Home Main Category Personal Defense

Rioting in St Louis now

Diver43Diver43 Senior MemberPosts: 10,921 Senior Member
When is this going to end? Black male shoots at off duty copy and ends up getting killed, but its the cops fault?

http://www.cnn.com/2014/10/08/us/st-louis-officer-shooting/index.html

It totaly pisses me off how CNN news starts the story to make it sound like the cop did something wrong, then goes on to say that the dead teen fired first.

With this kind of crap happening over and over and nobody wanting to hold the black male at fault, I can not imagine going unarmed anymore.
Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5

Replies

• LinefinderLinefinder Moderator Posts: 7,041 Senior Member
    "Angry erupted among residents",

To either the reporter or their copy editor......If you're going to be a reporter, please.....either learn something about grammar or just go away. Your're not helping either side.

Mike
    "Walking away seems to be a lost art form."
    N454casull
  • pjames777pjames777 Senior Member Posts: 1,421 Senior Member
    Racism is the tool of choice and will NEVER go away as long as it can be used easily by bleeding hearts.....want me to treat you as an equal then quit pointing out our differences! IMHO
  • Fat BillyFat Billy Senior Member Posts: 1,813 Senior Member
    :win:The LEOs should use M-79 grenade launchers when shot at. The weeks it will take to process the DNA as far as identity and race will mean its not news anymore. Problem solved! :bang: Later
    Fat Billy

Recoil is how you know primer ignition is complete.
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 16,926 Senior Member
    Mom claims he pointed a sammich at the officer......was a good boy and was just getting his life on track.... :yawn:
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
  • bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 11,153 Senior Member
    Luckily that 9mm sammich jammed after the 3rd shot.
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
  • samzheresamzhere Banned Posts: 10,923 Senior Member
    pjames777 wrote: »
    Racism is the tool of choice and will NEVER go away as long as it can be used easily by bleeding hearts.....want me to treat you as an equal then quit pointing out our differences! IMHO

It's the liberal mantra and will be used forever by them. And I'm guessing you're not holding your breath waiting for them to change, either. Nor am I.
    Linefinder wrote: »
    "Angry erupted among residents",

To either the reporter or their copy editor......If you're going to be a reporter, please.....either learn something about grammar or just go away. Your're not helping either side.

Mike

It's a lost cause, dude. I see more and more typos and grammatical errors in news headlines and stories all the time, as well as errors throughout printed material. I review mystery books for a website and I constantly find errors. These are in professionally edited and commercially published books, too.

I used to email the websites who posted errors with humorous barbs but even that is old news these days, and I've just given up.
  • gatorgator Senior Member Posts: 1,746 Senior Member
    "That was somebody's baby"........with a gun they are no longer a baby.

"Think about your own child"...........maybe his momma should have taught him not to shoot at cops.

"no stranger to law enforcement"..........but he was a good boy.....yeah right.
    USMC 80-84
    -96 lbs
  • Dr. dbDr. db Senior Member Posts: 1,541 Senior Member
    It is all part of the same mindset. Blame law enforcement instead of the lawbreaker.
  • DoctorWhoDoctorWho Senior Member Posts: 9,496 Senior Member
    Remember Aderic White ? he robbed the "original oyster house" got out on bail and was shot robbing a dollar store.

The best part was Aderic was shot by another black man with legal CCW, then his relative yells that man had no right to shoot Aderic !
    "There is some evil in all of us, Doctor, even you, the Valeyard is an amalgamation of the darker sides of your nature, somewhere between your twelfth and final incarnation, and I may say, you do not improve with age. Founding member of the G&A forum since 1996
  • Elk creekElk creek Senior Member Posts: 6,455 Senior Member
    It's a sub-culture that lacks the BASIC rules of morality that we share here. They just don't see the world the same as you and me. Doesn't make it right by a long shot but it sure does tick me off to see the them talk about " the good boy" bla bla bla. Leach!
    Aim higher, or get a bigger gun.
  • FisheadgibFisheadgib Senior Member Posts: 5,797 Senior Member
    DoctorWho wrote: »
    Remember Aderic White ? he robbed the "original oyster house" got out on bail and was shot robbing a dollar store.

