Home Main Category Second Amendment/Politics

Thinning the herd

2»

Replies

• JasonMPDJasonMPD Senior Member Posts: 6,583 Senior Member
    snake284 wrote: »
    This is what happens when we take the existence of a supreme being, God, out of the equation. Then there is nothing to govern us, we are like the animals. Without God all obligations and oaths are a farce. Without God no government can be depended on not to enslave you. God has been the center of the universe for like ever. Now we allow him to be removed from our life processes and people wonder why things go to hell?

People like Emanuel have no god in their lives to rule and govern them. They think THEY are God. So they naturally come up with Godless solutions to everything, Just as the Nazis did.

Really? :roll:

Native Americans didn't "have god" and they didn't kill their elders because of age.
    “There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.” – Will Rogers
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Dellrose TNPosts: 18,428 Senior Member
    Hmmmm- - - -so a 30-something year old patient who develops a disease like MS or cancer should be euthanized, right? Think of the cost savings that would be realized by short-stopping all that expensive heath care for say- - - -- - -another 30-40 years! How does the shoe fit when it's on the other foot?
    Jerry
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    I think no insurance companies will pay for procedures they don't cover and I'm sure Medicare pays for fewer than others. Lots of folks can't even get things covered they need to live, as it is.

I don't plan on gettin a butt-tuck or something to enhance my attractiveness............
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Living in a van, down by the river.Posts: 14,033 Senior Member
    Big Chief wrote: »
    I don't plan on gettin a butt-tuck or something to enhance my attractiveness............
    I've seen photos of you. I'm not sure you'd survive a surgery extensive enough to make you attractive...
    I'm just here for snark.
    Plus, do any of you actually think you will see a pay raise in your paychecks because the Gooberment cut back on health benefits for the elderly?

They will find another way to use/keep/tax your money.
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    I've seen photos of you. I'm not sure you'd survive a surgery extensive enough to make you attractive...

Modern medicine is amazing :wink::wink:
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Under a logPosts: 27,457 Senior Member
    One thing I haven't seen or I've glossed over is the health care of folks who would have been my grandparent's age. That would be people who are about the age of Teach and Tennmike's parents. Their healthcare was in part paid for by Medicare, Social Security, etc. I believe. When you look at for how long they paid into the system vs. the benefits they got, the disparity was pretty high. My dad worked in the health care industry, primarily elder care. He told me that people in his parent's generation were generally able to get back the Medicare and Social Security money they paid in (plus interest) within the first year of retirement. After that... they used income from other generations.

Just a thought.

My Dad died three years after he retired at 62 y.o. My Mother died 10 years later. They had Medicare + a supplemental insurance policy for which they paid for out of pocket. That paid for my Dad's Hospice Home care for a few months, and my Mother's 3 months in a nursing home. Over their lifetimes they paid in much more into the system, including Social Security than they got back. I know this as a fact since I handled most all of the paperwork for them.

Now I'm going to lower the boom, as it were, on the party near and dear to Alpha. The DEMOCRATIC PARTY paid for the GREAT SOCIETY programs of LBJ and the DEMOCRATS with money from Social Security and later on, Medicaid payments into the system. The DEMOCRATS added on new programs over time, and we are left with the crapstorm of many millions who never paid a dime into the system draining it, and at least three generations that have aborted the millions who would have been in the system paying for the tab. Go ahead and point to the older generation as the big drag on the system, but know this, and know it well. While you point at us, there are three fingers pointing right back in your faces. Any Democrat that raved and ranted, and forced these additional programs through, and created the behemoth Welfare state we now find ourselves in is DIRECTLY RESPONSIBLE for the mess as it now stands. Suck it up, Buttercup. You made the mess; now clean it up!
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Dellrose TNPosts: 18,428 Senior Member
    dummycrap politicians around a pile of money will have about as much self-control as a flock of buzzards on a bloated elephant carcass. The greedy sons of unwed mothers will raid their grandchildren's piggy banks with no remorse whatsoever if it means they can buy a few more votes from their unemployable constituents. Those parasites on society wouldn't get off their lazy butts and contribute to the general welfare if they were starving- - - -they'd rather riot, loot and steal than do an honest day's work!
    Jerry
  • pjames777pjames777 Senior Member Lincoln, CAPosts: 1,421 Senior Member
    Yes it's essentially a ponzi scheme, with every generation taking more benefits than they paid for, but one which no one is allowed to question or you're accused of murdering someone's grandpa.

Really? Wow as bright as you are I can't believe you said that. Victims, er, recipients of Social Security were sold a bill of goods by the Progressive President FDR. We went from a Right to work to a "privilege to work" . How? State's cannot tax that which they do not create or license. Before SS a man's labor was his property, (check out SCOTUS cases) he then signed over that Right to false security in Gov't. guarantees that if they lost their job they'd collect, if injured they'd collect, and a secure retirement. Ponzi hell, SS is robbed time and time again by the Feds to fund other projects and wars. I've paid in 15+% of my lifetime earnings and I certainly won't be getting even close to that in benefits. Not surprising that the politicians exempted themselves from what they mandated the average worker to join.

First non profession/licensed profession/corporate taxation on wages occurred in 1943 as a "victory tax" that somehow never ended! You young people know little of the foundation of the great ripoff!
    If the sorry politicians would have left SS in the so-called lock box and kept their greedy fingers out of the pie, it would have remained self sufficient.

And by and large Democrats (even though both sides should be ashamed) are responsible for spending much more of it. The idy of money they can't spend/giveaway drives them nuts.

It's easy to spend other peoples money like there ain't no tomorrow..
  • SlanteyedshootistSlanteyedshootist Senior Member Corvallis, OregonPosts: 3,947 Senior Member
    Have Obama and Emanuel already instituted their "Kill the Oldsters" program? Think of the VA waiting lists. What better way to get rid of salty old people who won't bow to the emperor?
    The answer to 1984 is 1776
  • JeeperJeeper Senior Member Tampa, FL areaPosts: 2,954 Senior Member
    One thing I haven't seen or I've glossed over is the health care of folks who would have been my grandparent's age. That would be people who are about the age of Teach and Tennmike's parents. Their healthcare was in part paid for by Medicare, Social Security, etc. I believe. When you look at for how long they paid into the system vs. the benefits they got, the disparity was pretty high. My dad worked in the health care industry, primarily elder care. He told me that people in his parent's generation were generally able to get back the Medicare and Social Security money they paid in (plus interest) within the first year of retirement. After that... they used income from other generations.

Just a thought.

This is bullcrap! For every one that managed to live that long, there were others who paid in all their life, and kicked the bucket without ever collecting a cent.

THERE IS A REASON THAT THE AGE YOU START COLLECTING COINCIDES WITH THE AVERAGE AGE OF LIFE EXPECTANCY.

The "average" payout is zero for this portion of the population. Where we lose our asses is the huge number of people who contribute nothing, but still qualify to collect something.

Luis
    Wielding the Hammer of Thor first requires you to lift and carry the Hammer of Thor. - Bigslug