Extra deadness...

wildgenewildgene Senior MemberPosts: 1,036 Senior Member
...or "more deader???

...since "proper terminology" is so important on this forum, this issue needs to be settled!!!

More Deader or Extra Deadness??? 24 votes

More Deader
75%
BPsniperSlanteyedshootistwddodgeSix-Gunjbohioshawn1172wildgeneVarmintmistErnie Bishoppardogcoolgunguytv_racin_fanKENFU19111965JeffHondo30-30shooter3RD LARblack mamba 18 votes
Extra Deadness
25%
MileHighShooterairheadsnake284DoctorWhoSpk007FJ 6 votes

Replies

• JerryBobCoJerryBobCo Senior Member Posts: 6,520 Senior Member
    You need to ask Sam.
    Jerry

Gun control laws make about as much sense as taking ex-lax to cure a cough.
  • jbohiojbohio Senior Member Posts: 5,507 Senior Member
    More Deader
    More deader, for sure. Extra deadness is too hard to use in a sentence. For example, "A 338WM kills deer more deader than a 30-06." Extra deadness just wouldn't work properly.:tooth:
  • breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 13,084 Senior Member
    Neither.

"Graveyard dead" is the proper term, preferably said Graaaveyaaard deeead! with a deep voice.
    Overkill is underrated.
  • Six-GunSix-Gun Senior Member Posts: 7,284 Senior Member
    More Deader
    JerryBobCo wrote: »
    You need to ask Sam.

I would LOVE to see that response.

In my world, "more deader" is the better grammatical slaying.
    Accuracy: because white space between bullet holes drives me insane.
  • SirGeorgeKillianSirGeorgeKillian Senior Member Posts: 5,458 Senior Member
    There actually are 2 types of dead. Legal, or clinical dead, which means you are not technically alive, but are savable. That progresses into biological death which means the cells that make up your organs start to die. There is no fixing that.

Which again, neither of those cover DRT (Dead Right There) or my favorite dead up (not my original words, but have used it more than once)

Sent from my Motorola ATRIX 4G via Tapatalk!
    Unless life also hands you water and sugar, your lemonade is gonna suck!
    Wambli Ska wrote: »
    I'm in love with a Glock
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 21,834 Senior Member
    Extra Deadness
    jbohio wrote: »
    More deader, for sure. Extra deadness is too hard to use in a sentence. For example, "A 338WM kills deer more deader than a 30-06." Extra deadness just wouldn't work properly.:tooth:

B..B..But, you can say My 338mag kills with extra deadness and you will sound twice a studious. More deader is definitely redneckish sounding! Extra Deadness gives you an air of sophistication. And if you want you can say just simply Extra Dead or even Extra Deader. Maybe even Extra More Dead! Oh the possibilities are endless.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • wddodgewddodge Senior Member Posts: 995 Senior Member
    More Deader
    It's a good thing I voted for more deader since I've been accused of being a bit of a redneck myself. Shooting a ground hog is ok, running one down with the John Deere in a 30 acre field and your a redneck for life....

Denny
    Participating in a gun buy back program because you think that criminals have too many guns is like having yourself castrated because you think your neighbors have too many kids.... Clint Eastwood
  • orchidmanorchidman Senior Member Posts: 7,718 Senior Member
    snake284 wrote: »
    B..B..But, you can say My 270 kills with extra deadness and you will sound twice a studious. More deader is definitely redneckish sounding! Extra Deadness gives you an air of sophistication. And if you want you can say just simply Extra Dead or even Extra Deader. Maybe even Extra More Dead! Oh the possibilities are endless.

Fixed it for ya Snake.......( sorry mate, couldnt resist......the voices told me to do it)

Me..........I just settle for dead...........'Extra deadness' or 'More deader' just taints the meat
    Still enjoying the trip of a lifetime and making the best of what I have.....
  • JeeperJeeper Senior Member Posts: 2,952 Senior Member
    Down here, neither of those competes with "deader'n a doornail." You haven't *really* killed them 'til they're "deader'n a doornail." :jester:

Luis
    Wielding the Hammer of Thor first requires you to lift and carry the Hammer of Thor. - Bigslug
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,348 Senior Member
    The vernacular for "mammaries vertical" works for me!
    :devil::devil::devil:
    Jerry
    Hide and wail in terror, Eloi- - - -We Morlocks are on the hunt!
    ASK-HOLE Someone who asks for advice and always does something opposite
  • Six-GunSix-Gun Senior Member Posts: 7,284 Senior Member
    More Deader
    Teach wrote: »
    The vernacular for "mammaries vertical" works for me!
    :devil::devil::devil:
    Jerry

You mean "tatas skyward?"
    Accuracy: because white space between bullet holes drives me insane.
  • HondoHondo Member Posts: 320 Member
    More Deader
    I love that Teach. Dead as Disco can work as well.
  • BigslugBigslug Senior Member Posts: 7,003 Senior Member
    I think Rob Reiner gave us the correct answer way back in 1986:
    It turns out your friend is only Mostly Dead. You see, Mostly Dead is still slightly alive. With All Dead. . .well, with All Dead, there's only one thing you can do. . .go through his clothes and look for loose change
    WWJMBD?

