Home Main Category Second Amendment/Politics

Charley Crist!!

Big Al1Big Al1 Senior MemberPosts: 8,252 Senior Member
:cuss::cuss:

I've mentioned him before but just to refresh, he's the former republican Fla. governor who ran as an indie against Marco Rubio for senate and now is running for governor again as a DEMOCRAT! ( He's Make My Day's fav!!):jester::jester: What a !!

So I start getting e mails from the Crist campaign asking for my vote :blah::blah::blah:
So I go to the unsubscribe feature and tell them to take me off the email list and a few other choice words. I did this twice and was informed I would IMMEDIATELY stop getting these e mails. So far I've still received at least four e mails a day, vote for Charley, so I added it to my blocked list and just delete it from my junk box.
I can't believe the pols have this idiot and Rick Scott even!!

Replies

• breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 13,692 Senior Member
    I try not to comment on FL politics. Don't want anyone to think I'm taking sides and trying to push my position. So please, don't take this as an endorsement of any candidate....

His campaign ads that talk about his opponent say "Rick Scott. Too Shady for the Sunshine State."
    Using that ad as a discussion point, is there an appropriate level of shadiness for the governor?
    Overkill is underrated.
  • BuffcoBuffco Senior Member Posts: 6,244 Senior Member
    I can't belief Crust even has the gall to run again. Politicians really have no shame at all.

Because I'm in SE GA our local news channel is out of Jacksonville FL. I usually know more about Florida politics then my own state.

And I think Rick Scott is a lizard person. He has the same dead eyes that Nancy Pelosi does. Do they use the same plastic surgeon?
  • jaywaptijaywapti Senior Member Posts: 4,993 Senior Member
    , is there an appropriate level of shadiness for the governor?

No, if you go back into the 30 -50s , it was the ' good ole boys " commonly called the " pork chop govt. " it was so bad that there was a referendum to move the capital to Miami or Orlando.

JAY
    THE DEFINITION OF GUN CONTROL IS HITTING THE TARGET WITH YOUR FIRST SHOT
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    Honestly I'm on the fence between the two numb-nuts running for FLA GOV.

Both have history of shady deals and doings. RS did cut the education budget and did raise/circumvent how large a classroom of students can be. My oldest daughter is a HS teacher and staunch Republican (more than me) and says she is packed with an overflow of kids without enough desks for them all. He screwed the education budget in FLA.

RS is in the pocket of big business (what pol isn't) and CC is a turncoat.

It will be hard voting for CC with Wassermann-Shultz running her mouth campaigning for him. Then again...............

I usually vote against Incumbents like judges just because. Mostly usually vote the REP "Ticket", but not always.

I wish our GOV choices were better. I'll vote for who I damn well please as all of you should.

They both have an NRA A rating..one may be a - minus I dunno.
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
    Look at that scaly skinned sumbitch.

why_wont_rick_scott_disclose_his_companys_secret_legal_settlements.jpg
    You know the thing about Rick Scott, he's got...lifeless eyes, black eyes, like a doll's eye. When he comes at ya, doesn't seem to be livin'. Until he bites ya and those black eyes roll over white.
    BTW, the TV news Truth-O-Meter is split in the middle on some of those commercials each side is running. Pretty nasty stuff.

I wouldn't hold it against anyone on here who votes fer either one.

An earlier thread had some lively comments about the race.
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
  • Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Posts: 7,863 Senior Member
    Big Al1 wrote: »
    :cuss::cuss:

I've mentioned him before but just to refresh, he's the former republican Fla. governor who ran as an indie against Marco Rubio for senate and now is running for governor again as a DEMOCRAT! ( He's Make My Day's fav!!):jester::jester: What a !!

