Home Main Category General Firearms

Need better scope info... Burris model 200060R

BigDanSBigDanS Senior MemberPosts: 6,992 Senior Member
I found this at Natchez:

http://www.natchezss.com/product.cfm?contentID=productDetail&prodID=BU200060R&src=exrbSrch

BU200060R.jpg

It is just 11 inches long and 12 ounces with a red dot reticle. It appears to have 40mm bell and four inch eye relief, 1.75x5x40. It's a refurb and I managed to get it for $160.00, and I intend to mount it on the Marlin 45-70 Guide Gun.

I cannot find it on Burris' site or any detailed info. I took a crap shot at this because it looks like a good scope for a heavy recoiling gun. It has a four inch eye relief and a locking ring for the reticle setting.

Does anyone have any more detailed info on this? Is it a shotgun scope?

TYIA

D
"A patriot is mocked, scorned and hated; yet when his cause succeeds, all men will join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." Mark Twain
Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.... now who's bringing the hot wings? :jester:

Replies

• jbp-ohiojbp-ohio Senior Member Posts: 10,664 Senior Member
    Didn't find it in a quick Google search, but just looking at the picture I think it is a typo. That isn't a 40mm obj lens. More like a 32mm
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." Thomas Jefferson
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." Thomas Jefferson
  • BigDanSBigDanS Senior Member Posts: 6,992 Senior Member
    Sure looks close, but the part number is different and the field of view is 66 ft at low and 25 at high, vs 45 ft to 19 ft.

I have also petitioned Burris for more info. I am pretty sure it is a Signature Series scope because of the locking screw. If nothing else on Monday I will know.

D
    "A patriot is mocked, scorned and hated; yet when his cause succeeds, all men will join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." Mark Twain
    Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.... now who's bringing the hot wings? :jester:
  • timctimc Senior Member Posts: 6,684 Senior Member
    jbp-ohio wrote: »

I have that one on my Beowulf, awesome scope for a thumper rifle!
    timc - formerly known as timc on the last G&A forum and timc on the G&A forum before that and the G&A forum before that.....
    AKA: Former Founding Member
    I first assumed the R was for refurbish, so I took that off. Still nothing. I think the whole part number is for a refurbish......

They got the 40mm wrong, so...................
    Definitely 32 mm, I thought they had discontinued them. They are really nice and will stand up to a beating.
    timc - formerly known as timc on the last G&A forum and timc on the G&A forum before that and the G&A forum before that.....
    timc wrote: »
    Definitely 32 mm, I thought they had discontinued them. They are really nice and will stand up to a beating.

1 inch tube?

D
    BigDanS wrote: »
    1 inch tube?

D

Yes 1"Tube
    Beowulfflashpic2.jpg
    This is what I received....

BU200062.jpg

I don't know if I want to keep it. No illumination and the objective is 20mm.

Cost delivered $165.00 and it has a surface flaw and is not nearly new.

What do you think?

D
  • shootbrownelkshootbrownelk Senior Member Posts: 2,035 Senior Member
    That looks like a 20mm, sure not the same as the picture you first posted. And no Illumination? I'd send it back.
    Send it back. To much $$$ for a used made in the Philippines scope.........
    Sent it back today...

D
  • bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 12,043 Senior Member
    I am trying to remember if I have ever heard anyone having a good experience with Natchez
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 22,429 Senior Member
    bullsi1911 wrote: »
    I am trying to remember if I have ever heard anyone having a good experience with Natchez

Oh I had some good experiences with them back in the day, back in the 80s and early 90s, but if this is any indication of what they have come to, then I won't deal with em. That'crap.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • FisheadgibFisheadgib Senior Member Posts: 5,797 Senior Member
    I haven't bought anything from them for about a year now but I have never had any problems with them and I've bought Steiner binoculars, a Leopold rangefinder, and probably half a dozen scopes from them over the years.
    snake284 wrote: »
    For my point of view, cpj is a lot like me