Home Main Category Second Amendment/Politics

FBI Report Shows Increase In Mass Shootings Since 2007

bobbyrlf3bobbyrlf3 Senior MemberRenton, WashingtonPosts: 2,598 Senior Member
Interesting report, but not really surprising, I don't think. In my view, this demonstrates the need for concealed carry among the general population, and that gun-free zones are a myth.
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/09/25/fbi-report-shows-increase-in-mass-shootings-since-2007/
Knowledge is essential to living freely and fully; understanding gives knowledge purpose and strength; wisdom is combining the two and applying them appropriately in words and actions.

Replies

• wildgenewildgene Senior Member Cody, WYPosts: 1,036 Senior Member
    ...discussed on "Cam & Co.", seems that 1.) it's "Active Shooter", not "Mass Shooting", different categories, not that it matters to the media; 2.) changes in the "definition" includes a lot more incidents; 3.) reporting includes includes anyone who might have been considering a mass shooting, not the case before 2009, so the numbers are skewed. It's more sensationalized headlines, biased reporting, misleading rhetoric than actual reporting...
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Under a logPosts: 27,457 Senior Member
    I'll just throw this out there. :tooth:

"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please."
    Commonly quoted as: "First get your facts, then you can distort them at your leisure."

Rudyard Kipling, An Interview with Mark Twain
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
  • wildgenewildgene Senior Member Cody, WYPosts: 1,036 Senior Member
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Dellrose TNPosts: 18,428 Senior Member
    Hey, NYT- - - - -this one's for you!

0003710_fight_crime_shoot_back_gun.png

Jerry
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Under a logPosts: 27,457 Senior Member
    The New York Times has less credibility than the National Enquirer.
    NYT also owns the three local papers I could subscribe to; guess why I don't.
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Dellrose TNPosts: 18,428 Senior Member
    Maybe they mean there are more "center-mass" shootings these days, which means people are getting better marksmanship training!
    Jerry
  • bobbyrlf3bobbyrlf3 Senior Member Renton, WashingtonPosts: 2,598 Senior Member
    A change in methodology to fit a political agenda? No way........our leaders would never do that.
    Knowledge is essential to living freely and fully; understanding gives knowledge purpose and strength; wisdom is combining the two and applying them appropriately in words and actions.