Home Main Category Clubhouse

Don't updat to IOS 8.0.1

BAMAAKBAMAAK Senior MemberPosts: 4,484 Senior Member
If you have an iphone, don't update the latest IOS. It has major issues like locking up you phone and disabling cell service. It's supposed to be recalled according to our IT dept.
"He only earns his freedom and his life Who takes them every day by storm."

-- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, German writer and politician

Replies

• Six-GunSix-Gun Senior Member Posts: 8,155 Senior Member
    I already found this out the hard way. I sntalled and discovered that the phone could no longer find a tower, endlessly "searching" for service in a well-covered area. I had to completely restore the phone from a backup to get my basic calling service back.
    Accuracy: because white space between bullet holes drives me insane.
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 25,126 Senior Member
    Last time Clean did an update for her I-phone it fried her operating system.
  • LMLarsenLMLarsen Senior Member Posts: 8,337 Senior Member
    Wife and I updated both our iPads and iPhones with no issues at all.
    “A gun is a tool, no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.”

NRA Endowment Member
  • BAMAAKBAMAAK Senior Member Posts: 4,484 Senior Member
    http://www.cnbc.com/id/102029606

This says mainly the new Iphone 6 is affected but it's been pulled of the apple server
    "He only earns his freedom and his life Who takes them every day by storm."

-- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, German writer and politician
  • JayJay Senior Member Posts: 4,349 Senior Member
    I'm thinking I'm gonna restore mine back to a previous backup and wait for them to sort out the bugs. I should have waited and ususally do, but a buddy updated his 5 and it seemed OK. My 5S has been giving me some trouble since I updated it. Mainly some minor freezing issues, loading emails and some other things VERY slowly, trouble getting service at times, which is also a Sprint problem. Sprint data service, especially around here, SUCKS! I regularly see .1 mbps upload and dowload speeds at random times on any given day. But I'll end that rant.

I haven't had any major problems with IOS 8, but a few little glitches that are annoying. Rather than take a chance of it doing something to my phone that I don't want, I'll probably go to a backup and let them fix it for a while.
  • breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 13,877 Senior Member
    But... it'll let you charge your iPhone in the microwave!

http://www.cnbc.com/id/102029217
    I'm just here for snark.
    LMLarsen wrote: »
    Wife and I updated both our iPads and iPhones with no issues at all.

Wife corrected me - we installed 8.0, not 8.0.1.
    “A gun is a tool, no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.”

NRA Endowment Member
    I finally got fed up with Safari's little "features" and installed Chrome on my iPad.

NRA Endowment Member
    You've gone back to the future!

NRA Endowment Member
  • MarvinMarvin Member Posts: 126 Member
    Wife and I have updated our phones and iPads with no problems at all.
  • BufordBuford Senior Member Posts: 6,721 Senior Member
    But... it'll let you charge your iPhone in the microwave!

Anyone stupid enough to try that should be beat severely upside the head with a club repeatedly..
    Just look at the flowers Lizzie, just look at the flowers.
  • shotgunshooter3shotgunshooter3 Senior Member Posts: 5,970 Senior Member
    I always wait about a month after the update is released so they can work out the bugs.
    - I am a rifleman with a poorly chosen screen name. -
    "Slow is smooth, smooth is fast, and speed is the economy of motion" - Scott Jedlinski