I wouldn't vote for that chameleon sack of crap if he was the only candidate running. Charlie Crist was a **** when he was a Republican Governor. He appointed several progresso-lib judges to Florida courts. Rick Scott is a little sleazy, but Crist rates high on my political sleaze-o-meter, and Scott has helped to improve the Florida economy. Do you really want to vote for someone that thinks Obamacare is just great? For those finding themselves having a hard time voting for either, there is a certified Libertarian on the ballot who is polling about 7% in this race. Hey, go third party....better than compromising your values.
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
    THE DEMOCRATS ARE THE NEW COMMUNISTS!
  • Big Al1Big Al1 Senior Member Posts: 8,252 Senior Member
  • centermass556centermass556 Senior Member Posts: 3,534 Senior Member
    Its not my Vote anymore...My heart will always be in Florida, but not my residence

Both folks need to be Ran out of the state. I am surprised Crist hasn't been tarred and feathered yet.

Here is an interesting piece on Scott and the Koch brothers

http://politics.heraldtribune.com/2014/09/14/koch-brothers-dollars-scott/
    "To have really lived, you must have almost died. To those who have fought for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know."
  • horselipshorselips Senior Member Posts: 3,628 Senior Member
    Floridians are slowly but surely being outnumbered by immigrants from NY, NJ, the Midwest, and New England. They will vote for Democrats in Florida as they did back where they came from. And to a Democrat, any Democrat will do.
  • centermass556centermass556 Senior Member Posts: 3,534 Senior Member
    You would think... But it is not always so. More of florida is conservative than not
    "To have really lived, you must have almost died. To those who have fought for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know."
    Maybe we need a State Manager, like some cities and put someone in there above politics who will spend our tax dollars wisely.
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,428 Senior Member
    Southern politics comes in two varieties- - - -mildly sleazy and downright "gag a maggot" corrupt! 50-something years ago the dummycraps ran the show, with superstars like Huey Long, Ross Barnett, Orval Faubus, George C. Wallace, Frank Clement, and a whole bunch of also-rans who didn't rise close enough to the top of the compost heap to make their names worth remembering. The "Solid South" voted 100% dummycrap through the first 2/3 or more of the 20th. Century, mostly due to the atrocities we endured under Republican administrations during "Reconstruction". Now there's been a pretty drastic turnaround, and it's the RINOs' turn to gorge at the public trough!
    Jerry
  • USUFBUSUFB Senior Member Posts: 830 Senior Member
    Buffco wrote: »
    Look at that scaly skinned sumbitch.

why_wont_rick_scott_disclose_his_companys_secret_legal_settlements.jpg

That's just creepy.

You're going to need a bigger boat.
    Sometimes, I lie awake in bed at night wondering "Why the heck can't I fall asleep?"
    NRA Life Member
    USUFB wrote: »
    That's just creepy.

You're going to need a bigger boat.
    He does sorta' look like "Jaws"
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
  • FisheadgibFisheadgib Senior Member Posts: 5,797 Senior Member
    horselips wrote: »
    Floridians are slowly but surely being outnumbered by immigrants from NY, NJ, the Midwest, and New England. They will vote for Democrats in Florida as they did back where they came from. And to a Democrat, any Democrat will do.

Unfortunately this is very true. CM, I know most of your experience is from around the extreme panhandle and I've lived in the panhandle on and off since I got stationed here in 1976 but once you get down around Gainsville or so it becomes a different state and Horselips' statement becomes more true. I personally think Scott is doing a great job at repairing the economy of this state and when he was first elected he pointed out that he would have to do a few things that would upset some folks but they needed to be done. One of the first things he did in office was cancel the high speed rail between Tampa and Orlando and give the 2 billion back to the feds. That PO'd a lot of folks that didn't fully understand why it needed to be done but most folks don't see past the tip of their nose and only know what the media prints for them.
    snake284 wrote: »
    For my point of view, cpj is a lot like me
    Check out the Truth O Meters between the two:

http://www.politifact.com/personalities/charlie-crist/
  • JeeperJeeper Senior Member Posts: 2,954 Senior Member
    You would think... But it is not always so. More of florida is conservative than not

It USED to be. We are being overrun by retirees and their families from the Northeast.

Luis
    Wielding the Hammer of Thor first requires you to lift and carry the Hammer of Thor. - Bigslug
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 22,429 Senior Member
    I wouldn't vote for that chameleon sack of crap if he was the only candidate running. Charlie Crist was a **** when he was a Republican Governor. He appointed several progresso-lib judges to Florida courts. Rick Scott is a little sleazy, but Crist rates high on my political sleaze-o-meter, and Scott has helped to improve the Florida economy. Do you really want to vote for someone that thinks Obamacare is just great? For those finding themselves having a hard time voting for either, there is a certified Libertarian on the ballot who is polling about 7% in this race. Hey, go third party....better than compromising your values.

