2»

Replies

• ZeeZee Senior Member Posts: 26,017 Senior Member
    cpj wrote: »
    Hurry up then. Buy the sucker.

I'm waiting on you and Jerm.
    "To Hell with efficiency, it's performance we want!" - Elmer Keith
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 22,429 Senior Member
    I still think the classic and classiest choice is the Weaver K-4. It will do all a scope needs to do in a 94 rifle. I'm not sure what kind of light transmission difference there is in a Fixed power scope and a variable. And, I think the K-4 has a 38 or a 40 MM Objective as opposed to a 32mm for these Low Power variable scopes.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 16,203 Senior Member
    Zee wrote: »
    I'm waiting on you and Jerm.
    A couple more weeks. Working my buns off making that dough (to buy guns and scopes with)!
    Reason obeys itself; and ignorance submits to whatever is dictated to it.
    -Thomas Paine
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 11,748 Senior Member
    cpj wrote: »
    Hurry up then. Buy the sucker.

I most likely will, however until I have the rifle in my hand, take it apart and purchase a new stock and fix any other issues, I dont need a scope for it.
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • BigDanSBigDanS Senior Member Posts: 6,992 Senior Member
    I want a red dot in it... The Leupold VX-R Hog is what I want, but not at $450.00

Like this:

8b9c37abbfbaf7d41acfd4c96685e8a3.jpg
    "A patriot is mocked, scorned and hated; yet when his cause succeeds, all men will join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." Mark Twain
    Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.... now who's bringing the hot wings? :jester:
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 22,429 Senior Member
    I don't see high dollar scopes paying off on a saddle gun that's never going to be used much over 100 yards if that. The benefits of all that light transmission and ultra resolution just don't compute at those short ranges.

And a variable is also in my humble opinion (OK So sometimes it ain't that humble) doesn't give you anything but less light and and greater liability of problems. I haven't noticed or looked for any lately, so I'm not even sure anybody makes one nowadays, but actually the old fixed 2 and 3 powers would be more than plenty of scope on a rifle like this.

What is really important at the ranges this rifle will be most used are things like field of view and clarity. Field of view gives you the ability to pick up on a moving animal fast and you want it clear enough to make that final ID of the animal just before pulling the trigger. And most all good quality (Not real expensive high dollar) scopes are more than adequate for that level of clarity .

And course you want it sound enough to stay on zero without getting knocked off with normal handling. Most scopes these days are plenty sound enough structurally to stay on zero, the big differences in quality being in lens coatings. At these ranges you don't have to worry about being able to count the lice and ticks on the deer's back. You just need to be able to hold on the animal and pull the trigger, hoping that its Zero hasn't shifted. But these are my own opinions and everyone here has one, Opinions that is.

:tooth:
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.