The best part was Aderic was shot by another black man with legal CCW, then his relative yells that man had no right to shoot Aderic !

White was actually out on bond when he commited the robbery. He was holding a gun to the store clerks head when he was shot by the good samaritan and white's family claimed that he didn't have a right to shoot him since he wasn't the one being robbed. His whole family seems to be mentally challenged.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/11/22/adric-white-robbery_n_4323080.html
    snake284 wrote: »
    For my point of view, cpj is a lot like me
  • horselipshorselips Senior Member Posts: 3,628 Senior Member
    I think the mayors and councils of St. Louis and Ferguson should withdraw police protection from these districts and let these freaking residents fend for themselves.
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,428 Senior Member
    Riot="Target rich environment"! When the sanitation department needs a Michigan loader to scoop up rioters' bodies by the dozen, it will be a LONG time before the next one happens.
    Jerry
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    samzhere wrote: »
    It's a lost cause, dude. I see more and more typos and grammatical errors in post on here by these gun-lovin miscreants!

I used to correct them on this forum with humorous barbs, but even that is old news these days, and I've just given up.

FIFY :tooth: :jester:
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • LinefinderLinefinder Moderator Posts: 7,041 Senior Member
    It's a lost cause, dude. I see more and more typos and grammatical errors in news headlines and stories all the time, as well as errors throughout printed material. I review mystery books for a website and I constantly find errors. These are in professionally edited and commercially published books, too.

I used to email the websites who posted errors with humorous barbs but even that is old news these days, and I've just given up.

That's a shame, because if I'm going to be force-fed bull scat, I'd prefer it to be smooth around the edges.

Mike
    "Walking away seems to be a lost art form."
    N454casull
    Big Chief wrote: »
    FIFY :tooth: :jester:

"It's a lost cause, dude. I see more and more typos and grammatical errors in post on here by these gun-lovin miscreants!

I used to correct them on this forum with humorous barbs, but even that is old news these days, and I've just given up."

Correct. There are just too many misspellings and other grade-school grammatical errors to worry about, so I retired from my "forum English fixit" post and no longer make corrections unless the person is also slamming me, and I figure that's fair game.

Most members here went to public school like I did, I suppose, and therefore seem to know how to write coherently. I can't speak for others, except that it's a nice thing to be able to write correctly in at least one language, preferably English.
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 22,394 Senior Member

I screw up spelling to beat hell, but that's usually if I don't have spell check or the one I use on here isn;t working well or doesn't have the word I need in its dictionary. But some of these idiots have the writing skills of a mullet.

But what really gets me more than even spelling and grammar, is when I hear some college kid say, "But I can't read or write in Cursive!" :angry: UUURRRRGGGGG!!!!! That pisses me off!!! :angry:
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
    Linefinder wrote: »
    That's a shame, because if I'm going to be force-fed bull scat, I'd prefer it to be smooth around the edges.

Mike

Esp when you shoost the bull over a 5 gallon compound bucket, and the bull scat is on you !
    :angel:
    :jester:
    "There is some evil in all of us, Doctor, even you, the Valeyard is an amalgamation of the darker sides of your nature, somewhere between your twelfth and final incarnation, and I may say, you do not improve with age. Founding member of the G&A forum since 1996
    gator wrote: »
    "That was somebody's baby"........with a gun they are no longer a baby.

"Think about your own child"...........maybe his momma should have taught him not to shoot at cops.

"no stranger to law enforcement"..........but he was a good boy.....yeah right.

:that:

I like that Gator, Good examples and good explanations. :applause:

:up::up::up:
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
    Dr. db wrote: »
    It is all part of the same mindset. Blame law enforcement instead of the lawbreaker.

Especially if the cop's white and the one shot is black.
    They say the cop fired too many times?????

How many is too many in response to being shot at? Or maybe the idiots think he should have fired back in a measured type way, the same amount of times he was shot at?

That would be a **** way to do things.

Oh wait, everywhere across America hundreds of rounds are sometimes expended in police vs BG shootouts.

Oh wait, the Perp was black.........Cease Fire............may cause racial tensions.
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    "It's a lost cause, dude. I see more and more typos and grammatical errors in post on here by these gun-lovin miscreants!

I used to correct them on this forum with humorous barbs, but even that is old news these days, and I've just given up."

Correct. There are just too many misspellings and other grade-school grammatical errors to worry about, so I retired from my "forum English fixit" post and no longer make corrections unless the person is also slamming me, and I figure that's fair game.

Most members here went to public school like I did, I suppose, and therefore seem to know how to write coherently. I can't speak for others, except that it's a nice thing to be able to write correctly in at least one language, preferably English.

Sam, I am a product of public schools with the exception of the 3rd and 4th grades where I was sent to a couple different church schools to straighten me out, didn't work. I was a hyperactive kid. The rest of the time was public education for me.

Sometimes I spell and use grammar I know is incorrect just because I feel like it, but not so far off the readers can't comprehend my point/message I'm conveying.

Besides, a little slang, play on words brightens up the place a little. I like shootin guns and S&Ws mo better than Tauruses :tooth:

I have seen some incoherent posts post on here that are difficult to make heads or tails out of, but most are understandable enough. Also, seen some so technical or deep in a topic area that most laymen wouldn't understand the esoteric content and lose interest real quick.

A lot of these "Good Ole Boys" on here are a lot more intelligent than they let on and by the same token others are not as smart as they think they are, by a long shot (pun intended).

I put myself in the middle, grading with a curve :conehead: :conehead: :jester: :jester:
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 21,096 Senior Member
    The "pump" was primed by the race baiters after the shooting in Ferguson and it doesn't matter if a shoot was 100% justified, like this one appears to be. If a white (especially a cop) shoots a black, They're going to start screaming "racism", "police brutality" and anything else they can think of. The whole, "Poor me the victim" mentality
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

You couldn't pay me enough to be a LEO in Saint Louis/Ferguson right now. Damned if you do (shoot) and damned if you don't (dead).
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 10,921 Senior Member
    knitepoet wrote: »
    The "pump" was primed by the race baiters after the shooting in Ferguson and it doesn't matter if a shoot was 100% justified, like this one appears to be. If a white (especially a cop) shoots a black, They're going to start screaming "racism", "police brutality" and anything else they can think of. The whole, "Poor me the victim" mentality

YOU ARE SO RIGHT!! and it is getting worse by the day. I blame the media and our current administration with Obama and Holder in the front row. They never should have had a word on local happenings and if the media wants to remain a free press they should be held to 100% honest reporting and telling both sides. Racial Tension is worse than it has been in many years and its getting worse.
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • VarmintmistVarmintmist Senior Member Posts: 7,398 Senior Member
    Diver43 wrote: »
    When is this going to end?

When the state police draw new helmets, masks, shields and batons and get backed up by the FD and Guard, and looters are allowed to be shot.
    It's boring, and your lack of creativity knows no bounds.
    Was that a scene out of the movie "Soylent green" ?
    I thought it was funny how people waited to get scooped up.
  • lightfootlightfoot New Member Posts: 4 New Member
    Biggest problem is parent don't take responsibility for raising these kids. Then when they get in trouble it's somebody else's fault
  • DanChamberlainDanChamberlain Senior Member Posts: 3,395 Senior Member
    bullsi1911 wrote: »
    Luckily that 9mm sammich jammed after the 3rd shot.

It was a "Peanut Butter & Jam" sandwich.
    It's a source of great pride for me, that when my name is googled, one finds book titles and not mug shots. Daniel C. Chamberlain