And this is why a whole lot of Americans shouldn't vote.....

LinefinderLinefinder ModeratorPosts: 4,551 Senior Member
I rarely ever post links, but this one pretty well lends validity to this thread's title.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EzEr23XJwFY

Mike
Decisions have consequences, not everything in life gets an automatic mulligan.
KSU Firefighter

Replies

• snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 21,857 Senior Member
    Linefinder wrote: »
    I rarely ever post links, but this one pretty well lends validity to this thread's title.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EzEr23XJwFY

Mike

Yep, this reminds me of when Sean Hannity would put his man on the street and ask the general public who they were going to vote for. Most of them had no idea who their politicians were or what position they held. I don't believe it was a true representation of our society as a whole but it does scare you that these people are actually allowed to vote.

In my opinion, there should be a test given before people are given a voter registration card that they are competent and qualified to vote. Somebody who has Zero Education, can't speak English, Can't read, has no business voting for people that are going to govern. This is insane. It's as bad as letting non citizens vote. But certain politicians (Mainly associated with one of our two main political parties) want these people to vote because due to their giveaway policies they know these low info voters will vote for them. And all this party is about is votes. They will do anything to stay in power.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 10,945 Senior Member
    You live in CO, why are you watching this drivel and why aren't you hunting?
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • Judge DreadJudge Dread Member Posts: 37 Member
    Political party's and candidates are like a cake ...... they have different frosting color covers, but the inside is always full of Bull feces ......(:P
  • KSU FirefighterKSU Firefighter Senior Member Posts: 3,246 Senior Member
    What kind of cake are you eating?
    The fire service needs a "culture of extinguishment not safety" Ray McCormack FDNY
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 26,106 Senior Member
    The U.S. is supposedly a big melting pot. Carrying this further, a melting pot for metal produces slag, or dross. We have been remiss in not removing the slag/dross. Therefore, the electorate in general, if spotted 75 I.Q. points, would still be in negative numbers. Or something like that.............. It reminds me of a herd of cattle in which the culls are allowed to reproduce.
    If the U.S. Congress was put in charge of the Sahara Desert, there would be a shortage of sand in under six months.

• knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 18,869 Senior Member
    Mike (Linefinder), you owe me 2 Tylenol for posting that... it made my head hurt :tissue:
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

Political party's and candidates are like a cake ...... they have different frosting color covers, but the inside is always full of Bull feces ......(:P

Low info voters throw all parties and candidates under the bus and claim they're all the same. This makes it easy for them so they don't have to explain what they're doing. Well none of us have to explain anything anyway, but if people were truly informed they wouldn't vote like a third grader in the first place.
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • BufordBuford Senior Member Posts: 6,661 Senior Member
    Asking about an acronym is this really fair.
    Just look at the flowers Lizzie, just look at the flowers.
    Buford wrote: »
    Asking about an acronym is this really fair.

Yes. If you'd have asked them what DNC stands for, they'd have blurted that out immediately. :rotflmao:
    If the U.S. Congress was put in charge of the Sahara Desert, there would be a shortage of sand in under six months.

• MississippiBoyMississippiBoy Senior Member Posts: 819 Senior Member
    tennmike wrote: »
    Yes. If you'd have asked them what DNC stands for, they'd have blurted that out immediately. :rotflmao:

Or EBT :devil:
  • pjames777pjames777 Senior Member Posts: 1,078 Senior Member
    Sadly, my oldest with a Master Degree, voted for Obama in 2008 . when I asked why, she stated she refused to vote for George Bush.....but he's not running and can't run his two terms are up...."I don't care I'm not voting for Bush!" Sometimes its tough to love relatives but a father has to do what he has to do......beat his head against the wall. "Did you read Mr. Obama's autobiography?" "Nope, can't make me vote for Bush, Dad."

At least she let's my SIL shoot with me!
    pjames777 wrote: »
    Sadly, my oldest with a Master Degree, voted for Obama in 2008 . when I asked why, she stated she refused to vote for George Bush.....but he's not running and can't run his two terms are up...."I don't care I'm not voting for Bush!" Sometimes its tough to love relatives but a father has to do what he has to do......beat his head against the wall. "Did you read Mr. Obama's autobiography?" "Nope, can't make me vote for Bush, Dad."

