Home Main Category Second Amendment/Politics

House Bill Would Criminalize Satire of TSA

Big ChiefBig Chief Senior MemberPosts: 32,995 Senior Member
Not sure if this is the intent of the house bill, BUT it depends on interpretation and needs to be modified, at the least.

Some of the reader relies/comments are out there in Kool-Aid land................................

http://www.infowars.com/house-bill-would-criminalize-satire-of-tsa/
It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!

Replies

• robert38-55robert38-55 Senior Member Posts: 3,621 Senior Member
    ............... And I quote from the article:
    The TSA and the Justice Department are obviously serious about making sure we don’t criticize their Gestapo operation. Since they began irradiating citizens with naked body scanners and shoving their hands down the pants of old ladies and grade school kids, public outrage has reached a crescendo.

I have said this before and I will say it again even though it doesn't meet the same deffinition of some here.... Adios to FREE SPEECH, this is: CENSORSHIP, FAHRENHEIT 451 ETC. You see it starts with little trival BS and left unchecked by Freedom loving Americans you wake up one morning and say or print something then the next thing ya know you are serving a life sentence for being "An enemy of the state"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TSA= They Steal Anything
    TSA= They Say Anything
    TSA= They Search Anywhere ( including all body cavities)
    TSA= They Stop Americans
    TSA= There So Asinine
    TSA= There So Anti-Freedom
    TSA= There So Anti-American

Here is a comment from the article:
    Incredible. freedom of speech and censorship are words often thrown around without understanding that such acts are those undertaken by the government alone. No, this my friends lives up to the hype! I can’t imagine such a bill would pass but, then again, there’s a lot I see daily that I also never imagined I would see. Can you say, “Sieg Heil!?”

I will be the first to test the waters.. I will have a tee shirt made that says: " I lost my virginity to TSA At Reagan international Airport"!!!!!!!!!!!!!:roll2::silly:
    "It is what it is":usa:
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,457 Senior Member
    TSA--Titillating Salacious Activity
    TSA--Those Stupid (insert 8 letter word for multiple anuses)
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
  • mkk41mkk41 Banned Posts: 1,932 Senior Member
    You would think they would have tried to ban satire of politicians first!
  • CaliFFLCaliFFL Senior Member Posts: 5,486 Senior Member
    mkk41 wrote: »
    You would think they would have tried to ban satire of politicians first!

Just ask the guys at The Onion. They have had to deal with the police over satirical "news".
    When our governing officials dismiss due process as mere semantics, when they exercise powers they don’t have and ignore duties they actually bear, and when we let them get away with it, we have ceased to be our own rulers.

Adam J. McCleod

• SlanteyedshootistSlanteyedshootist Senior Member Posts: 3,947 Senior Member
    They can't pass that! It would go against Obama's promise of more jobs. Can you imagine how many stand up comics would be unemployed? Of course it would make standing in the unemployment line a lot more entertaining.
    The answer to 1984 is 1776
  • BigslugBigslug Senior Member Posts: 8,567 Senior Member
    :chill:Ummm. . .read carefully guys:

"in a matter that is reasonably calculated to convey the impression that the wearer of the item of apparel is acting pursuant to the legal authority of the Transportation Security Administration or Federal Air Marshal Service, or to convey the impression that such advertisement, circular, book, pamphlet, software, or other publication, or such play, motion picture, broadcast, telecast, or other production, is approved, endorsed, or authorized by the Transportation Security Administration or Federal Air Marshal Service ."

Basically, they're just saying that you can't go around impersonating a federal employee. Not a bad call really, because if a groping pervert wanted to impersonate a TSA worker, how would one know the difference?

T-shirts that say "Thousands Standing Around" are still on the menu.
    WWJMBD?

"Nothing is safe from stupid." - Zee
  • JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 16,135 Senior Member
    Bigslug wrote: »
    Not a bad call really, because if a groping pervert wanted to impersonate a TSA worker, how would one know the difference?

Is there a difference?
    Reason obeys itself; and ignorance submits to whatever is dictated to it.
    -Thomas Paine
  • ThatMattGuyThatMattGuy Senior Member Posts: 666 Senior Member
    Yes could could just get a job there and get paid for it too! haha
    The poster formerly known as '69MercCougar
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 13,219 Senior Member
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • DoctorWhoDoctorWho Senior Member Posts: 9,496 Senior Member
    "Basically, they're just saying that you can't go around impersonating a federal employee. Not a bad call really, because if a groping pervert wanted to impersonate a TSA worker, how would one know the difference?"

Should read:

Basically, they're just saying that you can't go around impersonating a federal employee.
    Not a bad call really, because if a TSA worker is also a groping pervert,

How would one know it ?

Answer: You don't.
    "There is some evil in all of us, Doctor, even you, the Valeyard is an amalgamation of the darker sides of your nature, somewhere between your twelfth and final incarnation, and I may say, you do not improve with age. Founding member of the G&A forum since 1996
    Bigslug wrote: »
    :chill:Ummm. . .read carefully guys:

"in a matter that is reasonably calculated to convey the impression that the wearer of the item of apparel is acting pursuant to the legal authority of the Transportation Security Administration or Federal Air Marshal Service, or to convey the impression that such advertisement, circular, book, pamphlet, software, or other publication, or such play, motion picture, broadcast, telecast, or other production, is approved, endorsed, or authorized by the Transportation Security Administration or Federal Air Marshal Service ."

Basically, they're just saying that you can't go around impersonating a federal employee. Not a bad call really, because if a groping pervert wanted to impersonate a TSA worker, how would one know the difference?

T-shirts that say "Thousands Standing Around" are still on the menu.

:rotflmao::agree: I was just making a SATIRE, of the TSA new bill in the house....... Kind of a "Joke within a Joke" Kinda of like " Border and Boarder"
    They can't pass that! It would go against Obama's promise of more jobs. Can you imagine how many stand up comics would be unemployed? Of course it would make standing in the unemployment line a lot more entertaining.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^:rotflmao::spittingcoffee::roll2: