts? The fact is firearm’s are used in more cases to stop violence than create it. But you never hear or see the stories of people using firearms to stop attacks. You only hear of the cases where they are used to create havoc. To inform the public of all the times firearms were used to stop violence would go against all the lies told by democrats. No democrat wants you to know the truth about firearms. The truth is firearms are used more to stop crime than commit crime. In Prof. John Lott’s book More Guns Less Crime he shows through extensive research that a criminal is less likely to commit a crime if that criminal thinks the perspective victim may be armed. Why is crime higher in cities with strict gun control laws? Why is crime lower in cities with little or no gun control laws? Criminals are not going to attack someone who they perceive as being armed. Even if you don’t like guns at least stand up for the Constitution. We are American’s. We are free. We are the government (not the politicians). Don’t let one party (the democrats) disarm America. Ever see the police present when someone is attacked or a home is robbed? No! So who ultimately is responsible for one’s safety? You! Protect yourself, protect the Constitution and protect America and never let a democrat convince you it’s in your best interest to be disarmed."
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.