At least she let's my SIL shoot with me!
    I've got one that got her PHD in Micro Biology as did here husband (That's where they met) and they both work for Johns Hopkins as medical researchers. And they both voted for Obummer twice. There reason? their professor told them that The Democrats contribute more to medical research. I said you don't think us poor overtaxed working people don't contribute to your research? I told her Obama gave less to charities and research than about any Republican President has. Not entirely sure that's 100% correct but I have read that several times that the Obamas didn't contribute too heavily, but a lot of our taxes go toward research.
  • LinefinderLinefinder Moderator Posts: 4,551 Senior Member
    Like I said, I don't often post links, but this one hit really close to home.

At issue here in Colorado in the November elections is Proposition 105 "Labeling Genetically Modified Food".

While I could type the whole 5 pages of "Definitions" contained in the Colorado 2014 State Ballot Information Bookle (Research Publication No. 639-3) suffice it to say I'm not going to.

In a nutshell, though, practically any food you purchase at a convenience store, restaurant, or establishment that derives over 50% of its income from "immediate consumption" food sales is exempt. Not exempt....cattle ranchers, chicken farmers, and (among others) vegetable growers that sell their goods for "less than immediate consumption".

The USDA doesn't even have standards that approach this one. If they did, Iowa would never sell another ear of corn, Kansas may as well take up basket weaving, Arkansas may as well turn their chickens into feather beds, Louisiana can forget about red-beans and rice, and I don't know who produces the most piggies in the US at this time, but those would surely be a loosing proposition.

But any one of those state could sell their wares in this state without any "GMO Notification Labeling". But, we couldn't sell ours not only here, but not in their states either.

The initiative is laughable. But, what scares me is that there are enough loonies in this state who managed to get it put on the ballot. Loonies just like the ones in the link.

I love this state. I knew I wanted to live here back in '74. It took me till '04 to make it. But...............I'm wondering about Idaho or Wyoming. I'm beginning to feel like the only ballot I can cast here that'll count will be with my feet.

Mike
    KSU Firefighter
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 18,869 Senior Member
    I'm beginning to feel like the only ballot I can cast here that'll count will be with my feet.

Mike
    :win:

(You still owe me 2 Tylenol though) :tooth:
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

Mike, the problem is that CO has a poor immigration policy that let in WAY too many looney tunes from CA. They have reproduced unchecked and dumbed down the state. They fouled their own nests in CA, moved to CO to escape it, and ended up fouling that nest, too. Too bad y'all can't deport 'em back to CA!

• LinefinderLinefinder Moderator Posts: 4,551 Senior Member
    Mike, the problem is that CO has a poor immigration policy that let in WAY too many looney tunes from CA.

The problem isn't that CO has a poor immigration policy. It's the same policy that all US states have. But just wait until the CA dudes and dudettes discover that Tennessee has mountains and they are a whole lot easier to walk and leaf-peep through than the Rockies.:devil:

Mike
    KSU Firefighter
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,429 Senior Member
    That's why we call it "tourist season"- - - - - -no bag limit!
    Jerry
    Hide and wail in terror, Eloi- - - -We Morlocks are on the hunt!
    ASK-HOLE Someone who asks for advice and always does something opposite
  • KSU FirefighterKSU Firefighter Senior Member Posts: 3,246 Senior Member
    Oh the loony tune crew has made it to Tennessee already, ( and a few Kansans :tooth:), they just don't seem to survive as well once they exit Memphis, Nashville, Knoxville etc. Send them to Mountain City, they will look for an easier place to assimilate!
    The fire service needs a "culture of extinguishment not safety" Ray McCormack FDNY
    The problem isn't that CO has a poor immigration policy. It's the same policy that all US states have. But just wait until the CA dudes and dudettes discover that Tennessee has mountains and they are a whole lot easier to walk and leaf-peep through than the Rockies.:devil:

Mike

Can't speak for Jerry's part of the state, but over here in East TN we got a bunch of folks from 'up North' and from other areas way West. However, there is a HUGE cull factor; folks that don't fit in and refuse to change to fit in are 'encouraged' to go elsewhere. That 'encouragement' can be a bit intense.

Some of the recalcitrant ones form those HOA type things and cluster together, which is good. That way the infection/infestation can be localized. :roll2:

• BufordBuford Senior Member Posts: 6,661 Senior Member
    Can't speak for Jerry's part of the state, but over here in East TN we got a bunch of folks from 'up North' and from other areas way West. However, there is a HUGE cull factor; folks that don't fit in and refuse to change to fit in are 'encouraged' to go elsewhere. That 'encouragement' can be a bit intense.

Some of the recalcitrant ones form those HOA type things and cluster together, which is good. That way the infection/infestation can be localized. :roll2:

And that would be?
    Just look at the flowers Lizzie, just look at the flowers.