Home Main Category Second Amendment/Politics

Charley Crist!!

Replies

• FisheadgibFisheadgib Senior Member Posts: 5,797 Senior Member
    As we get closer to the elections, the commercials get more frequent and more vicious. If you were to ask around up here in the panhandle most folks would assume that Scott has it won as only an idiot would vote for a nutjob like Crist. Bear in mind that there is a huge military presense up here and most of the population currently falls into the struggling middle class demographic whereas there is a huge population of retired transplanted liberals in the southern part of the state that has an enormous amount of leverage in state elections. The pols actually show the two being pretty even. Obama's policies (the ACA in particular) have hurt the working class in this state quite a bit and having Crist as governor at the same time would just add insult to injury. I can't wait till all this is over.
    snake284 wrote: »
    For my point of view, cpj is a lot like me
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    Pretty nasty campaign.

Still not convicted Scott is any better than Crist and at least he (Crist) isn't a fairly recent implant into FLA like Scott because he has lived here since he was a child.

Think Scott should spell his last name $cott..................:tooth:
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
    Chief, do you think that you might be slightly influenced by your neighbors? If you dig around on your own instead of basing an opinion on all of the campaign adds and commercials your thoughts and opinions may be different. I'm not trying to infuence you but I researched as much as I could when Scott got elected the first time and as with any political campaign, there's lots of misinformation out there. The little comment about "$cott" make me think that you're being drawn into all of the propaganda. Yes, Scott is rich and that's why he takes a salary of $1.00 a year and doesn't owe anybody for any financial help with his campaign. Crist had a problem getting a job after his failed attempt at the Senate and went to work for his BIL's law firm. He also took three tries to pass the BAR but he's a native and he has a better looking wife so to many, that trumps being a successful and practicle businessman.
    My neighbors hate Crist. I don't live in The Villages or belong to AARP.

You think $cott is doing his Governorship outta pure philanthropic ideals and isn't lining up business deals and shaping his future and his big business friends for some profit whether he is actively involved or in "Blind Trusts"......I don't.
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
  • Big Al1Big Al1 Senior Member Posts: 8,255 Senior Member
    Chief!! Can you really trust a candidate that has changed parties thee times in four years?? There's a whole lot of commitment there!!

Or to put it bluntly, Crist is a butt wipe!!
    Big Al1 wrote: »
    Chief!! Can you really trust a candidate that has changed parties thee times in four years?? There's a whole lot of commitment there!!

Or to put it bluntly, Crist is a butt wipe!!

I don't trust either one of them. On the politician BS Flag Meter where the scale goes from 1 (low trust) 10 (highest trust) I put them both in the middle at a 5. Meter needle is fluttering on them both, though. They both dance around on the issues or just won't answer the questions.

Some of you dislike Crist more than I do and I dislike $cott more than you.
    If I had my druthers, both would disappear from the political scene and I hope they do by the next election after this one. We need somebody different to choose from.
  • Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Posts: 7,865 Senior Member
    Big Chief wrote: »
    My neighbors hate Crist. I don't live in The Villages or belong to AARP. ......
    I live 30 miles from the Villages and am very familiar with Lake County politics. The Villages is dominated by conservatives. I don't know where you get the idea it's full of liberals. In fact, this entire region, Lake, Sumter and Marion Counties is a bastion of conservatism and we DO NOT want that flip-flopping, lying hypocrite, Crist back again. If nothing else, Scott has been good for the Florida economy, and that should overshadow everything else.
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
    THE DEMOCRATS ARE THE NEW COMMUNISTS!
    I live 30 miles from the Villages and am very familiar with Lake County politics. The Villages is dominated by conservatives. I don't know where you get the idea it's full of liberals.

Funny, I have the opposite opinion/observations of a bunch of retired Yankees (mostly) from liberal northern states. I guess it depends on who you meet/know from there. Kinda like on this forum.

Anyone else familiar with The Villages................opinions/observations please? I may be entirely wrong about the residents in that area or right on the money. I'm open for discussions.
    I also thunk my Biased Opinion comes from the fact that anyone living in a Retirement Community with such crazy/restrictive Homeowners Association Rules so much different than the way I choose to live is more in the "It Takes A Village" mindset.

Am I wrong?

I also don't play golf and have no interest living adjacent to a golf course and drive little carts around the neighborhood, for what it's worth.
    Funny, I have the opposite opinion/observations of a bunch of retired Yankees (mostly) from liberal northern states. I guess it depends on who you meet/know from there. Kinda like on this forum.

