Home Main Category Second Amendment/Politics

C r u s a d e ! ! !

horselipshorselips Senior MemberPosts: 3,628 Senior Member
...against the Islamic State. At least that's what their caliph calls it. And so it begins. Pope Urban and King Richard I are smiling. And so am I.

Replies

• Farm Boy DeuceFarm Boy Deuce Senior Member Posts: 6,083 Senior Member
    Sometimes a guy wonders if the raping, pillaging, burning of cities and enslavement or killing of entire families wasn't more effective.
    I am afraid we forget sometime that the basic and simple things brings us the most pleasure.
    Dad 5-31-13
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Dellrose TNPosts: 18,428 Senior Member
    This time around we have things more effective than swords, horses, archery, and chain mail to get the job done! Ain't technology great?
    Jerry
  • Fat BillyFat Billy Senior Member Atlanta GaPosts: 1,813 Senior Member
    300 Greeks, 1600 Kights the people have been beat before but with boots on the ground. Yesterday we used 47 Tomahawks and the supply is limited due to cuts in the military. Oblivit is a bad joke. :confused:
    Fat Billy

Recoil is how you know primer ignition is complete.
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    Fat Billy, I'm sure more missiles are available and more can be made.
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
    And they only cost ~$1M each!

Hell, lets launch 500 at a time then!
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
  • shootbrownelkshootbrownelk Senior Member WyomingPosts: 2,035 Senior Member
    One NUKE missle...and a bunch of crazy Muslims would be waist deep in virgins!
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Between Ft Lauderdale and MiamiPosts: 12,564 Senior Member
    Fat Billy wrote: »
    300 Greeks, 1600 Kights the people have been beat before but with boots on the ground. Yesterday we used 47 Tomahawks and the supply is limited due to cuts in the military. Oblivit is a bad joke. :confused:

lest see, 47 X 1.41 million each is right at 66,270,00 and a few cents. Of course you cant forget they get launched from Navy Destroyers which dont come cheap either.
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • BigDanSBigDanS Senior Member Miami, FL almost in the USA ;)Posts: 6,992 Senior Member
    If everything above the ground were just fused glass, the oil below would be OK...
    "A patriot is mocked, scorned and hated; yet when his cause succeeds, all men will join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." Mark Twain
    Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.... now who's bringing the hot wings? :jester:
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Under a logPosts: 27,457 Senior Member
    Watched the Pentagon spokesman at a press briefing this morning. Some nitwit dritbag brainless liberal press boob was making noises wanting to know if unsubstantiated reports of civilians being killed were true.

I've got news for the **** idiotic fools with press credentials. ALL of the members of ISIS, ISIL, and all the other alphabet soup of these terrorist organizations are civilians. They have no country as such, wear no recognizable uniform of a known country, and are not recognized as citizens of a known country. They are at best a well organized and well funded rogue militia. If they have their wives, kids, and hangers on traveling with them and they get toasted in the process, well that's just tough noogies. And they kill anyone who does not support them, ergo, anyone around them is JUST LIKE THEM.

And I would also refer these idiotic **** reporters to the conflict known as WWII. I know this is ancient history to them, but they should look up the number of civilians that got killed during that conflict intentionally. Precision bombing wasn't all that precise back then, anyway. I'll make it easy for them with four examples: London, Coventry, Hamburg, and Dresden. They can just Google it up and get the info.
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
    The cowards hide behind and among women and children. Talk big smack with a captured prisoner whose hands are tied behind their backs.

Like a Ret Navy Captain said on TV today.....assessment time of last nights strikes in daylight and see where the roaches started running when the daylight hits them to plan better for the next strike. :usa::usa::usa::usa:
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Dellrose TNPosts: 18,428 Senior Member
    I think Gene Roddenberry got it right- - - - - -did anyone else notice there were no middle easterners in Star Trek?
    Jerry
  • NNNN Senior Member NCPosts: 25,221 Senior Member
    I made that comment today, also
  • centermass556centermass556 Senior Member Posts: 3,579 Senior Member
    The air raids are a half measure that will accomplish nothing....
    "To have really lived, you must have almost died. To those who have fought for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know."
    Lot of chatter on the news about if they (ISIS) possibly were tipped off either by the Arab's/country s participating in the strike or a too soon announcement/hints and the top skunks skedaddled before it hit????????
  • JasonMPDJasonMPD Senior Member Posts: 6,583 Senior Member
    “There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.” – Will Rogers
  • BigDanSBigDanS Senior Member Miami, FL almost in the USA ;)Posts: 6,992 Senior Member
    Perhaps this is politically incorrect, but if a nation state has within its borders a group waging war that it does nothing to stop, then aren't they by default approving, harboring, participating?

I find it hard to understand. If a terrorist organization within the United States was beheading Chinese nationals, we would have every law enforcement tool available working on it. Certainly if we did not pursue the perpetrators and shrugged our shoulders, China would have a problem with that.

In my opinion if a nation state is not effectively managing the problem, they are the problem. It gets complicated in the middle East with Syria the Kurds, the Shia and Sunni. Jordan seems to do just fine in the middle of all this. Why not just separate the Islamic states and Kurds?