"Nothing is safe from stupid." - Zee
  • beartrackerbeartracker Senior Member Posts: 3,116 Senior Member
    Dead is dead, no such thing as more deader or extra deadness.
  • Ernie BishopErnie Bishop Senior Member Posts: 6,981 Senior Member
    More Deader
    Of the two, "more deader."
    Ernie

"The Un-Tactical"
    Extra Deadness
    Well I didn't say .270 because I'm trying to be courteous tonight and get along and all. So I just typed .338, but It IS comforting to read .270 when I'm referring to my own shooting habits anyway. So thanks for fixin it for me Bro!
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 14,973 Senior Member
    I'm a fan of DRT or the one that indicates it traveled a bit before it fell down DOT (Dead Over There)
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
  • Ernie BishopErnie Bishop Senior Member Posts: 6,981 Senior Member
    More Deader
    I use DRT more than anything listed. I like DOT-never used it before. Thanks!
    Jayhawker wrote: »
    I'm a fan of DRT or the one that indicates it traveled a bit before it fell down DOT (Dead Over There)
    Ernie

"The Un-Tactical"
  • wolf049wolf049 Member Posts: 217 Member
    Jayhawker wrote: »

I'm with Jayhawker on this one and since there wasn't a neither option, I didn't vote.
    The term that I'm must familiar with is as Jeeper said, " Deadern' a door nail".
    "To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them."
    - Richard Henry Lee
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 23,942 Senior Member
    Most deadest
    A Veteran is someone that served in the Military, it does not matter where they served.
  • HAWKENHAWKEN Senior Member Posts: 1,687 Senior Member
    As a fellow LEO. I concure. DRT is the term to use...Robin
    I don't often talk to people that voted for Obama, but when I do I order large fries!
    Life member of the American Legion, the VFW, the NRA and the Masonic Lodge, retired LEO
  • BigslugBigslug Senior Member Posts: 7,003 Senior Member
    HAWKEN wrote: »
    As a fellow LEO. I concure. DRT is the term to use...Robin

We musn't forget "ART", or "Assuming Room Temperature"
    WWJMBD?

"Nothing is safe from stupid." - Zee
  • MileHighShooterMileHighShooter Senior Member Posts: 4,768 Senior Member
    Extra Deadness
    Bigslug wrote: »
    I think Rob Reiner gave us the correct answer way back in 1986:

9a00d9999d909e99ef090999e99f09990b-900wi9
    Wambli Ska wrote: »
    Once again, please refrain from cutting short any baseless totally emotional arguments with facts. It leads to boring, completely objective conversations well beyond the comprehension ability of many.
  • SpkSpk Senior Member Posts: 2,066 Senior Member
    Extra Deadness
    I'll have mine with Extra zombie.gif Deadness please! Although, in the past Dirtnap and Wormfood have always sufficed.
    Beware of false knowledge -- it is often more dangerous than ignorance.
  • justin10mmjustin10mm Senior Member Posts: 688 Senior Member
    Then there is always Pushing Up Daisies or Kicked The Bucket.
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 23,942 Senior Member
    Bought the farm
    A Veteran is someone that served in the Military, it does not matter where they served.
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 18,750 Senior Member
    Besides DRT, I'm a fan of DD (Dead ****)
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• DoctorWhoDoctorWho Senior Member Posts: 9,496 Senior Member
    Extra Deadness
    Legally dead, no pulse no breathing

Clinically dead, no pulse or breathing without life support.

Brain death, no EEG brain activity indicating all higher brain functions have ceased.
    "There is some evil in all of us, Doctor, even you, the Valeyard is an amalgamation of the darker sides of your nature, somewhere between your twelfth and final incarnation, and I may say, you do not improve with age. Founding member of the G&A forum since 1996
    Extra Deadness
    Bigslug wrote: »
    We musn't forget "ART", or "Assuming Room Temperature"

Hey, that's Rush Limbaughs favorite. The last time I heard him use it was whent there was a rumor going round that Castro might have expired and that's the way he phrazed it. That Castro may have assumed room temperature.
  • BPsniperBPsniper Banned Posts: 1,961 Senior Member
    More Deader
    The one phrase I see on this forum that bugs the piss out of me and makes me want to stomp a baby.........."Bang Flop". I don't know why, but I just find that phrase irksome. Go figure.
    "....the true general purpose big-game cartridges used in this country come in but two calibers, .30 and 7mm. (the .270 Win. is merely a slightly aberrant 7mm whose bullets are .007" undersize.) -Finn Aagaard - American Rifleman, December 1986