Anyone else familiar with The Villages................opinions/observations please? I may be entirely wrong about the residents in that area or right on the money. I'm open for discussions.
    That is an unfair generalization. It's a proven fact that this region is conservative. Everything north and northwest of Orlando tends to be politically conservative in nature. Once you get out of Dade, Broward and Palm Beach Counties, and the big cities like Jacksonville, Orlando and Tampa, the political environment is totally different out in the hinterlands. Even the Orlando Sentinel says the area is conservative. Not everyone in that area is from the northeast. There are a lot of northeastern and mid-westerners that flee liberalism to come to the mecca of conservative thinking. The democrap party in the Villages complains loudly that they have no representation there, based on articles I have read in the Sentinel. If I had the time to do the research just to prove the point I would, but I really don't want to spend the time being the google monkey.
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
    OK that county votes conservative as a whole, what about the retirement communities called or grouped as "The Villages"?

I sure get a different impression.
    I also thunk my Biased Opinion comes from the fact that anyone living in a Retirement Community with such crazy/restrictive Homeowners Association Rules so much different than the way I choose to live is more in the "It Takes A Village" mindset.

Am I wrong?

I also don't play golf and have no interest living adjacent to a golf course and drive little carts around the neighborhood, for what it's worth.
    Those restrictive covenants were created by the builder to protect property values and to keep sloppy slugs from mucking the place up. Liberals and conservatives alike want that, but I think what attracts people is the golf, the amenities, the leisure activities and the medical and shopping availability.
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
    OK that county votes conservative as a whole, what about the retirement communities called or grouped as "The Villages"?

You didn't read my first reply. The Villages is packed with conservatives, as is Lake county in general.
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
    I couldn't live in any community that told me I couldn't a flag unless it fit their criteria if I wanted to and things like that.

The old adage don't judge a book by its cover applies here. I used to drive a Volvo wagon and many thought I was a bleeding heart liberal just fer driving it until they saw my bumper sticker which said Charlton Heston is my president.

Hey, I drive a Subaru Outback now, but nobody has called me a Lesbian yet.........except maybe cpj :tooth:
  • breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 13,692 Senior Member

The place has had some bigger Tea Party rallies, and Sarah Palin, Mike Huckabee, and other like-minded folks have come in to sign books and speak. You don't do that in a liberal enclave. I don't know where you're getting your intel on the political makeup of that place, but it's incorrect. The place has voted solidly Republican beginning in the 2000 Presidential elections and carrying it forward from there. Romney carried 67% of the vote in 2012. It's voted more Republican that the state of FL, as a whole since 2000. I admit to having issues with the place, but they're not on the national political level.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/11/06/the-villages-florida_n_2076715.html
    Overkill is underrated.
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 22,429 Senior Member
    Chief, I'm not from Florida and have only been there about four times in my life. Make that five. But what I've seen I liked. But it did seem that the Southern part was much more liberal. I really like North Florida. The panhandle is neat. That's got some of the most beautiful water and beaches in the world.

But, I will say this Chief, I don't really know squat about your politicians save Jeb Bush and Rubio, two of my favorites. However, I will say this, I have changed from voting in the general election, voting for the Man to voting for the party. I used to think voting for the man was the right thing to do. Remember Ford, the black guy from Tennessee who was running for the Senate I think? I liked him. I really did. I said a couple times I wish I was in Tennessee and could vote for him because I vote for the man, not the party. But no more. In the general election I now will vote party. I'll still vote for the man in the primaries, but not in the general. Because we can ill afford anymore dummcraps in control of this country. It seems that whatever platform the MAN aligns himself with is what ultimately governs his stand on key issues, such as gun control, taxes, abortion, you name it. They can say all they want and blow all the smoke they can, but when it comes to the nut cutting, they'll side with their party. We can't afford anymore of this idiotic Liberal stupidity governing us any longer. We can hold a Republican's feet to the fire to a point, But we have NO CONTROL over a Dummycrap in any form or fashion. And again, as for third party candidates, and Making Statements like not voting for somebody because we think them a RINO? All that will get us is another DUMMYCRAP in office. A RINO or slightly liberal Republican is still lightyears better than a known Dummycrap.

And as a side note for those that think Hillary C is a better alternative to an Obama? Keep dreaming, she's as bad as he ever was. She just has the advantage of sitting back throwing mud on him now hoping it will get her elected. Dumb thing is some believe that crap.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
    Looks like the I-4 Corridor is about even for registered Reps/Dems.

Interesting charts................I wish more folks would get out and vote on election days or do an easy vote by mail/absentee ballot.

http://www.sayfiereview.com/page/Who%20and%20Where%20are%20Floridas%20Democrats%20and%20Republicans
    The place has had some bigger Tea Party rallies, and Sarah Palin, Mike Huckabee, and other like-minded folks have come in to sign books and speak. You don't do that in a liberal enclave. I don't know where you're getting your intel on the political makeup of that place, but it's incorrect. The place has voted solidly Republican beginning in the 2000 Presidential elections and carrying it forward from there. Romney carried 67% of the vote in 2012. It's voted more Republican that the state of FL, as a whole since 2000. I admit to having issues with the place, but they're not on the national political level.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/11/06/the-villages-florida_n_2076715.html
    Yes, John McCain, Mitt Romney and Sean Hannity have been to the Villages and have drawn huge crowds.
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
    I think I saw where there will be a debate in Miami between Crist and $cott on Telemundo tonight, but in English with translation to Spanish.