What an ugly mess. I am beginning to believe more and more WW III is on the horizon.

D
    "A patriot is mocked, scorned and hated; yet when his cause succeeds, all men will join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." Mark Twain
    Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.... now who's bringing the hot wings? :jester:
  • KSU FirefighterKSU Firefighter Senior Member Posts: 3,249 Senior Member
    Yep, :that: Barry big ears is expecting to get at least 10 points of public opinion out of it.
    The fire service needs a "culture of extinguishment not safety" Ray McCormack FDNY
  • centermass556centermass556 Senior Member Posts: 3,579 Senior Member
    Jason, your article from OAF is about spot on. And if we go back, it will be a ten year job...at best. The American public won't stomach that.
    "To have really lived, you must have almost died. To those who have fought for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know."
    Jason, your article from OAF is about spot on. And if we go back, it will be a ten year job...at best. The American public won't stomach that.

Especially not after all the propaganda, false flagging and campaigning contrary to the very thing the administration is spearheading again. If there was even a hint of strength and resolve from Capitol Hill there may be foundations for support, but it's not there.
    “There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.” – Will Rogers
  • BufordBuford Senior Member CA. Beach citiesPosts: 6,722 Senior Member
    Teach wrote: »
    I think Gene Roddenberry got it right- - - - - -did anyone else notice there were no middle easterners in Star Trek?
    Jerry

We just don't have a transporter to lock on and beam them into deep space.
    Just look at the flowers Lizzie, just look at the flowers.
  • BufordBuford Senior Member CA. Beach citiesPosts: 6,722 Senior Member
    I think dropping the daisy cutter would greatly increase the demise of our enemy.
    Just look at the flowers Lizzie, just look at the flowers.
  • breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Living in a van, down by the river.Posts: 14,039 Senior Member
    BigDanS wrote: »
    Perhaps this is politically incorrect, but if a nation state has within its borders a group waging war that it does nothing to stop, then aren't they by default approving, harboring, participating?
    That's been our rationale for bombing Libya (including their political and military apparatus), going into Afghanistan, and other actions: because the state was aiding and abetting our enemies, we could go in there.
    I'm just here for snark.
  • Fat BillyFat Billy Senior Member Atlanta GaPosts: 1,813 Senior Member
    A C130 and a daisy cutter cost less than a JDAM from a F18. All we need now is a towel head detector. Less technology and better results, what a concept. Collateral damage? If they are surrounding targets with innocent people these people are dead anyway if they try to run. :usa: Later,
    Fat Billy

Recoil is how you know primer ignition is complete.
  • shootbrownelkshootbrownelk Senior Member WyomingPosts: 2,035 Senior Member
    We may have to revisit our WWII thinking on how we defeated Japan. We couldn't have done it any other way...collateral damage is to be expected.
  • samzheresamzhere Banned HoustonPosts: 10,923 Senior Member
    horselips wrote: »
    ...against the Islamic State. At least that's what their caliph calls it. And so it begins. Pope Urban and King Richard I are smiling. And so am I.

According to what I know, the only time Pope Urban smiled was when he was visited by his little boy "helpers" late nights.
  • samzheresamzhere Banned HoustonPosts: 10,923 Senior Member
    We may have to revisit our WWII thinking on how we defeated Japan. We couldn't have done it any other way...collateral damage is to be expected.

During that era, private homes in Japan were of very flimsy construction, lightweight wood and fabrics. So most homeowners had these metal fire-resistant safes in which to keep personal documents. The safes were about 4-5 feet high.

After the bombing of Tokyo, in many neighborhoods of that city, the tallest thing left standing were those metal safes. All around, everything else was flat and dust.
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Under a logPosts: 27,457 Senior Member
    Teach wrote: »
    Jerry

Rodenberry had them in Star Trek. They were the Klingons!
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams

The Japanese of WW2 and ISIS only have in common a radical zeal. And ISIS trumps them in spades with that, even. Further, the Japanese did not want to slaughter civilians. If they wanted to do that, they would have bombed Honolulu, not Pearl Harbor.

ISIS is formed from the most dangerous of beliefs: religion. The ideology of Axis powers in WW2 came primarily from a radical political ideology, not a religious one. For a political ideology to proliferate, there needs to be one man who can pronounce and convince others to follow him and that figurehead needs to remain alive to keep the zeal strong. Not with religious radicals.

ISIS operates on a religious concept and religious radicalism only requires that a pawn be convinced that the religion justifies the actions and it is self-propagating from that point on AND allows the radicals to operate completely independently of orders from any one man because his orders are divine and universal.

Eradication of ISIS means the eradication of the entire Islamic faith.
    samzhere wrote: »
    According to what I know, the only time Pope Urban smiled was when he was visited by his little boy "helpers" late nights.

A real "UrbanNight" :tooth:
    Ask the Chinese about Japs not wanting to slaughter civilians. Koreans love them to this day......................Japs in WWII were great Conquerors and loved by all...and ask American POWS who survived their kindness.

Military targets were more important to them when they attacked Pearl....if they would have won the war, I'm sure their benevolence would have been more widespread.

Jason, they were fanatical in combat for their Emperor who they had a cult-like devotion to.