Vote for a 3rd party candidate is giving your vote away. He ain't got a chance of a snow ball in hell. If you vote for the Republican that won the Nomination you're voting against the Dummycrat. Anything else could be a vote for who you Really don't want

I've been watching Crist from way over here in Texas and he's about a Sleasball flip flopper from hell. If you don't vote for the Republican you're helping put him in office. And you can take the statement you make voting for someone that has no chance and put a dollar with it and you still probably can't buy a cup of coffee anywhere. Make your vote count for something.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
    Vote for a 3rd party candidate is giving your vote away. He ain't got a chance of a snow ball in hell. If you vote for the Republican that won the Nomination you're voting against the Dummycrat. Anything else could be a vote for who you Really don't want
    I'm voting for Rick Scott. I just suggested the Libertarian for those who don't like either. The Libertarian, Adrian Wyllie is going to take votes from both of them.
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
    I like Scott, don't let the freaky pictures scare you!! His policies are a lot like Walkers, up in Wisconsin, and anybody the Dems hate so much will always get my vote!!
    I like Scott, don't let the freaky pictures scare you!! His policies are a lot like Walkers, up in Wisconsin, and anybody the Dems hate so much will always get my vote!!

I'm about ready to write in Alfred E. Neuman...............

[IMG][/img]mad056id.jpg
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 22,429 Senior Member
    I'm voting for Rick Scott. I just suggested the Libertarian for those who don't like either. The Libertarian, Adrian Wyllie is going to take votes from both of them.

Good Make My Day, you're smart. One more thing here about elections. One of the biggest diservices ever made to god solid politics was the advent of Television. There are actually vote for people based on their looks or overal appearance. This is insane. It should be the internal and not the external qualifications that make a candidate really worthy of our votes. Women seem to be the worst offenders here as they will vote for the pretty boy over fat boy, no matter what kind of male bimbo the pretty boy may be and no matter how qualified the fat and ugly candidate may be. In my opinion this is a proven fact and is even discussed on the media. I heard somebody on the radio one day saying that Fred Thompson never had a chance because he looked like a TROLL. No joke, I heard this. Fred Thompson in my opinion is a very smart and knowledgeable potential candidate. Think about if Teddy Roosevelt had run in this day and time. He was a bit on the rotund side and wasn't Clarke Gable by a long shot. This is insanity and anyone that votes accordingly should be forever banned from voting again. I know, that ain't happening, but I'm just trying to make a point. How can people be so shallow?
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
    It's just been a beauty contest since the Kennedy's!!

Also, since I first posted this, I have nine more unwanted Crist e mails in my junk box even after I unsubscribed twice. I'll just let them accumulate and see how many I get!!
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 11,697 Senior Member
    Are you able to return the emails? If you can reply with You LOST my vote from each one.
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • FisheadgibFisheadgib Senior Member Posts: 5,797 Senior Member
    This morning the talking heads showed Crist claiming that Scott "has no integrity", and that his policies aare driven by "the almighty dollar". They stated that this governorial race is one of the ugliest in Florida's history and while searching around on the web, all the articles by various papers around the state show too many crazy accusations to list. Even homosexual liaisons. It sounds like Crist is getting pretty desperate and I keep waiting for him to go on the air and just start foaming at the mouth screaming that Scott is a doo doo head.
    For my point of view, cpj is a lot like me
    I'm about tired of all the political adds, they are almost comical, no , they are comical 'cause most of them make me laugh!!

So far, 19 Crist e mails in the junk box.
  • mohicanmohican Member Posts: 381 Member
    It's just been a beauty contest since the Kennedy's!!

Also, since I first posted this, I have nine more unwanted Crist e mails in my junk box even after I unsubscribed twice. I'll just let them accumulate and see how many I get!!

I defy you on this. Sincerely, R. Millhouse Nixon.