The highlights might be interesting and I'm sure they both will walk on hot coals to get the Hispanic vote. One topic will be more relations with Cuba, $cott no, Crist yes. Another on immigration/Immunity, news said $cott has backpedaled on his earlier stance and a little more for it now, don't know all the details.

Both have flip-flopped on the issues and like all politicians, depends on the audience at the time and they all dance around direct questions they don't want to answer.

Oh, I know some of you hate my using an $ for an S, so I'll keep doing it :devil: :tooth:
    Yes, John McCain, Mitt Romney and Sean Hannity have been to the Villages and have drawn huge crowds.

And they both still lost the state. Only a 4% difference between Dem/Rep registered voters in the state. 20% NPA. Reps need to get their message out better and "Energize" voters and win over the on the fence voters and NPAs.
  • shushshush Senior Member Posts: 6,259 Senior Member
    Maybe we need a State Manager, like some cities and put someone in there above politics who will spend our tax dollars wisely.

What you need is a Governor-General appointed by our good Queen Liz.

So sad but you did have your chance. :devil:
    shush wrote: »
    What you need is a Governor-General appointed by our good Queen Liz.

So sad but you did have your chance. :devil:

No thanks, I'll stick to our current system. I would say may the best man win, but that doesn't always happen.
    Looks like the I-4 Corridor is about even for registered Reps/Dems.

Interesting charts................I wish more folks would get out and vote on election days or do an easy vote by mail/absentee ballot.

http://www.sayfiereview.com/page/Who%20and%20Where%20are%20Floridas%20Democrats%20and%20Republicans
    That's the new political landscape... North of I-4, they vote Republican (generally) while South of I-4 rolls Democrat. How the I-4 corridor votes generally determines which way the state rolls.
    Overkill is underrated.
    Maybe we need a State Manager, like some cities and put someone in there above politics who will spend our tax dollars wisely.
    Sorry but I just noticed this....

Unless the state manager is completely free from the influence of the governor and the legislature, it will always have politics influencing it. Either through who appoints the manager, who hires the manager, or who controls the purse strings. I know a few folks who are city or county managers and they ALL have to deal with politics.
    Overkill is underrated.
    Anyone seen the newest ad by the Republican Party targeting Crist? It tries to connect him with 3 men in jail for corruption: Jim Greer, Alan Mendelsohn, and Scott Rothstein. It's kinda funny, actually.

Jim Greer was chairman of the Republican party of Florida, and Mendelsohn and Rothstein were Republican party fundraisers when they were arrested for theft, money laundering, influence peddling, and other such offenses.
    Overkill is underrated.
  • samzheresamzhere Banned Posts: 10,923 Senior Member
    Buffco wrote: »
    And I think Rick Scott is a lizard person. He has the same dead eyes that Nancy Pelosi does. Do they use the same plastic surgeon?

Think Pod Person and you'll be pretty close to the truth.
  • Jack BurtonJack Burton Member Posts: 386 Member
    My neighbors hate Crist. I don't live in The Villages or belong to AARP.

You think $cott is doing his Governorship outta pure philanthropic ideals and isn't lining up business deals and shaping his future and his big business friends for some profit whether he is actively involved or in "Blind Trusts"......I don't.

I have a friend who helps build a medical training device for the University of Miami's Med school. The state of Florida gave UM a grant to help them develop these devices which helped Med students learn to make correct diagnoses on patients. When RS came in and began to tackle the $2 billion budget deficit this grant, which was supposed to be a one time thing but eventually turned into a yearly stipend was one of the many things he cut from the budget. The head of UM's med school is an old friend of RS, so he made a call to his buddy to convince him to keep the grant money coming. RS told him because they were friends he was going to be the easiest person he'd have to say NO to all week.
    Came for the fishing, stayed for the guns.
    Well I guess R$ was upset in last nights debate because the :fan::fan::fan: over a fan :rotflmao:

I really do not like R$, his policies may even be better than CC in general on a lot of things for republicans, others not.
    Well Chief, your candidate has the governorship almost in the bag now. Last Friday, Michelle Obama flew to Orlando at our expense to do some campaigning for Charlie Crist. With Mrs O's endorsement Crist should have the liberal vote cinched.:jester: Funny how that trip didn't make the mainstream media.